BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 987988989990991 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 5:30pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice bags lads. I went with a mate in his boat. 20 mt mark off Bayfair/Mount somewhere. Got an elusive gurnard and we pulled 13 good snaps. When we got back to ramp we were inspected. Dude said we had the biggest haul he had seen that week. Heaps coming in with just 1 fish! Poor buggers. Me and Scotty got looked at last time I went out so looking for the hat trick next time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 5:45pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Gdog haha you do look dodgy 😀
Nice haul. If you can get on a school its all good. Randomly drifting is still tough.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:09pm
Ruff as Guts View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Piwi, I went down the way. My usual 😉. Only about 4 out my end. Lost a big boy at the yak. Must have known I was going to let him go. I may try Paps next.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 11:04pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Damn Ruff you must have been gutted. Did it snap the line or just shake off ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:15am
Ruff as Guts View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Spat the hook. Could feel a weird click come up the line. Not too worried good fight and great conditions
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:11pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Wasnt many  fish caught off paps yeaterday from reports so went for a short drive.
Fishing slow to start but was a small work up going on so cast into them and hooked up - ended up with 4 snaps and a 58 cm KY.
Mate ended up with 2 kings, 2 snaps with one weighing in at 17.5 pds and a trev - he was using one of the jig heads that have the flashing lights that activate when they hit the water.
Great conds as as well 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:55pm
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Stoked you guys got into some fish in the end! Any particular colour on the softies that was doing the damage?
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:04pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Scotty was that the guy from Wellington?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:55pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That was him Piwi - he was stoked to get onto some fish up here - he fishes quite a bit down there and sounds like some good fishing esp kings down that way.
New penny and bruised banana worked well today but star of the show was the glow bite flashing jig head he was using as every cast into the work up pulled out a good fish - not cheap tho - 20 bux for 2 he said.
Only downside of the day was I want to get a stealth now 🤔🤔
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 4:38pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hmmm those stealth kayaks do look good. Does anyone here use one?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 4:44pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Flashing Jigheads the old timers will be turning in their graves 😃

Thats awesome for him Scotty.

Phishpulla has one Ray. They are light and fast but Slightly more unstable as narrower
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:02pm
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the info Thumbs Up
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:15pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fishing guys!

That's a killer JD Andy!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:16pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Ruff as Guts Ruff as Guts wrote:

Spat the hook. Could feel a weird click come up the line. Not too worried good fight and great conditions

Putu knot story if ever I’ve heard one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:18pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good results coming through guys, can be a tough time of the year. Some variety too always cool to see squid and jds popping up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 10:38am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Did you get out DT ?

Water is warming. I went for a swim yesterday and today and wasn't too bad probably about 17 to 18 c.

Dale that dory was 46cm and fed 4 of us easily. I gave fish to all my neighbors except the guy with the boat 😄 although he struggles with the catching part 😄
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:42pm
Waxer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

2 snapper and a jd off taylors this morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 3:00pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice result Waxer. I was just in New World and JD was $39/KILO
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 4:43pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheap down there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 5:12pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

True Muppet. You guys pay more ? They had mirror dory for a bit cheaper. Is that the deep sea one ?
Page  <1 987988989990991 1025>