BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 924925926927928 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 4:25pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ha I was going to go Saturday but you boys have put me off. Might wait for full moon, the current phase is normally crap,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 5:14pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hopefully it was just a bad day Muppet. You are too skilled to zilch 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 6:19pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh no I have to take them too, I ain't that lucky Piwi. Of all the moon phases though I reckon the half moon before the full is the one I have most bad days on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 6:38pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

At the moment I’d just take the chance to get out never mind the moon phase 😴 this weekend not looking much better either
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:13am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'd even settle for a paddle in the harbour at this rate, been a loooonnng time between drinks..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:20pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Welcome to the new guy Noponies 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lorimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 4:46pm
lorimer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This weekend is my last weekend in the bay. Hope I can get out tomorrow at the Papamoa domain ... I’ve been really crook all week (lost my voice for a couple days) but ready to give it one last go before shifting.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lorimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 4:50pm
lorimer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I’m gonna try one these wifi fish finders tomorrow attached to my kayak. Got it on AliExpress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi4eB9dBwGE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 5:29pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Lorimer there will be a wave but if you are keen I'm sure you will make it.
You can get a decent fish finder for under $300 but let us know how that one goes 😀
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 6:09pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Looking 10-15 knots tomorrow and 0.5 to 1m waves
Is that what you guys see ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 6:19pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Muse 1.5m and offshore good for surfing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 6:29pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Haha Andy! Its been so long I'm wondering if all my reels have seized up!

Yep, that's what I'm seeing Shane, but more swell. Better for a wave I think.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 6:32pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Lorimer
I had one of those wifi portable fishfinders and found it a hassle to use tbh
I had the deeper pro + and it wouldn’t connect at times 🤷‍♂️
My 50 cents worth mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 7:06pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Dale one of my cheapy Siennas rusted out on the drag knob thread. Got a faulty 2nd hand stradic off DT that doesn't catch fish 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 6:33pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Must be faulty if its from DT and can't catch fish! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 7:40pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Haha yeah he used all the mojo on it.

Did anyone get out ?
I went for a surf at 12 and there was some big waves.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lorimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 10:24am
lorimer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I went out from Papamoa Domain. Caught one descent sized snapper in 11 metres depth. Very big waves to contend with on the way in. At the break zone where people were surfing some big sets that I had to turn around and paddle back into .... on a couple they were almost breaking as I went up and over ... fricken scary, the height seemed as long as my kayak. I managed to paddle in behind the last wave of a set. Almost made it to shore before tipped over at the last moment in waist deep water.

The fish finder was very good. It stayed connected to my phone and showed the occasional fish at 20 metres deep (about 2km out). Got the occasional nibble when trying those spots but nothing hooked up.

I was really surprised when it spotted a lot of fish at 10-12 metres deep. I got quite a few on but my hook up rate not good (haven’t got the striking technique sorted yet). Anyway, lost one that I got to the surface, the one I landed was more than adequate for dinner with the wife last night.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:09pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good one Lorimer yeah some of those waves had 6 foot faces which looks quite daunting when sitting in a yak.

Thursday, friday and Saturday shaping up later this week.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:58pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by piwikiwi piwikiwi wrote:

1st fish for 5 weeks today and unfortunately one of my worst. No fish caught and barely an arch sighted. 

Im not suprised piwi is average at best, all the gear and no idea .
Keeping an eye on later in the week
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 4:36pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Let me know what Day DT and I will try and keep it clear. Thursday looking the best.
Page  <1 924925926927928 1025>