BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 920921922923924 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 3:58pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yep or you can use the go pro quik story app but max length of video is a minute I think

I used IMovie to start with on Mac
Using Adobe premier pro now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 4:36pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Clearing a bit of gear. Have a 2500 sustain on a shadow x rod looking for $200 in good condition. Also a ci4 stradic 4000 looking for $80 had plenty of use and has battle scars but still goes well.

Welcome to check them out if you want.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 4:43pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I will take the stradic Mike. Gotta be better than my crap 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 5:04pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

If you getting rid of the 4000 ci4 reel what are you going for next
Piwi ask you son is that a free down load
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 5:13pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yes Cam he said it was free. I thought I was the cheap ******* 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 5:17pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Scottish/Maori
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockman39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 9:25pm
Rockman39 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hiya Cam. I've heard VideoShow is real good. It's in playstore. Not sure if it's only for Android tho or Quik Desktop which is for comps and specifically for GoPro I think.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockman39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 9:40pm
Rockman39 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yup just checked Quik is in playstore, for GoPro and FREE 🙂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Newbie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 5:50pm
Newbie11 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone thinking of heading out tomorrow if swell drops? Back from uni for a few days and am edging to get out as much between now and Thursday.Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 0Gurnardsnatcher0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:07pm
0Gurnardsnatcher0 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yep was thinking rogers if anyone is keen
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Newbie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:17pm
Newbie11 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Was thinking could be a bit dumpy down that way, may just head Paps way off domain, will check A buoy in the morning 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 7:03pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I'm hoping the surf stays up for another day 😉
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 0Gurnardsnatcher0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 7:15pm
0Gurnardsnatcher0 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yea bro surfs dropped heaps today. launching mite be better up taylors or kawera parade. What you think ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lorimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 8:16pm
lorimer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Staying at tourist park next to pap domain. Surf was a bit too big this morning. Going to try give it a nudge tomorrow morning out from there. Got my first kingfish (ever) 3 km out from there last Saturday. I flipped on the way in through the waves though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Newbie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 9:31pm
Newbie11 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A buoy has dropped even more in a few hours so will give it a go tomorrow i think if max is no more than what it is now. Will pop down and have a look at Taylors in the morning then and most likely launch from there. Will get there 6:15-6:30 to set up and launch after that, may see you down there at some point.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lorimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 3:04pm
lorimer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Got out at Papamoa Domain with no problems. Only caught one fish (kahawai). Managed to get back in between sets. Lots of surfers around me ... had to wait 20 min for a lull
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:05pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Lorimer good patience 😁
Always a bad sign when lots of surfers out. Congrats on that Kingi last week.
I will try and get out with a fish with you sometime. I launch at the Domain 2nd entry point but we could meet out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Newbie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 1:39pm
Newbie11 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Decided not to go with surf looking a little too large still, however will pop out for a couple of hours tomorrow morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lorimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:34pm
lorimer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

When out on Sunday, I pulled up to a guy on a boat at same distance as me (2 km). He was just leaving and had his 7 snaps. I’d been fishing about 200m away from him and only caught a kahawai. He said he was using berley (I wasn’t). Do you guys use berley from your kayaks? Is this how you manage to catch snapper and I don’t ... remember, I’m really very new to this

I’m currently using an assortment of softbaits ... the usual nuclear chicken, etc plus many other colours and sizes (caught the kahawai on dark green). I also use squid on a ball sinker with hook on trace below that.

Remarkably, I caught the king fish on a bare hook with 4 ball sinkers above it. I had only added this a metre above my softbait to get it down to the bottom in reasonable current (bit similar to how a trout fisherman ties a dry fly to his line and then a dropper from that to a nymph).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lorimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:39pm
lorimer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Piwi, would be awesome to get out with. In my current situation, I can’t travel with the kayak but happy to catch up with anyone that launches close to the campground by the domain surf club i.e. close to corner of domain road and Papamoa beach road.
Page  <1 920921922923924 1025>