BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 911912913914915 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:24pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah choice is really a weak surf or a wet fish... neither is hugely attractive but with the fish there’s a chance of dinner. We have heaps of limes so ceviche is on... if I get a fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:46pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah, they were basically clones, all in that nice size range, aside from the few I pulled out of big schools which were all 25cm models.

Paddled over that rise off Taylors to the right. Not much going on there. Way more action back over the foul areas.

Yep, I only need a couple of fish for the immediate family, rest goes out to the extended ones.

Did you got out Cam?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:34pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Out at little barrier today on mothership trip
Fishing was pretty constant but nothing real big for me - only one decent hit but couldn’t make it stick
Awesome environment to be out and about in tho - the amount of bird life and calls on the island was amazing
Not what I hoped for fish wise but a great day out with a well run and organised skipper
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:43am
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice feed Dale and DT. Good stuff scotty boy. I am so looking forward to the Mother ship trip in July with Cam man and Daz. last I heard there was one spot left, not sure if its taken now. anyone want me to ask?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 11:49am
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Bit challenging off the domain this morning. Started at about 20m but lots of work up action closer in. Lots of kahawai, but I got the 2 snaps I wanted by 9 and paddled in. A few surfable sets to negotiate. Now for ceviche.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 1:11pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Paddled out off Spot R first light yesterday with Cam. A solid shore dump running but enough time between to punch through. We both got wet 😂. Great way to start the day. As I was paddling through the line up I thought it would have been fun on a boogie board some nice waves. Fishing was a bit slow. Cam caught his 3 snaps early on and I caught my fish later in the morning. Hooked a solid shark on a live bait. Came in with 3 snaps 2 kahawai and a Dory. Rods down on the way in and avoided a smashing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 1:18pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice one Muse. Good to hear a trip report from you. Yeah I should take my surfboard down there on marginal days and have the option if it's too big for fishing. JD for lunch nice.

Ray I opted for the weak surf. Was no good at Hart St but found some waves at Grove Ave. Glad you got dinner.

Scotty nice trip I bet even with no biggies.

Allpom I saw you got a JD too on Facebook. Mothership trip is tempting but I better save my pennies....

Ordered a softbait rod from Marine deals. Got a pack of Mustad jigheads from Rebels today. They are my favorite jighead. Such sharp fine hooks.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:14pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah it was awesome even amongst all the boaties - skipper said most boats he’s seen out there in a long time
Went for a good paddle around change of tide and cleared the north end so had great barrier to the left, little barrier on the right and the top of the Coro straight ahead on a very clear day.
Only downside of day was I snapped top half my k labs rod so anyone got a top section or want a bottom section as broken 2 now so might go for something diff this time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 6:50pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What K-Labs rod did you break Scotty?

Those mustard jigheads a pretty good. The hook does tend to wobble in the lead after a bit of use, but it doesn't seem to affect hook up rates.

Didn't go back to AliExpress this time for a rod Andy?

Those Dory seem to be allergic to my SB's, even when I target them with livies I've lucked out.

No honey out in the hole today Mark?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 7:07pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

24 t composite spin dale

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 8:23pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

No Dale that one was pretty bendy.
Got an Okuma Ceymar 6-10KG coming and will grab another Xfactor sometime.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:03pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hardest day out for a while started off setting up in the rain . Then a low tide launch with two sets to deal with had two punch though two waves that breaking on the second set . Picked up three snaps early in the day then went dead for me. Still a great day out on the water good to catch up
Muse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:34pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bugger, I have 2 bottom half sections of the overhead 24t K-Labs rod. Too far gone to try to get Kev to fix it?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 7:05am
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah way too far busted

Oh well time for something new �£
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 12:40pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Okuma x factor 2 PC 7 ft 6-10kg $90 at marine deals / strong rod made from eglass .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 1:08pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Anyone got top half of an X factor as snapped top of one of them as well 🤔🤔 ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 5:39am
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

May be you should go back to using a handline
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 5:57am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Has anyone got a top half for a handline going?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 1:56pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Xfactor on trademe as new sold $38 had it on my watchlist but closed 10am Monday and I got sidetracked 😁
I got lots of bottom half rods 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:00pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Just went for a jog down to the ponyclub and its nice out there glassy and small surf. One person out off Harrisons. The long weekend looks doable sunday or monday with small surf and maybe some southwest wind. Saturday should be westerly and dropping surf from onshores friday.
Creek at Harrisons completely dried up on the beach.
Page  <1 911912913914915 1025>