BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 895896897898899 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 3:16pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice one 14ft good haul.

Dale yeah my camera work didnt do me any favours on that photo LOL
Are you heading out over the weekend ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 3:26pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Out with my son today and fished around rabbit
Got him started on the sliders and he was getting nibbles and getting used to it
I chucked out a softie and first cast got big hit and big run and thinking king but then got good nods so snapper it is
Psssed rod to my boy to give him a try but he struggled with it so I took it back and soon after 65 cm snaps popped up
Stoked with that especially for rabbit island
Will keep an eye out for tomorrow as think it will be okay first up before the rain comes if anyone else keen
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 3:54pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers Piwi, I was on the water about 6:30. Tried a few depths on the way out but found then in 18/21. Orange and yellow worked for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 5:30pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice one Scotty good times with the lad. Is that Rabbit Island like when we say Pilot Bay or was it actually Rabbit Island 😁

14ft I gave up on gulps yesterday as the tiddlers were ripping them up and changed to zmans.

Noponies if there is no surf this weekend I'm keen for another session.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 6:09pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

halfway between rabbit and leisure island piwi
First time ive actually caught anything there to be honest
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 6:36pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I still don't know if you are using code 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 7:08pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

No code
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 7:10pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Piwi nice going and you scotty as well what happened to downtown is still just targeting sharks 🤘
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 7:18pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Picked leisure as didn’t want to put the boy off too much in case we turtled
Didn’t work tho but he was all good when got dumped
The 2 plus one yak handles way different in surf compared to the reload 😀
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 7:56pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No sharks yesterday Cam, plenty of little snaps around and was thinking that id forgot how to fish but managed to fluke a bag full up to 52cmish good first trip of 2019. Well done on the 20lber just west of whakatane scotty good work on getting the young fulla out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 10:16pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks like it’s going offi in the BOP, I’ll be fishing Pilot Bay this weekend 🤫
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 10:36pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Could not possibly comment on weight of fish DT but length is spot on as now carry a tape measure in Pfd to avoid any fish length estimation errors from myself and reduce piss taking from you guys �£�£
My son really enjoyed it today and is keen to get back out again soon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 6:59pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Keen for Sunday.

Thought about tomorrow, but getting the yak ready in the rain and the swell put me off.

🤷‍♂️

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 8:19pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah surf popped back up. I went down at 4.30pm for a surf. Was a short period wave without alot of power but big enough to make a yak launch tricky.
Will keep an eye on Sunday too Dale.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 8:58pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I couldn’t bring myself to load up either. Might check for gentleman hour fish in the morning... after seeing rain and swell combination
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 9:24pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Cheap fishfinder at Burnsco LOWRANCE Hook2-4x
If anyone is looking.
$99
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 12:26pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Just had a call to rescue a kontiki snagged about 800m off Taylor's. Was a few sets coming in but was easy enough without all the fishing gear. Took my little Scrambler kayak which paddles and surfs quite nicely. Coming in was a bit dodgy with a heavy seahorse kontiki balanced between my legs but got in like a boss 👍
Had to rescue my neighbours a few years back when he snagged it at the Domain one evening round a big surflifesaving buoy. I went back the next morning and retrieved it in big surf.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 1:16pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice one piwi. Do you reckon tomorrow will be fishable? I’m going to load up and hope...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 1:41pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yes should be ok. Noponies is keen.
Domain 6.30am launch see you there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alan syme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 10:51pm
alan syme View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Popped out this afternoon in front of the cut, two of us totalled 10 keeper snapper in two hours with the pick being a 58cm fish, all on gulps. Plagued by big kahawai but consistent fishing. Next few months should be good....
Page  <1 895896897898899 1025>