BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 893894895896897 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:30am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Started out in the Te Puna channel which resulted in only small KY. Shifted a few more times out to the edge of the western channel, and got into some bigger fish right as the tide flow backed off. Fished in that general location to get the wind and current right to stay on top of my burley.

Had to work for it, but managed 4 moderately sized pannies. Heaps of throw backs, a couple of eels and a few little KY. Salted bonito worked best, way less action on squid. Snaps fight hard in the shallow water.

Anchor dragged in the current, so tied up to the markers.

Water was a balmy 27 degrees Shocked

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 9:44am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Awesome effort Dale it's not easy in there. I was shocked how shallow they go. I would fish right up on the flats in 1 foot next time I go out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 7:26pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had the fish for dinner and the wife asks if I did something different to it. Seems I'm now 'encouraged' to go fishing off the coast....

Yep, that's where they are feeding. If you are ever down by the estuaries, its amazing how close in their feeding holes are.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:52pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah my wife said today she wasn't so keen on those snaps either.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 9:01pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shallow warmer water snapper I find vastly inferior to coastal snapper. Part of the reason I don't bother with Narrowneck anymore when up the coast they are much better quality.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ScottieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 5:07pm
ScottieG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Noponies, managed to stumble across your youtube page yesterday. Awesome vids mate should post up more regularly (if you get a chance). 

On another note, finally got insurance claim for my gear lost of Rogers. Hopefully make my second trip soon once this swell dies down.

Is it worth going in the harbor somewhere? Just been cautious to give it a crack because of the current pumping through there, specially closer to the port. If I were to have a crack in there should I trade out my drogue and softies for anchor and bait?

Looking forward to the comp!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 5:17pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

There are plenty of snapper in the harbour right now Scottie. Yes bait burley and anchor is probably best and a window either side of high and low tide. I went in a tinny up past Omokoroa last week. We anchored in 1.5foot of water off the end of a channel on the sandbar and got 7 snaps. They don't taste as good as ocean snaps but ok.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BlindFishingNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 8:25am
BlindFishingNZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I see there's quite a few here doing the EBOP comp in May...are there many doing the Taranaki one in March?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 5:31pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Blind fishing I'm not doing the Taranaki one but there's usually a few that go down like Scotty and Allpom and Muse.

The big spike in wind and swell has gone from swellmap this weekend so hopefully we can get out off the coast.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 11:18am
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Im doing the naki comp.
Look like a page 900 comp coming up as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BlindFishingNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 7:41pm
Silver
Silver

Guys, if anyone knows Museyak personally, could you please ask him to check his PMs...I messaged him last week but he hasn't logged-in since, he was interested in checking out my double, and there are a couple other bits and pieces for him to check out also!

Piwikiwi I messaged you along these lines also, no need to reply!

Cheers,

Tony
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 7:42pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'll be keen for a low key 900 comp.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 8:58pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Sorry Blindfishing just read your PM.

Theres not been much activity on here since xmas partly due to all the swell. 

This weekend not looking great either !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 9:21pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No its not, looks like that swell will come up again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 9:03pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

https://form.jotform.co/90067657825870

Above is a link to the entry form for the EBOP Kayak comp on the 4th May
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 9:56pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sunrise 6.52am on the 4th of May, it’s going to be a quick smash and grab
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BlindFishingNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 7:43am
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by piwikiwi piwikiwi wrote:

Sorry Blindfishing just read your PM.

Theres not been much activity on here since xmas partly due to all the swell. 

This weekend not looking great either !

No worries mate, I flicked you another!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 5:18pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hello...hello does anyone still post on here 😁
Surf has finally dropped. Anyone looking at heading out one morning?
Water is warm as.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 5:36pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You boys can afford houses in Auckland now eh πŸ˜„
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 8:00pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

But the traffic up there...Confused

I'm thinking of going out Friday if the weather holds.
Page  <1 893894895896897 1025>