BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 868869870871872 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 6:56pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Everybody else enjoy your day at work LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 7:23pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'll be thinking about skunks all day
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 7:32pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Doing 3 days up coro hope there is no skunks up there ,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 8:57pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I’ll spare a minute to think of you guys out there when heading up north for the softbait comp
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 9:23pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Anyone here got a bixby ?
Was at Viking shop today and surprisingly was pretty interested in them. Like the use of the quick attach system to open up bigger trips from time to time
Keen to win the Viking early bird prize of a bixby now 😀
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 6:18am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Scotty good luck. No ive never considered a motor on a yak. It costs more than my yak and I kinda enjoy putting in the hard yards to get out there.

Cam is that the Rob Fort meetup ?

DT at least the weekend looks decent.

I joined a couple of the kayak facebook groups but I think im too old as never learnt gangsta talk 😀

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ScottieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 8:25am
ScottieG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys, is anyone looking to tee up a Sat or Sun morning fish? I have finally sorted my gear out but this will be my first voyage and would rather head out with someone who know's the ropes and can show me, particularly around launching and coming back in =S New to yak fishing but not to fishing itself however Im keen to give softbaiting a crack.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 8:57am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hey Scottieg welcome i saw your post on facebook. me and a couple of guys are going out friday but im sure others will be out in the weekend. The surf is tiny this weekend so wont be an issue. Keep an eye on here for planned trips. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ScottieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:10am
ScottieG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers bro appreciate that!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:42pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Piwi that comp is start of November are you coming up to it
Taking up a inflatable this trip
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 1:37pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I like the paddling aspect of yak fishing but keen to start exploring bit further and the bixby can help with that
Viking have a quick change kit to put it on and off as needed
Early bird prize for the Viking classic is a bixby so see if get lucky
If anyone looking to enter this comp in mid November the cut off for the early bird prize is this Sunday (30th ) september
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 4:35pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by scottyboy scottyboy wrote:

Anyone here got a bixby ?
Was at Viking shop today and surprisingly was pretty interested in them. Like the use of the quick attach system to open up bigger trips from time to time
Keen to win the Viking early bird prize of a bixby now 😀

I’ve seen the bixpys in action on the mothership trips👍
Awesome what you can do with them especially in 30 knot winds.
The ability to hold on top of fish in the deep or reverse to safety when playing fish in the wash makes them next level.
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 6:31am
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sorry piwi I couldn’t make it this morning. Done something to my back while I was hitching the trailer last night.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 11:32am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

That sucks Jordan hope it gets better soon.

Launched with Dale at 5.45am in mint conditions. Maybe too nice as there was no drift and fishing was slow but we both ended up with a couple for dinner. Got one nice one at 58cm.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 11:55am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great conditions, but as Andy said, little to no drift. Any dragged SB's were vertical. I ended up with 2 nice eaters, late 30's early 40's size I guess.

Aside from that, it was slow.

Heaps of sign, in fact great looking sign. Fish would follow the SB's but no takes. Tried a wide range of colours and types. Just one of those days.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 4:23pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Can't complain with that Andy. Fam sized feed.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 5:55pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Exactly Gdog and easy filleting 😀
Where are you these days ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ScottieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 7:22pm
ScottieG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

So the plan is to launch Sunday, my first voyage and I think I will be going out alone. I was planning on launching off the Mt/Papamoa somewhere and go somewhere relatively easy and comfortable for the first trip. I've been out on boats off rabbit island, was wondering what your guys thoughts were on this place.

Also on a side note, what is an ideal height of crashing swell for launching and heading back in. What should I be looking out for in terms of that and onshore/offshore wind. Looking at the swell map, do you think I would be good to head out Sunday or not so much will I likely turtle.

Sorry for the questions, just don't want to mess it up come Sunday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 8:47pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Scottie sunday looks as good as it gets .2m surf 5 knots wind.
Generally i wont go if surf is over 1m and wind 15 knots. Port of Tauranga Harbour conditions site gives live wind swell readings. Saves many a wasted trip when you check it before you get out of bed.
Im sure plenty of yaks will be out there off the main access points.
Harrisons Cut, Papamoa Domain 2nd entry point, Taylors reserve, or Karewa Parade.
Hopefully somebody on here can go with you. Im done for the week after todays session.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 11:30pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm still in India. The closest to fishing I am getting is fish curry. Where I live the surf is always huge and it dumps. No good for surfing even. Back NZ February will be fishing ASAP!!
Page  <1 868869870871872 1025>