BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 804805806807808 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 8:03pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Cobra nice you really bagged out. Good to see a Trev in there.

Scotty/carlos should be a beaut good luck.

Great to have fresh fish again. Took it down to the local fish and chip shop 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 8:18pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice results guys. Me and the old man going harrisons 6 ish tomorrow to join everyone else.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 8:36pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice feed there Piwi! I did the same as well. Funny seeing what actual fish fillets look like from the chipper, not the cut in half ones they sell.

Hopefully it turns on tomorrow. Conditions look even better!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 8:52am
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great stuff guys. Looking forward to the next few months. For those not use to soft baits and micro jigs. Nows the time to give them a go. As piwi said, easy fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carlaosbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 11:55am
Carlaosbo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Very good morning down Omani beach! It was firing this morning, most of the fish around 38-40 I reckon, kahawai was a plague, schools everywhere working on the surface! Got my limit in less then 2 hours, I’m stoked! Bit of surf too ,dumping straight on the shallow, 100% turtle free
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 11:56am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Too right Allpom great fishing to be had now.

Noponies snapper was $9 a piece so glad I took my own Big smile

Nice one Carlos similar size to mine 35-45cm perfect eaters. Surf always a bit bigger down that way.

Looked mint this morning when I was jogging up the beach.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 12:48pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Carlos pretty similar out from harrisons caught alot in the low 30s but manage 7 clones in the 37 to 42 range. Did pretty well avoiding the ky getting one plus 2 trevs. Back just after 9 awesome conditions after a couple of months off the water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 2:53pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You must live in an expensive part of town Piwi, $5 over here in Cherrywood. 

Nice fishing guys, hopefully the weather is good for a while.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carlaosbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 4:29pm
Carlaosbo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah it’s perfect eating size, heaps of then, I’ve never seen so many around , even the kahawais, I went back to the beach for a swim and there was a massive cloud of birds chasing them, like 30-50m from the breakers.
So long out of the water, that was a very nice come back! :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 4:52pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah pretty pricey Dale. I think Hoki/shark is over $5 a piece now at alot of fish and chip shops.

Gotta luv autumn fishing Carlos.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boykee2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 12:12pm
Boykee2018 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Mate
Did the do the filleting for you too?
Looks good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 12:44pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

No I fillet them myself Boykee.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 2:32pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi All
While the sea is on its head... I have been in touch with the Fish4all people - have a look at http://www.fish4all.co.nz/. It's a neat app that can keep your fishing diary for you. What's more, it contributes to management of our fisheries in collecting data from us recreational fishers. If we want to be involved in future fisheries management decisions, the decision makers need some data to work with - which is where we can all help.
There is also a good article on it here: https://www.bayfisher.co.nz/fish4all-app.html.
The app is free - noting that the purpose of it is to collect data so by using it you're agreeing to supply of your catch returns. Unless you're involved in dodgy fishing, keeping undersize fish or more than your limit, you probably have nothing to hide.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 3:44pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers Mark.

Installed that and logged last catch.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 5:24pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Sounds good I will have a look. I keep a diary on my PC for the last 10 years or so. Last february caught lots of pannies 35-45 cm in 10m off the Domain.......
Weekend looks poo damn it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 6:56pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sweet will look into it, i tend to use this as a fishing diary really and am pretty sceptical about how the information collected will be used and by who. Good time of the year to be fishing if the weather settles.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:50am
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Interesting to look back on the diary... the last gurnard I kept was in May last year. Where are they all? Has anyone caught any recently? In the past I caught them through the summer months.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 10:23am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

In 2006 I caught 39 Gurnard, last year I got 3, 2016 none, 2015 2....I might have been on bait in 2006
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 12:32pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've caught 1 in the past year. I used to get more on bait from the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 7:19pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

800 Comp

Right, I'm able to organise this now. Car sorted, kitchen renovated.

When - Next good weather window. This weekend is rubbish, long range, next looks like a pile of poo as well

Where - Talyors was good, as there is space to park, have the award etc. Open to other ideas though?

Entry - $10 (into prize pool for longest Snapper)

Open to - Kayak fishers

Format - Same as the 700 Comp, unless other ideas?

Categories

1st Prize - Longest Snap  - wins prize pool and trophy
2nd Prize - Next longest Snapper - ?
3rd Prize - Third longest Snapper -?
Turtle Award - Popular vote - Prize from table
Best bag award - Best mixed bag. By popular vote - Prize from table
Trev Award - Longest Trev - Prize from table
Carrot Award - Longest Carrot - Prize from table
JD Award - Longest JD - Prize from table
Kingi Award - Longest Kingi - Prize from table
KY Award - Longest KY - Prize from table
Birds nest Award - For the best/funniest equipment malfunction disclosed to all - Prize from table

Left over prizes randomly drawn from hat until they are all gone.

Table prizes are all donations. I'll chuck a tub of Gulp on there.

I'll draft all this up into a nicer format.

Any suggestions?

Page  <1 804805806807808 1025>