BOP Yakmen

Page  <12345 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 11:13am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

On babysitting duties today ( got 4 kids ) should have them off my hands in 30 yrs or so.
Regarding the trip obviously would like to go fishing on the monday as well as tuesday.
I am sorted for accomodation at my oldies in Waihi.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 11:18am
bush View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

sounds good phish - keep it local - navigator?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 12:38pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sweet as Piwi,  Navigator  I was thinking 4pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 1:07pm
Hermit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sounds like a cunning plan Phish, navigator it is!!!!!
Connoisseur of fine beers and ales!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 2:06pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

all welcome...Hermit don't forget your company credit card...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:34pm
Hermit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just finished the 4 o'clock meeting with Pppppppppppish!!!!!  (hick!)   We've got a doozy planned - Phiiiiiiish will fill you in!

Oh, by the way, as a no show bush - we left the bar tab in your name to fix up!ClapClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 2:39pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Charlie, ru coming over for your midweeker this week ? Blowing hardout sw here flattening the surf quickly.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Charlie F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 2:52pm
Charlie F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Are you thinking tomorrow am or pm Piwi? Got to work Wednesday, I'd be keen for tomorrow though.

Where are you thinking?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 4:13pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I have work tomorrow but  wednesday / thurs ok. Sorry thought you mite have wed off again. Will get it right  one day !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Charlie F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 4:51pm
Charlie F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

OK, might even go to Vegas tomorrow and chase freshwater kahawai at Tarawera.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kayaker Nath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 5:14pm
Kayaker Nath View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well........that surf was big! Dont know if you guys have seen the surf around the bay today but its pretty narley! So i thought id take my other Cobra kayak out for a surf. My guess is that some bigger of the waves were at around 2m. I finally got out the back and waited for the biggest mother wave you ever saw...and it came...! I caught it....then realised there was a damn surfer in the way (they always get in the way!) so i dug the paddle in and pulled myself off the back of the wave. The only problem with that was that the next wave, which was bigger, picked me up and pitched pole me straight down into the sand. For of a distance of around 250m off shore, there must have been a hell of alot of force because i was completely driven right underneath the water! Of course i wiped out totally, luckily i had a hold of the kayak so i climbed back on. When i got back up there (pretty damn quick i tell you!) i then saw that the front of my surfing kayak had been literally folded at a 90 degree angle from 3/4 of the front of the kayak and down! Man, thats terrific! I got back on dry land, took the bung off, the air must have done something cause it straightened back out again (with some persuasion!)

So ive learnt something today guys: Next time, just run the damn surfer over, idiot shouldnt have followed me out anyway!!!

Fishing wednesday if anyones keen...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 5:49pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

sounds like you need to borrow my predator heat gun. 207 valley rd.  You got small dogs mate, small dogs! Hermit can explain.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kayaker Nath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 9:26pm
Silver
Silver

two small dogs??!!

Geepers my brother...give me some credit! They made Jurassic Park 3 from what ive got down there!!

Mate, the ocean parts when it sees diplodocus coming out! hahaha...

catch up soon brother.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 8:56pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have no response Nath, no response to that.

Here what I got up to after work

Biggest went to 42cm.  Fowl Hooked caught his first gurnard. "what the hell is this" "a fish that talks"

I love newbs

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote potus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 7:06am
potus View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Also went out yesterday arvo....4 Kawhai all put back then onto the snapper...best 49cm on a "new penny" gulp crab jammed onto a nitro jighead.... Also a large trevally released after a great fight! Very easy surf conditions again, maybe out again this afternoon....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 12:39pm
bush View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

good stuff potus.  thinking about heading out in morning - where have you been going from?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:32pm
Hermit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well, been tied up in the corporate jungle all damm week, and I just thought I'd poke my head in and see who's crowing about what?????  Good to see you back Nath, 

Right, just checked out the weather for Sat morning - FLAT AZZZZZZ !!!!!!!  Who's coming?????  We should get a fish in before the northerly hits us!

Good to see your stilll playing your banjo there Phish!  And is there 6 toes I see there on that foot????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kayaker Nath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 9:09pm
Silver
Silver

Cheers Grant, yep im back mate with some serious force!
I went out tonight, it was pretty slack. Got 5 snapper at the 30cm mark....put them all back. 33cm is my limit so i only went home with two snapper but thats ok. Fed the flatmates. Lots of smaller snapper arouind im finding but still good to be on the water.

Roll on the winter i say!
Bugger, im working saturday. It seems im always bloody working!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 5:09pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nath are you still up this end of the bay,

I went out last night and got skunked mind you only went 500m and fished for 20mins but still a dissapointment. First time since the last time I fished the harbour I've been skunked. 

Going out tonight @ 6pm in front of  omanu surf club if anyone else is keen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 5:12pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

P.S I'll be there Hermit, so bring your pinkies again so the newbies can have a good laugh!
Page  <12345 1025>