BOP Yakmen

Page  123 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOP Yakmen
    Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 8:04pm
Hermit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well, suppose it's time to consoladate our dribble and banter onto one thread!  Hell, I know Phish and Piwi will contribute their two cents worth!  No disrepect to the Hardmen of the Naki or the Welly boys - it's just evolution I suppose.  Crikey, I'll even be prepared to change the title if we could coax the fairer sex out onto the briney!
Keep the contributions going guys, take the micky and lets get out there and enjoy our- selves, after all, thats what we're here for!! 
Connoisseur of fine beers and ales!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 8:36pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good idea Hermit. Thers one thing for sure theres a hell of a lot of kayak fishos up here all scattered up and down the coast everyweekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 8:56pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'll just tuck myself in here too, not much point doin a coro one, not many of us round my side.
Plus I did start the Bay Kayak Anglers so it might be rude not too
There are whispers too that the BKA are starting up again bigger and better. But I won't say to much incase it doesn't go ahead.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 9:13pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

TEST INE TWO...
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 9:19pm
Hermit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I believe Phish and I have already started to hatch a cunning plan regarding a wee bit of a club Bad,  just watch this space!

Oh, forgot - you just had to be the first one did'nt you Phish!Ouch
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 9:32pm
bush View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hi guys, i have been lurking out the back of the burley trail but hooked now and time join the party.  had my first foray last week off papamoa and thinking of heading out on wednesday am.  if calm enough - i have a habit of crapping out. 
while i am at it the pins on my ff cables seem to have coroded and no power to ff - is this common and i guess i need a new cable - who services the humminbird ff in tnga/mnt?

bush
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 9:41pm
Hermit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Welcome aboard bush, don't know anyone who has'nt done their fair training session of "the turtle".  Hey, enjoy it, after all - it is a water sport!!!!!!!! Re the sounder prob's, probably best to head down to "the crossroads" at Sulphur point to Marine electronics.  I'm sure they could help you out.   I keep a bit of vasaline on the contacts to stop corrosion, it seems to work and it has'nt effected the unit in over three years of use.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 9:43pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just a heads up re starting clubs, get good help and hold people to their offers! Clubs can become big and time consuming very quickly and you soon find that offers to help can often go no further than offers... Hopefully this doesn't happen to you though, and I wish you all the best with it.

As for reporting of fishing goes...... I'll go #2
I know its not technically the BOP on land but the weather forecast for BOP goes from Slipper Is. so I figure theres my BOP affiliation

Just couldn't stay on land this arvo after talking about smoked fish on here so I went for a quick blat up the harbour here in whanga.
Threw around some little SPs for a change, all sorts from glup minnows to some funny looking little cuttel fish type things. They all got hiffed under the boats moored in the upper harbour and what do you think I caught... snapper!
Well it could be worse I thought and it was at good eater at 35cm.
Next couple casts weren't doin much for me so I pulled the drift chute in and thought I'd troll to my next spot a few more metres up the harbour. Just as I made the turn the rod bumped and I gave it a quick grab and strike.
IN.
The rod didn't thump though and the line went sideways..... this is a good sign I though. Maybe a KY or hopefully a Trev....
Minute or so later the snapper run was over, I finally boated a different speicies and my target species too.
Nice trev of about 32cm in the back.
Very next cast another snapper, back it goes.
For the next 40 odd mins I had some fun trying to pin point my cast as close to the pole moorings as I could. For my efforts I picked up 4 trevs and 3 snaps (kept 3 trev and two snaps). Not bad for a spot I could wade to at any point of the lower half of the tide. Fishing wasn't firing but was constant and thats all I could ask for in a new spot, very exciting for me anyway.

So now there is three Trevs in the brine ready for the smoker tomorrow arvo and happy neighbors eatin snapper for tea, choice.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 11:36pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Bush

Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about the FF, but if it's a humming bird, they don't take too kiindly to the dunkins. Also you need to disconnect the power when not in use or you end up with corroision up the wires. Once fixed, put some vasiline on the plugs

Cheers

NM

The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 7:32am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good work Badfish, as you said fish your feet first. Gday Bush, yeah I always disconnect my FF after each trip wipe it gently with some fresh water and put it in the airing cupboard till my next outing. No sign of any corrosion. Also check the other end at the Kayak and as NM says put some protectant on the pins or socket.
I think Hermit and Charlie might be planning a wed am trip. Unfortunately I have work but may try for thursday or friday morning out to the reef of Harrisons cut for some JDs. Anyone else available.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 7:33am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

PS: It doesnt get light till 6.30am now so relax, sleep in, theres a **** load of fish out there still biting well after sunup.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Charlie F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 9:50am
Charlie F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Bout time a coherent? thread got started, good stuff. I'm a bit the same as Badfish, doesn't seem to be much yak action over here in the Waikato so will tag along with you guys.

Yakpersons doesn't quite sound the same does it Hermit.

Bush I intend to be at the Karewa car park, just past Short St, around 6 am tomorrow if you are interested, SPs and drift chutes and maybe a bit of bait on a drift rig. You could give me a ring on 0272688800 to confirm or leave a message here.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 12:48pm
bush View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

charlie, i only have a trolley and nearest launch pad is taylor reserve boat ramp for me so will go from there - i can paddle your way though. i  have a yellow prowler.  hope swell is less than this morning.  6.00 am does sound early but could make it. hope to buy a sea anchor today. got a new cable for ff so should have that running as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Charlie F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 5:01pm
Charlie F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Bush is Taylor reserve boatramp quite close to Karewa Parade if so I could meet you there at 6:30, how big is the swell?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 5:05pm
bush View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

ABOUT 1 KM CHARLIE.  Just before the houses start next to beach reserve as you head south from parton rd.  will check swell tonight but very calm in mnt at moment so should be good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Charlie F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 6:37pm
Charlie F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just checked the surf cam Bush, looks pretty good as does the Marine forecast, meet you at 6:30 Taylors Reserve? Gotta phone number in case I get delayed in the morning for whatever reason. I've got a green and silver nissan wagon and a yellow prowler.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 7:38pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hada achat to my dad as he was down over the weekend and he is keen to get out with you guys. forgot to give him your number PP so will email it up and no doubt in the coming weeks he will call to come out.

thanks again guys and go the bay club
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 8:31pm
Hermit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well, bugga!  Had god down from head office today and we did'nt finish our business so were at it again tomorrow morning!!!  Be politically incorrect to come in smelling like an old gurnard, so I'll have to take a rain check on tomorrow!!!
As for the caution on the club idea Badfish, I know what you mean.  I've been involved in clubs all my life, both presidents and executive positions and I know a club is only as good as those who pull the weight!!  I run by the theory - crawl, walk, run!  Fish and my idea is to just get guys together at this stage,  go fishing and get to know each other.  Time is a evolution and things wil unfold as we go on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Charlie F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 9:25pm
Charlie F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Will catch you some other time Hermit, gotta keep god happy.LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 9:39pm
bush View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

all set to go charlie 6.30 at ramp, well its just a sand track actually.  got the ff going, sea anchor, plethora of sp's and some 1/2 oz jig heads which i needed last time.  surf was ok tonight, watched a good keen man go out about 7.30.  have a yellow prowler also so you shouldnt miss me.
Page  123 1025>