BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 10181019102010211022 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 8:37pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Santa delivered!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 9:33am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good session with DT, Allpom, Scottyboy, and Newbie and a few others.
Got 5 nice pannies to 47cm and in by 7.30am.

Mine and allpoms bin.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 9:44am
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good to see a lot of the guys out there today🤙
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 10:36am
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Kept 6 more this morning, was tempted to try for one more but just not needed. Feeding 10 tonight on fresh fish, going to be good! Was a bit worried that 2 might have been a bit small so measured them on the beach - both 36cm, my size gauge not really calibrated but at least it puts me on the right side…
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 11:59am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Solid haul Raymond. The fishing is good right now. I have black vivid marks on the side of my yak at 30 and 75cm as well as a measure sticker on my paddle shaft.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 4:53pm
doublenda View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Had a slow morning fishing on 24th,better this morning for some good eaters plus 45cm ish snapper released and one taxed by Bronze whaler which released its self after providing couple good slay rides,good morning all in all.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 6:48pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Very nice Doublenda good eating size.
Looked like great conditions today. Surf picking up a bit later tomorrow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 12:47pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fishing guys.

All the vivid marks on my paddle just rub off. I generally think that if think I have to measure it, I throw it back, fish we usually catch are way over the 30cm limit. The old 27cm size seems so tiny.

Pity about this swell, am amping to get out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 6:42am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah it's not looking good for the comp on the 7th with easterlies all week. I bumped into a couple of guys at the Domain who tried but didn't make it out on one of those 2-3m days.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 6:42pm
doublenda View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Got out this morning,fish were on the bite,so back early.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 8:58am
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I don’t reckon it’s looking good for the comp, even in the harbour! No surfing, no fishing. Guess I should have taken up windsurfing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 5:07pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

The comp is postponed till the following weekend Ray. Hopefully it settles next week

Nice catch once again Doublenda. You might have to be more creative with your photography 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 4:51pm
doublenda View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fair comment Piwi,just take easy way,forgot to mention was 2km per hour drift that morning and no boats or kayaks around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 5:28pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

That's a tough drift speed.
No chance of coastal fishing in the near future with this storm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 1:45pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Fished in the King of the Yaks comp today which is a free papamoa event.

Arrived at 5am to a rainy breezy southwest wind and a dumpy shore break.

We waited a while to launch but there wasn't many gaps. Others had made it out fine so I made my decision to go but got rejected with a backwards turtle and lost my gulp pot and head torch.

2nd attempt after Ash got out fine and I made it. Newbie radioed that he got smashed and snapped all 3 rods.
He came back out and borrowed one of mine and caught the comp winning snapper of 65cm. Some good reward there to make up for the carnage.
Conditions glassed out and fishing fired up.

We all got limit bags and had a big paddle back.

Another semi turtle for Newbie to

give him the double for the day 😁

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 4:48pm
doublenda View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good catch Piwi.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 5:21pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My nephew from the uk fished with me in this mornings comp. He’s never kayak fished before. Came second with a good Trev and limited of good eating snaps. Got bigger snaps than me so he wins the $5 bet.
Awesome stuff Luke, Richard and Scott for 1,2 and 3 snapper.
Thanks Glen and crew for putting on the competition . See you next year
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 11:04am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice result after a bad start there Luke.

I was in Whangamata all last week, no chance of a fish, way too much swell.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 8:07pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Heading off Karewa tomorrow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 2:09pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good session today with my Nephew and Richard. Started in 10m and didn't need to shift. Plenty of snapper, trevally, and kahawai.
Home early.
Page  <1 10181019102010211022 1025>