BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 10131014101510161017 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 8:10pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Tried my luck of paps this morning. Fair bit of swell around, getting out wasn't too bad, getting in a bit more hairy.

On the water around 10am, fishing was steady for a good hour, slacked off then I picked up two more on my last drift in. Ended up with 7, all good size for that locale.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Swainsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 9:38pm
Swainsnow View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice report and that photo of angry little surf keeps my decision to only try the beach when conditions are good valid. I’m really a bit jealous but still a bit chicken also.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 10:01pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Excellent haul Noponies and nice job braving the surf.
I'm loaded up for tomorrow but there's no sign of the waves dropping.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 2:14pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Woke up this morning at 5.30am and checked port of tauranga harbour conditions. Showing 1.7m hmm still pretty big. Then it showed 2.1m so I went back to bed. Then I saw 1.4m so inspired by Noponies I thought I'd check it out.
It didn't look great but doable. No one else out but I convinced myself to go.
Took a wave on the way out which knocked off my ff but i have it leashed. I should have stowed it. Took a while to get it to fire up but eventually it did and I headed to the mark.
Conditions were mint out there, glassy calm.
Lots of sign on the mark and 2 quick pannies and lost a good trev with a snapped leader. Soon after another good trev came up. A few cod throw backs but couldn't quite get back on the snapper. Came in early as I had a feed and wanted to get the surf re entry out the way 😄
Not many gaps in the waves but I surfed a smaller one in and just made it. Jumped out but my kayak got sucked back into the shore break and luckily surfed in upright by itself.

Hard earned feed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 6:42pm
doublenda View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fortune favours the brave,Well done Noponies and Piwi.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 9:43pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work Piwi…
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 10:09pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Andy. It was the shore break that got me, I got in ok after taking a long time to pick a gap in the sets, and got out of my yak sweet as only to get smashed with the next wave. A least I didn't totally flip it. On the way out I jumped in and got tangled in my running rig, got smashed then to Confused Sand everywhere!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 5:43am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I wish I was there to video you Dale 😁
The beach was really steep which made it really surge back.
Next time I'm going to wait for a flat day 😉
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 9:46pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Here you go, filmed it for you!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 5:18am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Haha excellent !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 7:26am
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice Ponies, a quick rinse in the way in!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 9:02pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice catch Dale and a solid Trev piwi. I will head out with you next time Andrew
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 10:08am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good to hear Allpom

I launched this morning at 6.30am with Richard and Scotty. Surf at .5 to .7m better than 1.5 to 1.7m like last week 😄
Surface conditions looked good but 2kms out there was a cold pesky south easterly.
I got onto some sign and bagged out in about an hour.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 2:46pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Log this comp in

Hi All,

We have a date confirmed for this year's King of the Yaks competition, it will be on Saturday 10 December 2022. Run from the same location at the Motiti Reserve as last year and likely without Covid restrictions. On behalf of myself and Team Q we are very excited to get the kayak fishing community together again.

I will send everyone who is interested an email with the full details of the competition once I've put all that information together in the next week or two. Please may I ask anyone who may be interested to send me an email or a text and I will provide more information about the competition.

Thank you to everyone who helped with sponsorship last year, each one of you contributed to everyone having a great day!

We will be putting the marketing and advertising together in the next few weeks so if anyone is or knows someone that would be kind enough to help with sponsorship, we would really appreciate it. We will add those sponsors to our marketing and advertising and will again be happy to put up banners and flags for any companies wanting exposure on the day.

If anyone has any mates wanting to participate please pass any emails or information onto them.

I hope to hear from all of you soon.

Cheers

Glen Ashton     
Glen Ashton
Licensed Salesperson - Team Q | Ray White Papamoa     Ray White
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 3:44pm
doublenda View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Another good catch Piwi,got out of the Mount on Thursday,wave height upto a metre,put 4 snapper in the back to 52 cm,well pleased so stopped fishing at 7am and headed in,good conditions,breeze did drop.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 7:42pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good fillets Doublenda. Do you launch by leisure island?
Usually a calm patch in the rip by the rocks isnt there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doublenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 11:33am
doublenda View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yes Piwi, in close to Leisure Is.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 5:12pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

What type of yak are you in Doublenda?
I'm in a pf400. Viking sold recently and I know they have a new mold for a pf400 with more nose lift like a Reload.
I might have to grab one of those 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 9:00am
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

This Sunday there is an Eastern Bay of Plenty Fishing Kayak Club meet at Rogers Road. Meeting up around 6.30 for a 7am launch. Club members have a few small prizes, but everyone can join in on the $5 heavies snapper under 60cm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 2:17pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Thanks Allpom I'm definitely coming
Page  <1 10131014101510161017 1025>