BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 994995996997998 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 1:47pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good work guys.
I headed out at 6.30am to nice conditions and the odd wave but made it out clean 😃
It was the ebop club day and Mark and Darren had just got out there too.
New area so wasn't sure where to go but we started fishing about 1km out and slowly drifted deeper.
Was picking up just legal snapper but managed a couple around 40cm and couple of 35s. Also a trevally.
Allpom got a beaut snapper around 75cm I think and Darren caught 2 nice ones within a 5 minute period both near 60cm and just over.
Quite a few club members out there but I bailed early around 9.30am as had a good feed on board and the sun was getting hot.

Got back in clean although had to double back over a dumper. Heard there may have been a few turtles 🐢
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 2:52pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Out with the Eastern Bay of Plenty Kayak Fishing Club at matata straights. I had a good morning fishing. Thought I had a shark and was contemplating how to get my new ‘catch double trouble’ back. Was pleasantly surprised to see red and it turned out to be a nice snapper. A good turn out of members. Everyone went home with a feed.
There was a few 🐢’s, but no lost or broken gear. Good times.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 3:54pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great fish Allpom
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 6:36pm
Ruff as Guts View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Awesome fish Allpom.
I took a noobe to spot P this morning. Really hard fishing but came home with two pannies and a 40cm JD.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 12:33pm
Silver
Silver

And now we enter the westerly streamflow! Looks like it won’t be below 10 knots for a while now. Might as well do some work. Probably should re-tie leaders too...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 3:24pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:24am
Silver
Silver

Been fishing whiritoa over the last week or so, and have always got a feed. Seems to be plenty around. That comp sounds good, cheers for circulating!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 2:00pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You getting them on the sand Mark or around structure?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 3:55pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Taylor's tomorrow early. Haven't been out for awhile... anyone else keen prob launch just after 5.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 5:03pm
Silver
Silver

Me too, but probably an hour later.

Dale it was a mix for me between in close amongst the structure and out wide over the sand. Deeper definitely better in full daylight...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 12:22pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Got out early. lots of sign and didn't take long to get a few on board. Threw a few skinnier models back and kept 5. Nothing special. 2x rats. Took on the taxman for a while and managed to get a fair amount of line back before he came to surface 30 odd yards away and I pulled until the line broke. Saw 3 other blokes out. Didn't meet up with RLY. Was that you mount side of me???? 20-25mtr
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 5:24pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice one gdog I should have joined you.
Got a back issue lower neck/upper back which is literally a pain.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 6:37pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That’s what happens when you carry the BOP yak forum on your back 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 7:04pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Too right Muppet its a big burden 😄
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 5:51am
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

sore backs suck Thumbs Downhope you get well soon

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 5:54am
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 10:45am
Kingaling View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Raymond Luxury Yacht Raymond Luxury Yacht wrote:

Been fishing whiritoa over the last week or so, and have always got a feed. Seems to be plenty around. That comp sounds good, cheers for circulating!

How do you get on Launching at Whiritoa? Northern end of the beach? 

I tried launching there once but the tide/swell wasn't playing ball and I went round to Whangamata instead. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 8:14pm
Moken View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Exceptional hunting & collecting on the Tauranga Harbour early this morning. Caught snapper limit and home by 8am.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 1:11pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Moken. Looks like some good sized fish there.

On the stink bait? No sign of the resident white?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 6:06pm
Silver
Silver

Hi, Whiritoa is pretty much only okay for kayak launch when it’s very, very flat. I strip all clutter off kayak and expect to get wet. I take seat off so I can kind of run and jump on easily without getting tangled up.
Page  <1 994995996997998 1025>