BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 992993994995996 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 1:29pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Slow fishing, but came home with a feed. Fish 🐟 of the day to ruff. πŸ‘
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 3:08pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great to catch up with all the lads today , found it to be pretty hard going , but managed to pick up one snap and two dory one at 16m and one at the car park thanks ruff Thumbs Up 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 4:52pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Ruffs giving away Dory ! Damn you gonna eat well tonight Cam. Good to see you back out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 6:19pm
Ruff as Guts View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah it was abit chilly this morning, wished I had my vest on! Great fight first thing in about 10mtr of water with the 62cm snap, thought the day was going to be full on but pretty much died off after 7. Good to catch up with the boys, sorry I didn't recognize you cam as we launched but it has been ages!! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote beernayarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 8:10pm
beernayarn View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Team! I'm heading up to stay in Coromandel Town (Top 10) During the next week and looking for recommendations on where to launch the yak from and where to head to?
Depths to fish etc

Cheers in advance
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:51am
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Looking to head out tomorrow. Not sure on where yet tho.

How far you want to drive for launch spot B&Y? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 2:30pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good luck Scotty. I'm looking at Wednesday at papamoa for redemption.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote beernayarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 9:27am
Silver
Silver

Not too far Scotty unless it is really worth the trip??
Going to try Oamaru Bay in the morning once wind drops. Next 3 days look mint
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 5:21pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Oamaru bay will be easy launching and out to the mussel farms that are there but be pretty busy id say.
Could also go to Papa Aroha and launch from camp grounds and go out to the group of islands out there but again be pretty busy.
Heaps of coastline further up like the red sheds or granite wharf that not be as busy but about 60 mins drive from Coro Town- some good fish up and down that coastline out to the 20 metre mark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 10:09am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Launched with Cam and Noponies just after 5am. 1st hour was really good and I had 6 pannies and a trevally in the bin by 6.30am.
Went a bit quiet after that.

Camman

Noponies
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 10:31am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice conditions, bit of a funny drift.

Ended up with 3 nice pannies plucked out of the schools we could find.

Found a few schools of Kings on the way in, but they were not in eating mode.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 11:51am
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice catch. I’ll be heading back to Te puke tomorrow. Anyone keen for a spot of fishing around spot R or marketing on Friday if the weather is good? Could do Taylor’s or Harrison’s.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 4:08pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hey Schecter. I've been twice this week already so probably won't go but hopefully somebody hooks up with you.

Had a big shark take one snapper from me just below the kayak today. Luckily busted off soon after.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 9:51pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

All good Piwi.  Would've been good to see you.  I've been very quiet on the fishing front this year.  I have to go whenever I get the chance nowadays.  

I should've mentioned the multiple boil ups around Motiti and Maketu back on the 12th-14th this month.  The diving was awesome too.  Lots of mussels and kina.  

I hope to get a feed on Friday.  I'm not too keen on hooking into sharks.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 5:27am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah I'm not keen on sharks either. Thats the first time in 15 years yakfishing I've seen a shark take my fish. I should have shoved the gopro under water for some footage. I don't think it was a bronzie as it was a lighter blue. Maybe Mako or Blue shark.
Was as long as my yak.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 4:26pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Damn! That’s one big shark. I heard a big bronzie had been recently spotted in Pukehina.

Spot R was very calm this arvo. Not a swell or white cap in sight.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 6:36pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Happy New Years Guys Beer
See you out there next year 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote beernayarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 7:07pm
Silver
Silver

Thanks Scotty
Went out off Oamaru bay and out to the mussel farms with little success. 1 Gurnard and 1 Snapper with lots of small snaps. Most I spoke to had similar results so wasn't too upset. Might try else where on sat morning
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 8:36am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Happy new year guys.
Schecter looks nice out there how did you go ?

I took out my old Scrambler 3.5m yak for a play in the surf yesterday. Did a couple of deep water re entries and surfed the massive 0.4m waves 😁
Tried my best to turtle but couldn't do it. Always easier to tip out with all the fishing gear on board lol.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 5:24pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by piwikiwi piwikiwi wrote:

Always easier to tip out with all the fishing gear on board lol.
true that, cost me 160 to service 4 reels after that, also lost my Rob Fort anchor, so another hundy on top of that = not huppy
Page  <1 992993994995996 1025>