BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 990991992993994 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 4:23pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Looking at Sunday with my nephew probably off paps as he's coming from Pahoia.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 12:02pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Piwi are you going to catch all the big ones? If so I might try tomorrow, hoping to be left a few pannies. I might see you out there!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 1:41pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

No just one big one 😄
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 8:47pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

tagging along with Piwi too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 10:04am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Fun little session with Noponies and my nephew this morning. We all got a good feed of pannies and we all were plagued by baracoutta. Lost a couple of traces to their toothy bite as well as landing a few.
Back on the beach early @8.30am
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 11:43am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ended up being a good session out with Piwi and his nephew.

Started with a couta and a throw back snap, then nothing for a while. A new drift line resulted in three nice ones on board. Slowish after that, with only the 1. Changed locations a touch and two more out of a big school.

Lots of couta, horrid things.

Best went 47, worst 38. Good sized clones. Pink crazy legs and nuc chicken grub were the best. Nothing on the microjigs. Snapper full of squid.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 11:44am
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good stuff, glad you managed a feed with the weather not helping at all! What kind of depth did you find em? Cheers
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 11:46am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Around 25m
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 3:18pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

My fish skinny and spent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 4:59pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My ones were all good, hadn't spawned yet.

The biggest looked like it had escaped from a net, was healing up two big cuts either side of its face / gills area.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 11:00am
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

That’s “out of the net and into the frying pan” Dale. Poor thing’s number was definitely up!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 5:48pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Looks good for the weekend. I'm thinking east. Anyone else keen ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:58pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Saturday?

I'm keen for Sat.

Sunday looks breezy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 11:28am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Met Noponies at 5am and we headed out onto a calm sea with no surf. Fishing was slow but Noponies picked up a nice Dory early and I got a 41cm snapper.
Pretty slow after that but I pulled in a 41cm Pigfish which Ive kept as heard they are great eating.
We went deeper and I found a small baitball holding good fish underneath. Hooked up on a solid fish only to drop it near the yak. Hooked another solid fish soon after and landed a nice 56cm snapper.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 1:21pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Who's that dork you met on the beach with the dory?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 1:27pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I'm not sure but he was wearing ladies tights 😆
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 1:32pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Pretty slow out there this morning.

Started with a nice Dory then a long run of scarlet wrasse, one after the other. Managed a pannie later on to round it out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 2:15pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice. Slow for me off town point also. 1 snap, 1 cod and a rat. Also dropped a couple of better fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 2:46pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Allpom you should have come visited us or tried a radio call.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 6:48pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks like a great week coming up. Planning on a tuesday and weekend fish.
Page  <1 990991992993994 1025>