BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 979980981982983 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:30pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Having fished with ruff abit I tend to think it was a small cod and ****house knot Haha. Mean fish muse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:31pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Went out this morning

Beaut conditions but pretty slow fishing with only couple undersize snaps first two hours.

Hooked something decent but spat the hook after 5 mins or so

Last cast managed to get a decent trevally for a free at least

Mean fish muse- you go travelling again 👍👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 7:42pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Solid Trev Scotty !

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 8:59pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Trev bro..... love them as sashimi

Where do you get the measure board that has the solid fixed end... so when a fish is placed at that end, is an accurate length measured
Have only seen a flat measure thingy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:55pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

https://www.fishingcomp.co.nz/register-here/

You can get those at the above site Banana Boat.
This will also enable you to enter their monthly competition.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Waylander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:43am
Waylander View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

After a hard and disheartening club day last week I was set to redeem myself with the wife, we were of down to Waihau Bay for and extra long weekend and this morning the weather was great, so I couldn't resist sneaking out at 6:30 for a quick be breakfast fish, and what a short sharp session it was. Fishing between 4-8m the trusty nuke chicken did the damage with a lovely 55cm snapper pulled out of the rocks, followed very quickly with a small KY with breakfast sorted in all of 20min I started the short paddle back in only to be stopped by a wopper of a KY again in 6m of water.

Shallow water fishing truly adds another dimension of adrenaline trying to keep big fish out of the weeds.

Back on land and walked back to the batch just as our son was waking up. Wife happy, me happy, great start to a holiday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waylander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:45am
Waylander View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:46am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice work Waylander, great fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:53am
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great fish Muse and scotty
Glad you had a good one waylander. Good to meet you at the club day
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Waylander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 2:38pm
Waylander View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went out again in the at 1pm while the young lad had a nap. Had a 1hr window and was not disappointed, tried to release this one and came in at 12.5lbs. took me into my backing and had to thumb the spool to stop it. Great fight again in 15m of water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 5:45pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I hooked a 1m long kingy in Waihau bay shallows when I was targeting snapper and kahawai with a $2 flasher rig and a Penn 320gti. I actually landed it on the boat after blowing the reel to bits in the toughest fight I've ever had with a fish. I had to hand line the last few metres in with the reel in pieces!
They are the ones you remember!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waylander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 6:42pm
Waylander View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Coastbusters it's a pretty awesome part of the country, that is for sure, you never quite not what will jump on here
And thanks Allpom, looking forward to the next club day I can get to!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 2:27pm
Ruff as Guts View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Very nice couple of fish Waylander! Great looking spot
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 5:25pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Sunday looking good at this stage. Anybody keen to get out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 7:46pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yes Piwi, I am in for sure on Sunday if conditions hold! Who else? Ch69? Let’s share war stories if we’re in different places.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:50pm
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yep count me in boysies
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 3:18pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Jordan I'm guessing you will be east and Ray will be at the Domain.
I will probably head out to where I got those Dorys last time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 5:16pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Omokoroa? All my gears packed away so will go for a trout walk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:57pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Piwi I have a new spot off karewa, domain spot dried up. Think I’ll be there, it’s got JD’s too!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 10:48am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice off Papamoa this morning no surf or wind.
Fished with Allpom. Picked up 5 pannies but it was slow.

Allpom new Reload

Page  <1 979980981982983 1025>