BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 958959960961962 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 8:37pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just don't go magseal
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 9:33pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

X2 Stradic CI4. 3000, 2500. Agree getting good braid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:41am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I'm using the Sustain 3000 that I won and a stradic 2500 at the moment. They both feel good but it's not until they have had alot of use and abuse that you can form a decent opinion. I try to service mine so the magseal would be hard but hopefully dont need servicing so much.
The 7ft 10 rod paired with the sustain makes my 7ft rods seem like old wooden poles.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 12:14pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

2nd hand brand new Stradic in buy n sell section
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:17pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Just don't go magseal

I was wondering what your current thoughts were re Daiwa, mate. I've seen glowing reports about the 2019 Certate LT, but there's the magseal servicing hassle, and the price is more than double the Clash, Stradic FL etc. 
A new Twin Power coming out this year, too. Lots of people raved about the previous model.
That next step up in price range has always seemed a bit out of reach for my tackle budget.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:36pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Give it two years when the mag seal is not working and it needs doing. Then we will see when Daiwa has to do some service work as I know they have issues retaining service staff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:01pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Slater, my fav reel is my Stradic FK 2500. It’s running 10 roller bearings and carbontex drag washers and spooled with 12lb tasline elite. If I was to buy today would go the FL model, only bigger sizes got the carbon factory washers but I’d just upgrade those. It’s a way better reel than my FK! I’d take that all day over the now older fancy plastic CI4 model too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 6:24pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I dunno about those FL models have a wind very wobbly compared to FK. I even showed Greg at Gofish who showed the Shimano rep who admitted it was there. And $100 more too.

FK is superb at its price point a change of drags is needed but still hated the drag range.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 6:35pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by **SLATER** **SLATER** wrote:

Downtown what size Stradic’s do you run? Both the 3000 and 4000 seem well specd for the price.

Currently running 2 x ci4s 4000 have used the smaller sizes but prefer the 4000s. Using a 2500 certate as my pannie reel. Will potentially go twin power next
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 8:54am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I tried for months to try get my Daiwa luna a new part, the Daiwa guys are completely hopeless. Still not got the part, just using the reel with a broken magnetic drag. Typical local agent who could do with learning a lot about customer service.

I have a Penn 2500 Spinfisher which is well sealed with an supposed IPX rating, nice and smooth. An earlier Penn Conflict 2500 was a piece of junk, needing to be stripped every few fishes no matter what.

Anyone going to try for a fish this weekend. Sat might have a window swell wise.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 10:16am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Im keen if conditions allow Dale. I just went for a surf and was some head high sets.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 10:19am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Living the dream there Andy!

Yeah, its iffy if the swell will actually ease enough.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 7:26pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I’m either surfing or fishing on Saturday, and will let Mother Nature decide for me. She may even tell me to sleep in, so I guess there are 3 options!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 5:28pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Surf still at 2m so surfing for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 7:49pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yip Piwi, I got the same message. Harbour has been fishing well
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote quibbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 6:56pm
quibbi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went out this morning with a mate and we both got our limit off pap. All 40+cm snapper . Good day but some nice side swell which made me 🤮😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Newbie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 7:50pm
Newbie11 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Conditions have not really allowed for venturing through the surf lately and my harbour fishing has been red hot. Change of light resulting in bins full within the hour and fish up to 50cm ish. Mr taxman has paid a visit and caused some trouble for me, with being in touching distance whilst going for my snaps. Will head out in the morning possibly to try my luck up the harbour again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote quibbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 4:42pm
quibbi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Newbie that sounds like good fun. Might have to think about that with the swell like it is.
where u recommend to launch from and head to for a fish in the harbour ? Are u using bait or softbait?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Newbie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 5:58pm
Newbie11 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I do not like using bait, but for the harbour I need to for best results. Half a pilchard of half a squid does the trick. I am launching from omokoroa most of the time, but am heading out in a boat tonight off fergusson park to try. More than welcome to come one night when I go out, I will post when I do and you can tag along. I hang a burely off the side and let it slowly cruise out, however I am beginning to think I don't need it as I have fish before the burley even kicks in.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote quibbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 8:33pm
quibbi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks mate awesome advice. And thanks for the invite will send u a pm when I’m back from a trip. I find where I’m out in 20m a burley on top I find pointless but thinking to drop it down more for better result.?
Page  <1 958959960961962 1025>