BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 952953954955956 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CB Kayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 10:46am
CB Kayaker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I am going to Firth of Thames with a couple of mates. Otherwise would have come over. Have a good one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 4:10pm
Moken View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Piwi, I may just head to spot R Saturday morning also as haven’t fished the surf side for awhile now & it would be great to catch up.  Also looks like a good window & I have my yak loaded. Was contemplating Papamoa but I see all roads are closed there because of the PoT half-marathon.  I’ve been fishing in the harbour lately because of the large surf & strong winds we have been experiencing.  Stray-lining in shallow water with some good success. Hunter’s Creek is a major paddle for an old fart but worth it for the exercise and a feed. May end up buying a Bixby so I can fish most conditions; harbourside & surfside.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 5:26pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Cb good luck.
Moken see you there tomorrow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 3:05pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Fished with Slater this morning. Small surf and light easterly. Drift was fastish so we covered alot of ground. Steady stream of fish coming aboard but mostly undersized. Managed 4 for dinner but nothing over 40cm. Slater got a nice terakihi too.
Had a chat with Fishkiller and fat cat on the water and spoke to Allpom and Daz who had similar results.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CB Kayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 8:28pm
CB Kayaker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice one Piwikiwi. It was good to see light breeze and calm seas today. I managed a limit on 32s (Wink) and a couple mid 40's. Small hammerhead thrown back and a rat busted off my sabiki after taking the mackerel it had caught. No time to transfer it to the livey rod.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waylander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 7:13am
Waylander View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Had a Good morning out yesterday from Kohi Point, finished the day with 6 good snapper between 37-45cm all fat and surprisingly not spent of row yet.
One big KY that got hounded by a big kingi all the way up to the yak, at first thought I was being taxed. Once the kingi saw me tho he didn't want the KY anymore, smart critters....

All in all a Good day on the water. And great first fish of the year for me.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote adammac-hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 8:30am
adammac-hill View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Decided to give the upper harbour a crack yesterday morning for high tide.

Plenty of bites all morning. Brought a couple kahawai home for dinner.

Always interesting watching boaties flying at full noise in water less than 1m deep with the family onboard with no lifejackets Clown 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:46am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

CB looks like you had a productive day out.

Good work Adam.

Waylander solid haul. im still getting a few emaciated pannies.

Me and Newbie looking at a late arvo papamoa session this week maybe tomorrow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:19pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got out this morning at 9am for a holiday hours sniff around Whangamata. Tried around the islands for no takes then out to 25m for one 50cm snap and that was that. Pretty much no action aside from that one fish. Did chase down a workup out to 30m but it was just a huge school of rats which I left alone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:06pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Who’s going tomorrow? I’m keen. I know there are a few waves... might turtle on the way in, but so what? Water seems warm!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote quibbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:30pm
quibbi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Ray where u waning to go out? I’m in pap and keen to
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:59pm
Silver
Silver

Quibbi will probably do domain at 6am. Have a few others coming. I’m in a red corolla or yellow cobra marauder. You on vhf?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:01am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah might join you guys at Domain.
Oh is this Saturday or Sunday 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:41pm
Silver
Silver

Piwi we went today. It was barren! Between 3 of us we came in with 2 trevs, that’s all. I’m going to give my spot off the domain a “rest”. In disgust I went and bought a fish finder - never used one before.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 1:28pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went out off Whanga again, for two undersize snaps and a puffer fish.

Heaps of sign, big schools about but mouths were shut.

Did spend two different 10 min blocks fighting big fish for them to both get off, which added to the frustration.

Sounds like I'm not missing out off Paps though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good work Dale always hard at this time of year and in a new location. Bugger about losing the good ones.

I opted for a longboarding session this morning although it would have been nice conditions for a fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:52pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bit much swell about to fish up the coro. So, back in the bay, looking at a late week or weekend fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 5:32pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I'm keen Dale. The surf is peaking today and should drop towards the weekend.
Water is real warm now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:38pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If forecast holds I’ll head out Monday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 2:53pm
Silver
Silver

I’m keen for Saturday if conditions are any good..
Page  <1 952953954955956 1025>