BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 940941942943944 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:39pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

[QUOTE=piwikiwi] That comp is lucky draw each month. You can enter any legal size fish I think. I put my Kingi in.
You can find the comp if you Google db export fishing comp.
QUOTE]

Rigged lmao!

LOLLOL Its not what you know, its who you know huh?? !!!
Proud supporter of Ronald McDonald House & the team at Legasea

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 4:07pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Well if I know anybody its news to me 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:37pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by piwikiwi piwikiwi wrote:

Well if I know anybody its news to me 😁
Just teasing mate - bloody good result winning gear... Probably also a good outcome that of anyone you won it as you'll be able to avoid getting rolled in the surf and losing it on the first outing! Ouch

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:54pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

No worries Speedy.
The rod coming with it is 7'10 which will be too long for kayakfishing I guess.
I've got some 7 footers but not tried longer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 7:22pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot piwi, mean prize should give that rod a run before you change it up you might like it. Hoping to come out of retirement and join you on saturday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 7:40pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Piwi knows I am pulling his leg he is well worth the flash gear. Just get a big light net with a longer handle will be sweet.

Actually thinking of getting a 7 and half foot rod too..will see.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 7:41pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Taylors for me Sat morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 7:51pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

No worries guys I deserve as much **** as you can throw 😂

Awesome crew lining up for Saturday. I may have visited Hunting and fishing and Smartmarine today to stock up on jigheads and softbait.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 10:13pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My fav soft bait rod is an 8ft tica rod that is really nicely weighted the whole way through the blank. It casts superb, has heaps of shape and yet has more grunt than I dare share - cause I only run 6lb braid in it.

Do the longer rod! I’m convinced they ‘hold’ a fish better than a shorter rod by acting as a longer shock absorber.

Also means you get to strike a bit harder to account for the longer shape... 😂

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CB Kayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 8:44am
CB Kayaker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sounds like a good Saturday coming up. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks until our week at Papamoa. My new Reload is sitting in the garage still dry 🙁. I also need to pick up a range of new soft baits and jig heads. What weight do you guys use most often? I've been using 3/8ths.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 8:53am
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Saturday for me too... would be good to catch up and share stories with you all. I feel another casual comp coming up...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:28am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah Piwi will put up a 7’10 rod for biggest snap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:53am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Haha good try DT.

CB I mostly use 1/2 oz off papamoa. Zman grubs and paddletails are good as well as most of the gulp range. Gulps dont last but you can get away with them at papamoa as not much reef chewing fish types around.
Try and get nice thin gauge sharp hooks and a shank length that matches bait size ie comes out in the right spot on the softie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CB Kayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 10:23am
CB Kayaker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good info thanks piwikiwi. Will get a range along those lines.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:30am
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome Piwi
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:10pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Cheers Mark thanks for letting me know about the comp.

Gear just arrived so I can use it tomorrow. That Sustain looks sweet. Also came with 300m braid and fluro and a nice shimano gear bag and Tackle boxes and cap. Might donate those to our 1000 page comp
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:36pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Ok she's all spooled and rigged looks amazing. The braid they sent feels real nice 15lb kariki only .16mm diameter and was a breeze to tie.

Cam called and said the east trip was off so hes coming and Phishpulla is making a return with a Stealth yak.

Oh and I dont see a hook keeper am I missing something or where would you hook your jighead when not fishing ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 5:29pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I’m going to hold out for Sunday. Just hook it on the bottom guides leg that comes off the rod
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 7:39pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What time is everyone launching?

Andy, the keeper on my veritas is integrated into the rod butt, maybe your new rod is the same?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 7:40pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I'm looking at 6am launch Dale.
Page  <1 940941942943944 1025>