BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 934935936937938 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 3:00pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great fish DT.
Shark bite whoopa, seen plenty , never had one chew or play with the kayak. Hope it stays that way
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 3:24pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Whoopa were you using berley ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C0BRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 6:38pm
C0BRA View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Loaded for Harrison’s tomorrow,should be a good morning out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 7:00pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Sweet cu there Scott
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whoopa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 7:36pm
whoopa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Piwi yeah had it near the bottom connected to yak with light line in case 1 grabbed it pulled it up to break it up abit so it would work better shark followed it up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 8:31pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Damn that would've got the heart pumping
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 1:29pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice DT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 10:28am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Me and Cobra had a bit of a shocker yesterday off Harrisons. I tried the anchor burley thing and got over thick sign on the foul but could only pull up baby snaps. Was using fresh tuatuas and ledger rig with small 3/0 hooks. I finally gave up and came in on the sand and found good sign but could only snaffle one mid 30s fish out.
I see someone else got a bagfull off papamoa yesterday so we may just suck 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 11:12am
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm in same camp as you Piwi. I tried hard, managed 1 KY, 1 rat and 1 trev. Couldn't buy a snapper. Kept the trev but it was a poor return for the effort I put in. I did see someone dumped a whole lot of frames on the sand by domain - who the hell does that? Not only did this person catch way more than me, but went on to make a bloody mess for beachgoers to enjoy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 3:03pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Must have been a tough day Ray. I used to take my frames back down the beach a few years ago as I thought putting them back into the eco system was good. But the beach here is so busy now with dog walkers etc so now I bring them home. My neighbors cleaner has been asking for frames so its working out well. I gut the fish at the beach or on water although if there are swimmers around I don't.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 7:35pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The frames I saw were in the vehicle access up by the dunes, miles away from water. About 3m from a rubbish bin too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whoopa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 7:58pm
whoopa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah ray saw those frames to how lazy not hard to dig a hole or throw em back in the sea I was going to to put them in a bag n chuck in tide but didnf have any in truck was a mint day to be out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 1:31pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

3/0 is probably too big for Tarakihi Andy, you want to go down to 1/0 or 2/0 at the max. I use Uncles little Tarakihi rigs, which have tiny hooks.

Thanks pretty manky to dump frames in the access way!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 2:02pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Dale they might have been 2/0 they were pretty small. My neighbor gave me a whole lot of terakihi ledger rings that he got from the old Sportsworld Papamoa.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 6:48pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Oh yeah, you would have been sweet then.

Hopefully get out to target them again. I've thought about paddling out to the graveyard to go after them there, but that's a big paddle. Does the foul keep on cropping up further out off Paps? I've paddled prob another k out past the foul off Harrisons, but the bottom was featureless.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 11:47am
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hard day for me out there today, wind was up quite a
bit made for a lot of paddling , managed 560 & 450 snap and a 500 trev,
 Piwi was using a new anchoring system known as two rods hooked up to the reef a the same time Thumbs Up 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 9:00am
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That’s a good result though Cam man 👍 three solid fish
Btw Where did you get your fat wheels for your ctug trolley ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 6:33pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Beachwheels nz they do a conversion kit with 300mm wheels
$260 not cheep , used it for the first time on Sunday and pull kayak up fully loaded over soft sand must say it was way easier.
Beachwheels nz , wheeleez , kayak carts ,

Yes agree. Get a good couple of feeds with fish that size just had the Trev tonight when ii said hard day for me was because it took 4 hour to land those with a lot of padding in between. Still a great day .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 1:22pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good work Cam nice fish on a tough day. Those new wheels look the business.

I got skunked on sunday. Caught 5 undersized snaps and a legal cod on microjig and nothing on softbait.
Highlight was a giant black albatross parked up by me and Cam.

Looking to redeem myself maybe Friday off papamoa.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 1:27pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

At least you will only need to catch 1 to redeem your self .
Page  <1 934935936937938 1025>