BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 931932933934935 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 5:59pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:03pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah man no worries I got a taste of the good waves today. Swell is still holding and they are talking onshore tomorrow anyway.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:36am
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

https://youtu.be/Rbxbm96-lbw

Not sure how to get the link to work but that’s the video from last weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:58am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Great viewing Shane.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:27pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I've loaded with possible fish in the morning off papamoa. Anyone else heading out ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:36pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thought you heading to Auckland Friday ;-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:44pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

With his recent form he needs to go somewhere where the fishing is easy I'm keeping an eye on the weekend but not looking very flash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:45pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Ha not me Muppet. Some of the guys are heading to Northland for the open invite
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:51pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha it’s not easy DT got about 10000 boats to contend with.

I will get up north one day again maybe.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:02pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

i bet they all have live fishfinders too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:27pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And not know how to use them. It is probably why most of them suck at fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:35pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

As always. Big trip, i am excited
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:56am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good fishing today. Started fishing about 7am and had bin full by 8am. All similar sizes 35 to 42cm nice eaters. 5 on one crazylegs and 2 on Kaveman Zebra lumo microjig.

Nice conditions light swest and slow drift the other way.
Was talking to a guy just before I launched on the beach then saw a gap so jumped in and got out and gave him the thumbs up. Then a set wave just broke on me and soaked me and knocked off my garmin Striker. I heard they were easily knocked off their bracket so should have known better. Anyway I'm searching for the head unit in the footwells etc then realizing no it was gone overboard probably sinks like a rock. Then I see it floating about 5 m away thank bloody God 😁 paddled over and grabbed it and all working ok again.
I will always stow it now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:09am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Andy!

Looks like you've got the pick of the days! Cant believe you managed to stretch a Gulp for that many fish!

I've never had my Striker come off its mount and I've been worked plenty of times.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:03am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Piwi I will be happy with that tomorrow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:24am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good luck tomorrow Muppet I await your stories of giant fish 😁

Dale yeah I read somewhere about the head unit coming off easy. Cam and I have a burley pro cover coming for ours.
That may help but I still need to be able to plug and unplug the cables with the cover on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:44am
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The quick release units have some benefits but they can get knocked off
I got smacked at Rogers and my echomap 55 ended up in my lap luckily
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:29pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

With my old Lowrance if it got smacked off the bracket the cables would stay connected and tether it but the Striker plugs come off.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:59pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey piwi nice fish mate 👍 I’ve got the echomap in the quick release bracket and had heard the same. Found on my unit that there is a thin outer frame that unclips leaving the holes for flat mounting, I’ve tethered mine to the boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 2:05pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mine got a strip top and bottom, just removed the bottom. Mounted the bracket on a rail blazer mount too so can remove if swells up
Page  <1 931932933934935 1025>