BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 907908909910911 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:24pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah as others said had a good time fishing the ebop comp. Caught plenty of pannies that weren't really close at all to being in the right size bracket for the comp at all. How do we go about joinng the club?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:13pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

[email protected]
Ask them to send you the form that has all the details on it . Think it is still $20 to join . Well worth it great end of year get together as well.

Yer great weekend with a neat bunch of guys. I was absolutely stuffed by the time I got home but so worth it.
Well run tournament guys from ebop.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 6:52am
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Beautiful location. Top bunch of blokes and a great club. Fishing was tough for me as well.

I was grinning from ear to ear when I heard over the vhf that cam man was struggling. I thought I had a good chance to win the dosh. That grin soon disappeared when i returned to the beach and found he filled his bin with some very nice fish.

Will be back again next year.

Mmmm...perhaps I'll fly to whakatane in first class and stay in a 5 star hotel. Put my $500 travel voucher to good use 😁👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:10pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah Cam was pretty quiet about that honey hole. Must have been knackered for sure Cam pulling in all those big guns on one pie and a coffee too then a big drive home 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 1:17pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Skill the word your looking for piwi not honey hole .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ripples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 7:34pm
ripples View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi all you BOP yakkers, thanks heaps for supporting the EBOP KFC comp last weekend, I think it was 80 yakkers that entered the comp and they came from the Far North and as far south as Horowhenua. I think the later date has only benefited us as we had great conditions and there were over 200 fish weighed in. There was a variety of species including skipjack tuna off Waihau bay, JD’s, Gurnard, kingfish, more snapper than you can cast a lure to and kahawai the same.

Having our Western Bay cousins came down in force was awesome.

NB, we have our AGM in July and if any of youse are interested in joining the club then ya'all welcome. If you can send me an e mail I'll post you a membership form, and info on what we do, monthly club days, club sponsored weekend at Oariki Retreat in Nov (Maraenui), etc.

Yes it's still only $20 annual membership fee. 

My e mail is: [email protected]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 4:35pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Anybody heading out Saturday?
Sunday looking a bit rough.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:18pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Saturday sport in the morning for me, but keen to go after that...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:43pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Cam man Cam man wrote:

Skill the word your looking for piwi not honey hole .

Well done BlairClap
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:06pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm busy in the morning, looking at the afternoon, around 1. Will go local, off Harrisons I'd say.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 3:06pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Going on a mothership trip in July.. just wondering what sort of line weights I should be running. I am currently running 15lb main and 20lb trace on softbait rig and 20lb main 30lb trace on light jig . plus a heavy jig come live bait set up 24kg main
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:55pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Cam man Cam man wrote:

Going on a mothership trip in July.. just wondering what sort of line weights I should be running. I am currently running 15lb main and 20lb trace on softbait rig and 20lb main 30lb trace on light jig . plus a heavy jig come live bait set up 24kg main

Mate the last two sets are well balanced but you will need a minimum of 25pd fluoro on your softbait setup.
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:08pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot out at about 1pm today with Andy.

Energetic paddle out into the n slop. Tried over the foul for 2 undersized throwbacks. A few fish about, but managed to drop any good ones I had on.

Ended up with pumpkin soup for dinner Disapprove
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:32am
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

cheers potty , will run with 30lb  fluro on both sets .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 12:59pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Tough couple of hours Dale but still a nice paddle. I ended up with a couple 35 and 45 which was enough for dinner. 1pm fishing is always going to be tough.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:28am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

How are you finding the new sounder DT?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:22pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Weather window today so surf club launch after school run - out to 10 metre mark with some decent sign so cast out - hooked up but when pulling it up saw a large shape following it up - thot shark and yup but not expecting a whitey !! Circled round me whilst I sorted stuff out then followed me as slowly paddled away - measured him against my yak as he swam alongside and he wss about 4 metres long.
Did a decent paddle to papamoa to get rid of him which worked as no more sign of him.
Stayed out couple hours to end up with couple cdecent snaps plus caught 2 small hammerheads and one decent thresher shark
Intresting day out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:26pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

3.4 metres long not 4
Looked way bigger when that close tho :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:22pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Crikey Scotty I've not heard of a great White in that close in the BOP. Wonder why you were getting so much shark action ? Did you have bait n berley?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:33pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

No berley but had a flasher rig down with small bits of squid- after thresher shark pulled the pin on that tho :-)

Was pretty surprised to see one that close in but shsrks do come in close to feed- was a trawler out bout 3 kms so maybe that brought it around

Pretty cool to see despite the nervousnes of course
Page  <1 907908909910911 1025>