BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 903904905906907 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote **SLATER** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:19pm
**SLATER** View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah went to spot R. Wasn’t fast but consistent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:26pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one DT. Yeah good bags all round. Snaps are nice and fatty.

You blood the bixby off spot R Josh? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 6:11am
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

WOW the fishing is on fire west of Whakatane 👍
I headed East and it was hard, easily the toughest days fishing I’ve had in that location.
🤔hope it improves before the 4th
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:55am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looking at heading down those ways later in the week for a couple of days. I don't think I'll bother for the comp though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:59am
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

DT take some Tina lures, they were in as shallow as 18m yesterday
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 3:16pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers potty will do. Kept an eye out yesterday but didn't spot any amongst all the ky. Any reports from today? will probably do a couple hours off Harrison tomorrow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whoopa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 9:01pm
whoopa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went of domain today got 7 good snapper all over 40 and a trev slow to start with mint morning on the water few good work ups
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 9:49pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Whoopa. 

Better fishing after the slacker summer months.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:10pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi guys Im back from the mother land. Looks like you have been slaying the fish. good to see all the 60+cm models out there and DTs nice kingi.
I will get out next weekend conditions allowing and then the comp is on the following weekend.

Cam Im up for a ride if still available otherwise i dont mind taking my wagon down.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whoopa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 7:36pm
whoopa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Going head out of domain tomorrow bout 6 if any 1 else heading out might c u out there hopefully conditions will be ok cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:22pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got out for a few hours yesterday from harrisons, did well early with a few mid to late 30s before dying of snapper wise before the ky and trevs took over. Kept 1snap for breakfast back by 9. What FFs are you guys using at the moment mine is due replacing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 7:18am
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

i am using a Garmin striker plus 4 nice little unit good display great on the power , would probably go for a larger one next time ,i think Muse , Scotty , Noponies are using the Garmin 5cv

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 2:07pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Bit of surf running now.

Dt I'm still on the 2nd hand FF I bought off Scotty a few years ago. I'd probably look at a Striker next time. They look good value for money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 2:59pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Got a Garmin 45 cv now - much easier to use than the lowrance models I had previous - easy and quick to remove for landing due to quick attach bracket
Only slight downside is slightly smaller screen than the 55 cv but another 400 dollars so a good compromise
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 3:50pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Garmin x2

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:47pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Garmin x 3.  Like Cam man said the screen is small.  It's big enough to view the fish finder but I find viewing the GPS a little tricky.  

I probably won't need my Garmin after the comp.  Because when I win the $1000 viking prize, I'll happily sell it to you Piwi. Big smile 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 7:12pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Running a garmin echomap 65cv and love it!! Fits mint on the tackle pod and transducer is a perfect fit too. Awesome maps, quick release bracket as std.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 8:02pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep, I have the Garmin 5cv. I got the 5cv over the 4 due to the extra screen real estate it has. Easy to have sounder and GPS on at the same time with plenty of room. 

The newer ones have live depth plotting, so you can make / save your own charts. Not sure how useful that would be though. I didn't bother with a better one with maps, not really a need around here. I've found entering in GPS spots beforehand, or saving what I find on the go works pretty well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 8:37pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got the same one as ponies, all set and ready for the 3 hour drive in the morning to hit the water bright and early.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 8:39pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Schecter Schecter wrote:

Garmin x 3.  Like Cam man said the screen is small.  It's big enough to view the fish finder but I find viewing the GPS a little tricky.  

I probably won't need my Garmin after the comp.  Because when I win the $1000 viking prize, I'll happily sell it to you Piwi. Big smile 

Better to be lucky then good aye schecter
Page  <1 903904905906907 1025>