BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 892893894895896 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:13am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I was keen for a fish but with the surf up yakking was a no go. So rang my nephew and asked him to take me out in the harbour on his tinny.
We launched in the upper harbour and a quick 500m journey to anchor up at 5.30am in knee deep water.
Burley out and then casting baits back into the trail. He strategically gave me a 5 foot rod that wouldn't cast far and then caught the first 3 snapper. I finally got 1. We ended up with 7 him 5 me 2. A couple of 47cmish ones and my 2 the smallest at 35cm.
We got 4 small stingrays and some small KY which proved better bait than pillies and tuatuas as was hard to pick off.
Anyway was good to see the methods used to catch harbour fish.
Will let you know how they taste tonight ๐Ÿ˜
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:35pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Tasted good although stronger than ocean snaps.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:54pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

you werenโ€™t keen on going out in the yak piwi?? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I went for a swim today at midday and it was crazy!!! Couldnโ€™t even see motiti with the height of the waves. Good fun on a boogie board tho!! Might have to try the Harbour on the yak if this keeps up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 8:03pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good fishing Andy! Keen as for a harbour mission.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:33am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah 3m swell out of control surf. Waves breaking way out. I don't know if I can bring myself to buy burley ๐Ÿ˜‚ could just buy fish instead ๐Ÿ˜
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:03am
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Tried out the west coast yesterday morning. No surf on that side ๐Ÿ˜Ž
No wind either
Kahawai in plague proportions over there and a cpl of solid snapper as well to bring home
Was interesting watching how often the boaties move around and change spots
I think being on a kayak teaches you to persist for a bit longer
Not bad for 2 hr drive

Damn 3 m waves here ? I do like a good boogie board session haha

Go on Piwi buy some berley and stinkbait get the yak dirty ๐Ÿ˜‚
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:23pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice one Muse. My son went to Raglan Sunday and said it was flat as a pancake.
I was running up Papamoa Hills today and could see surf breaking at Astrolabe reef.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 3:12pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Shane where did you go? only ever fished Naki for my west coast fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 4:19pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 5:30pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Went from Manu bay Allpom
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 6:45am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Muse on the way back in at Manu Bay did you surf in on a 300m lefthander ๐Ÿ˜

Allpom I'm keen for the comp. I will try and contribute to the teams catch this time instead of just a healthy supply of pannies for my family ๐Ÿ˜
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 7:25pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Comp looks good!

Going to go for a harbour fish tomorrow evening. Prob paddle off Omokoroa, or somewhere with low tide access.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:00pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Iโ€™d be keen on that comp if thereโ€™s a spot on a team let me know ๐Ÿ˜‰
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:23pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Surf is up all weekend so good call Noponies. I'm keen to try the harbour after going in a tinny last week. I need to sort some bait and burley and an anchor and make up some rigs. Last week we fished either side of low tide but high is at 5ish this weekend so I'm not sure if that's any good or not. I'd probably look at Sunday morning and come back in daylight. We caught 4 small stingrays too which have to be unhooked carefully.

14ft I would enter anyway. Suss the team thing out later when you know who is going.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:51pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Going to head up the Coro on Monday arvo for couple days fishing due to surf still predicted to be up - going to go from Wilsonโ€™s bay up the coast with good tide times to help the drift.
Keen to form a team for the ebop comp as well - allpom keen to keep a non performer in his team this year piwi ๐Ÿ˜‚
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 12:28pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Scotty good luck don't forget the camera this time ๐Ÿ˜‰
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:15pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I am going to do that Sunday Scotty first time I ever fish the Coromandel west coast.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:55pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Camera duly noted Piwi- 

Was further up the coast last time Muppet but still good fishing to be had from Wilsons - should be some Kings along the coast structure and its not that far out to the 40 metre mark where there can be some decent fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 5:00pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes will definitely have a go at a bit of livebaiting for sure. Think the snapper will be in close hopefully they are. Not really a big fan of fishing that deep but if I need to will jig it. Will be interesting to have a good look at a new spot for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:05pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Heading off Te Puna tonight.
Page  <1 892893894895896 1025>