BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 887888889890891 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ScottieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 2:09pm
ScottieG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah mate I know what I can't handle that's for sure, at this stage anyway. Yeah the only one that held was my Rob Fort paddle leash, the other two gone. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 2:50pm
Skonski View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

After losing gear and breaking gear on both going out and in, all mine is stowed away now.
If its flat i leave rods up on way out but always stow away in front hatch on way in, no matter what the surf size.
I can now confidently turtle like a pro and come in upside down and backwards and not lose or damage anything ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Taken a few hard lessons though....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 11:02pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Agree with that Skonski.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:01am
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Harbour conds at 1.2 metres and you still went to Rogers piwi ๐Ÿคญ
Fully agree with skonski and g dog and always break rods down for surf landings - reels in a dry bag and rods strapped to deck for me and lets me fully concentrate on getting in without worrying bout breakages
Still turtle of course ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 7:07am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah scotty I knew there might be some turtle potential but it wasn't too bad and been summer helps. Pity the fishing wasn't better.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:01am
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I explored further east yesterday, awesome conditions.
Fishing wasnโ€™t red hot but still picked up 4 species, even had tuna under the yak.
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:05pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

planning trip out tomorrow if anyone keen
Location not decided on yet
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ocean Adikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:12pm
Ocean Adikt View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys went out from about 200 Papamoa beach road this morning. Paddled out to 16.5-17m and had 3 int he bin between 6-6.30am pretty quite after that. Had a few more bites but didnt stick and also had 2 different schools of kingfish come up around me. Probably head back out tomorrow early for another look before our holiday comes to an end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:21pm
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Iโ€™ll join you Scotty if your planning on coming towards this way
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gooch cramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:04pm
Gooch cramp View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone heading out tomorrow morning?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 7:06pm
Skonski View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

5 of us launching at Taylors at 5am Gooch, as long as wind stays down.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gooch cramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:25pm
Gooch cramp View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Might be a bit early for me. Went out from taylors last Saturday got a decent gurnard, average snap + 1 kahawai. First or second cast got a hit on wind up thought was a coutta next thing big king beside my yak. Still waiting for that legal kingee
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:15pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Skonski how was it ?

Gooch Im still waiting for that 1st legal Kingi too. I dont target them and Im on crappy light softbait gear. Caught hundreds of rats over the years. Nice on the gurnard pity there arent more about.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 6:34pm
Skonski View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Piwi.
5 of us launched at 5am from Taylors, had a mate out for his 1st time. Nice and dark, and about .8 - 1m swell, so just enough for a newbie ๐Ÿ˜‰
I got out clean, mate got wet and nephew got smashed twice, ending up on the beach both times.
Pretty slow going fishing wise. I ended up with 3 snaps and a carrot. The slider doing the damage again on 3 of them. Bro and Neph got 5 between them.
Lost my last micro jig, had a snap on but then got real heavy so guessing i got sharked.
Lost what would have been my first legal king just as i was trying to pull it in to the yak, as it was too big for the net, snapped the leader as i lifted it. Gutted.
Bite slowed down after the sun got up but stayed out for awhile as it was like glass.
Few turtles on way in, bro lost all his fish in the surf when the lid opened on his catch box, but managed to find them in the surf, at least the waters warm. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 6:58pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Unlucky with the king skonski - I got a 80 cm model on wed arvo off Harrisonโ€™s which I released as not needed the fish - tried to get out in the morning at pukehina with Jordan but was some mean waves on the second bar at low tide so flagged it.
Surfs up for weekend with Sunday prob best day to try to get out - any one heading out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:05pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Scotty I will keep an eye on Sunday.

Skonski good stuff. That would have been funny watching your bro retrieve his fish in the surf.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote maccasparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:56pm
maccasparks View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi guys - looking at some advise on a trolley for Paps . Have a standard c tug which is just rubbish so thinking about a wheeleez conversion kit

Any ideas? Are the smaller wheels okay?
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:07pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hey Maccas I have the smaller Wheelez kayak cart and it works well. It's my first trolley so can't compare but it never gets stuck in the sand.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 4:03pm
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You can upgrade the c-tug wheels with the sandtracks wheels heaps easier in the sand and only 100 bux but nothing beats the wheeleez
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:19pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have c-tug, used to have old wheels and they were hard work. The sand tracks ones are heaps easier!
Page  <1 887888889890891 1025>