BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 871872873874875 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ScottieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 8:56pm
ScottieG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sat is looking good for me. Hopefully this time it will be the maiden voyage!....... Haha jeez I feel like I've said that before LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 9:02pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Going to try afternoon/ evening fish tomorrow if anyone wants to join.
Harrison’s or domain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 5:32pm
Skonski View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You heading out fri morn Piwi?
Wondering about heading out off Pap somewhere
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 5:55pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Skonski yes Taylors 6am launch see you there 😀
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 8:24pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

See you there!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 2:38pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Beaut morning with Noponies, Skonski, Bakedfish and Ray. Fishing was slowish but I secured a good feed with 5 snaps. Dale released one in the 60s.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beepeekiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 3:14pm
Beepeekiwi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I must be doing something wrong, went out off domain this morning and couldn’t even raise a decent bite other than a few kahawai grabs. Tried all depths out to about 25m but not too much sign on sounder. True that I am playing around with skutes so still learning, but even my trustie gulps couldn’t raise a take. Never tried Taylors, is it that much different from domain? Still, lovely morning out there for my first fish in 6 months, maybe I am just rusty!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 3:42pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I find the Domain similar to Taylors. You do need to know where bits of foul are on tougher days as more fish tend to congregate there. Today we got a few random on the sand but was more action near the reefs. I went with gulp grubs and jerkshads and also zman paddle tails.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:03pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great conditions. Even got out without the customary wet arse!

Fishing wasn't too bad to begin with in around 20m. Picked up a couple of nice eaters and one around 60cm which I let go. Lost at least that many again mid way through the fight.

Took a wee while to get another 2 on board, but managed to end up with four nice pannies.

Brown gulp grubs on 17.5g jigheads worked the best today. Nothing on z-man. One on a random, gold fleck Ali Express shad and one on a nuc chicken shad.

Heaps of sign about, but who knows what it was.

Chased a disjointed workup on the way back in, but couldn't hook a KY. Could see the buggers swimming past me thoughAngry 

Nice to have fish on the table again.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:10pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Like Andy I find Taylors like the Domain, but with maybe a bit more foul at Taylors. More foul towards Harrisons Cut than the Domain, which is a better bet if you are after a rough patch to fish over. Taylors does seem to have more extreme depth changes, pretty easy to run from 27m to 23m in a drift there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beepeekiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 10:16pm
Beepeekiwi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice catch there noponies. Good to know there are fish around. I have never had a problem finding them off the domain until today so maybe just one of those days. Keen to start working my way down the coast though, would be good to tag along with you guys one day to get to know the area a bit better. Also chased kahawai round as plenty working the surface. Had a few grabs and always cool watching the tail a bait in towards you, unfortunately none stuck today. Cheers for the info.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote **SLATER** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 3:39pm
**SLATER** View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How did everyone get on this morning? Stuck working on the house 😥🤬.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote adammac-hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:44pm
adammac-hill View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Heading out early tomorrow morning off harrisons. Will be in a red reload 440. If anyone's heading out there, shout out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ScottieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:56pm
ScottieG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Will be Monday morning for me. Do you guys always use a drift chute when softbaiting or is it current/depth dependent? I've read it's not really required 20+ meters and more for the strong wind/current in shallower waters.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 9:13pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I’m toying with the idea of heading out tomorrow... loaded kayak but not sure. Wish the reports were of more plentiful catches!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 10:29pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Pretty much always need a drift chute ScottieG unless its super calm. Yaks are very affected by the wind. 

We didn't do that bad last fish Mark. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 6:41am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah drift chute invaluable. I now have a parachute style one which holds well.

Good luck today guys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C0BRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 11:56am
C0BRA View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Launched out off Pap in nice conditions on sunrise,went out to the mark and dropped into snapper straight away which had lit up the screen,hooked up first cast and with the screen still glowing opted to throw the first one back.So for the next two hours i got bugger all,a little grab here and there,nothing.So scouted around for a bit and found a bit of a hole,no sign on the sounder but the rod bent over hard,so came away with 5,biggest going 51cm.Hard paddle back in to a stiff SW,but definitely worth it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 1:11pm
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went east this morning to maraenui. 1st fish on board 5 mins after launching and was 4.5kg fish kept coming in with a few going back. All pretty good sizes. Binned up on 45-50cm and back on beach by 930 just as the wind picked up. Pretty easy going and not having to paddle far
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 1:22pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Solid haul Jordan nice job.

Cobra yeah giving the first one to Tangaroa is overrated LOL good comeback though.
Page  <1 871872873874875 1025>