BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 527528529530531 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TripleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 5:04pm
TripleT View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

update on my shark fishing ventures -  only my second attempt and I got a 1.5-2m bronzy off aratiki today!  Kayak fishing is exciting but lbg fishing I think takes the cake Big smile  I am still fizzing and arms are still hurting
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 8:05pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I might do domain tomorrow too... Sometime around 6...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 2:14pm
SmallBoatBigOcean View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Haha try taking that fillet to the fish n chip shop Triple 

How did everyone else get on today? We launched from Harrison's cut at 5.30am. Before the sun came up I'd landed two kahawai and two rat kings, I thought I was in for a great day! After that not a thing, nothing on the sounder except thousands upon thousands of those annoying jellyfish. There was terns everywhere which attracted every fisherman in the area but still nothing. Gave up and was back in the carpark by 10am.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 2:44pm
Moken View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Took this 2nd hand, bad boy on its first maiden voyage this morning at sparrows fart. Very impressed with the hull speed & stability. Found the fishing very hard but a great morning to be on the water and susing out equipment layout etc. Looking forward to having heaps more time together and going out further, for longer on what appears to be a well designed, safe fishing machine!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 3:44pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hard fishing today. Went out from the domain in perfect conditions. Well, except for the jellyfish I guess. Finished up with a good gurnard, reasonable snap and a KY. Starter, main and desert. Not much around though!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Viking400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 3:53pm
Viking400 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, I'm relatively new to the bay and kayak fishing. Been out a few times with Red 400 and on Tims Sunday Sessions. Launched off the Domain this morning around 6, and by 730 had managed 3 snaps with biggest 52cm. A massive bust off and a rat kingi after that but then everything stopped. Called it a day just before 9. Beautiful conditions out there, apart from the sea of jellyfish!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 4:12pm
Silver
Silver

I was out off Harrisons cut viking, so may have seen you off in the distance. Same with us the day started off with promise and then died. Although sounds like you did well with your time on the water.

Nice work Moken, trademe special? That's where I got my yak.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C0BRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 5:34pm
C0BRA View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah i think the joke is wearing a bit thin,jellyfish,jellyfish and more jellyfish.Bit of a crowd off Grants first thing,fishing was really hard and only managed a fatty kahawai 50m from shore on the way back in,mind you it was a primo morning on the water when it glassed off,gotta love the bay.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 5:50pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

went off domain with Darren. Quiet fishing. ended up with 2 pannies and a rat.  Darren had a bust off. Nice yak Moken. Welcome viking400.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 5:51pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Are jelly fish useful for anything?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 8:11am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Cmon Papamoa when are you going to fire up Big smile

Moken very nice time to change your user name ?

Went for a run up past Harrisons and the Domain today. Looked nice enough to yak fish. Saw a couple of Kontikis out and a huge trail of weed where they pull them in. One guy had 3 KY but no snaps.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jack Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 10:11pm
Jack Hammer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

On Friday on a whim I decided I needed a fish so launched the yak from Motiti Rd straight out towards Motiti Island to 21m. Left the beach at about 6pm.  This is my first time kayak fishing in about 2 years so it was great to enjoy the serenity.  After catching my limit of snapper in about 2 hours, all on softies, I wonder why I have 50k tied up in a tin boat..... 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 7:02am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Haha nice work Jack.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf Turtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 9:05am
Surf Turtle View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Excellent day for you and
Yup, I was thought the same a few years ago so ditched the boat lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 9:28am
Silver
Silver

Nice work Jack hammer, at least one if us is catching some fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Outram Nugget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 2:41pm
Outram Nugget View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good stuff jack hammer, thought about Friday night looked pretty nice out there but a few too many afternoon beers.

Headed out with a few others on Saturday am.  Launched at 5.30 and like everyone else jellies were thick.  Managed a limit of snaps although most on the smaller side around 35cm, one decent one at 45cm, a nice trev, and a couple of rat kings and threw back another 3 smaller snapper.  The colt sniper flat fall jig doing most of the damage.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ-Kayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 7:42am
NZ-Kayaker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Guys,

getting very jealous of all this fishing talk that you guys are doing...the more I want to kayak fish the less time I seem to have to do it haha. In a rare quiet moment over the weekend I whipped up another blog post. It's probably stuff many of you already know but I thought it may help out any new chums. Let me know what you think. 

Mob: 027 668 9904
Facebook: www.facebook.com/nzkayakfisher
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TripleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 10:24am
TripleT View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

here's a pic of the shark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Outram Nugget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 1:35pm
Outram Nugget View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I reckon that's pretty spot on NZ Kayaker, I'm crap in the surf and have learnt to lose a lot of gear and ruin other things!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ripples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 8:56pm
ripples View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

see below for entry form for our EBOP Kayak fishing comp 2016 Feb 13.Thumbs Up

http://www.kayakfishingnz.com/ebop-kaya ... ournament/
Page  <1 527528529530531 1025>