Out with the "Twelves"

Page  <1 23456 393>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 10:28am
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Monday 28/1/08 6 to 9 am

Just back from Sergeant's Channel, and it was goin' off!  Boat limit was 40cm minimum and kept 6, and had a couple of bustoffs, one when that incompetent boob Rod Holder was in charge & I was hooked up on another fish.  Best baits were Gulp sapphire shine 5" shad followed by 4" yellow Gulp Alive minnow.  Squidgy 4" pilly did OK too.  Put back a lot of legal fish, at least 6 over 37cms.

Feel a bit guilty about sneaking off & not telling the rest of the 12's, but some fishos are saying a bit of publicity has turned Motuihe into a jungle.  Will be more sociable on my next trip.

The catch - 40 to 48 cms.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fred Onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 1:32pm
Fred Onion View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Top work again..... Its a bugger when the other half buggers off for a weekend which turns into 2 with the one vehicle with a tow bar...

Like they say dont get mad,, get even. Think a couple of last minute fishing weekends are on the cards, + a tow bar on the second car next week.
FORD King of the Mountain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 1:52pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice going FQ-You are the man!

Fred-hope you have told the Mrs who is cooking the eggs this week!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote betterthanwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 10:19pm
betterthanwork View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well done Geoff, I was in Motuhi channel Sunday late morning but a bit slow - 2 x 43cm , 2 x 33cm. Sh*t loads of sign on the sounder but mouths shut. I can't wait to give Sargents another crack. I presume you were fishing the incoming. Did you drift that same line we normally used for the outgoing tide?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ssilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 10:28pm
ssilver View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice going again there Geoff!!
We were out Sunday but found it very hard going coming home with only 4 around 30cm for about 5 hours fishing.
We fished Sandspit Passage off Ponui and had plenty of goldfish coming over the side but struggled to get anything bigger.
Anyway, it was good to be out there yet again!! Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aquacat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 7:55am
aquacat View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great catch FQ. We were also out Sunday morning at "you know where" and did extremely well again. Probably turned another bait fisho into a SP addict. He caught 2 x 9pounders on first trip. I had to fight to get my rod back at the end of the trip. Wednesday is looking good again on Windguru.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote THEFISHOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 5:26pm
THEFISHOE View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Big%20smileBig%20smile any one taking out the 12s this weekend ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 5:46pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

can i join the 12s now please wont be till next spring cheers
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Bean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 6:46pm
Mr Bean View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cosmo you'll have to start a new club called the 13's
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 7:00pm
rocko View Drop Down

what the 11,s?LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 8:35pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Hi Rocko

Looks like some good weather for the weekend.  Tides are a bit weak but they may still be biting.  My picks are:
Sat 6 to 9:30 am, anywhere, 4 to 5 knot SW to S
Sun 6:30 to 10 am, Rangi (yellow buoy nr Duder's spit to lighthouse), 6 to 7 knot NE
Can we see who wants to go out, and where they prefer to go and then some of us meet up?  Anyone who wants to get text advice of where we will meet can send their phone number to me in the thread or by PM.  I prefer to go on Saturday morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote betterthanwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 9:21pm
Gold
Gold

I'm planning on an early Sat morning Sargent Channel drift in a 12 (+2). my reasoning is that I may still get a reasonable tidal flow the even with the small tide and the light S wind may help push drift speed up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 10:51pm
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

FQ im keen for a Sat morning fish my boats just under 16ft hope it dosnt count me outEmbarrassed.
021 2026644
not fussed on where we go.

Cheers

Karl
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 6:58am
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Hi Karl

I've put you on my text distribution list.  You can be the "mother ship"LOL.  I'm leaning towards Sergeants at the mo.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 7:37am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Will be at rangi sat 7.30ish - 0275715406 - fyran 440 / etec 40 (dark cowling)

Incoming so will probably be on the line light to duders.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote betterthanwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 7:52am
Gold
Gold

karlosnz - as official mothership, you bring the beers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 9:09am
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hope you guys like Lion RedLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wetdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 9:32am
wetdream View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by karlosnz karlosnz wrote:

Hope you guys like Lion RedLOL

As long as it's 440ml cans bro, what kinda bloke wouldn't
Like us on: facebook/stanleysigns.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 9:39am
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Taste better in bottles bro LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 11:04am
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Currently quite different wind predictions between 5 knots variable to 20 E.

Page  <1 23456 393>