Out with the "Twelves"

Page  <1 384385386387388 393>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 5:37pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one FQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 5:38pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one, Geoff. Beautiful day on the water. My JD from the trip I did yesterday was also a female - like Keith, I tried the roe lightly dusted in flour and fried with the fish. Very nice.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 2:32pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Hi Keith and Lester

The reason I saved the roe and liver was for berley.  My family aren't great roe and offal lovers.  Sad really, but would add richness to the berley.
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 3:59pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I tried JD roe once was the best one since leaving the UK since the battered Cod roe.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote betterthanwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 7:29am
betterthanwork View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes, I was able to go straight onto the beach easily.  Coming back though I used the ramp and had an hour and 20 minute que to use it.  Wasn't so bad waiting with the boat up to the sand compared with trying to hold station off HMB with that breeze.  I am sure it was a once off.

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Originally posted by betterthanwork betterthanwork wrote:

Too true and our decision to buy a Surtees 495 and a car with 4WD was vindicated yesterday when we rocked up at HMB at 6.40am to find a queue of boats and cars extending for probably 500m. A quick u turn a few minutes drive to Bucklands beach and and straight in off the sand effortlessly. Plus saved 10 minutes motoring at 5 knots. I had a 12 foot Parker craft for years then did a massive upgrade to a 14 foot fyran so even with exuberant extents of 16 ft Surfees I still feel like a small boat fisho.

Good call. My neighbour was there about 5am, and the first row of trailer parks was already full. When they got back early afternoon he was 15th in line, trying to hold position in the run in tide, waiting to pull out with rude ba$tards driving past everyone and pushing in etc.
Crazy stuff. Sure it's due to lockdown fatigue and lack of kids sports, shopping mall social outings etc, but it's great if you can avoid it.
Do you beach launch next to the ramp at big Bucks?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 2:51pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Finally got to kkb.fished right around ponui for 3 snapper.put plenty back but 3 month frozen mullet yeah well if that's what have then that's it squid semi worked.but beats being at home.Ramp busy as usual early start home 2.00 pm. Happy the way motor etc works so bring on level 2
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fshnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:49am
fshnut View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Tuesday 26 Oct
Fished the morning tide with the missus. Checked the summer spots around Park Point and Church's Bay to see if they were there yet. Ended up with a dozen pannies, and highlight was a nice calamari on her nuclear chook. Mostly on Gulp, until Z Man was given a couple squirts of Secret Sauce.  Also got towed around and lost a new micro-jig to what was probably a big ray.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 6:06pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wednesday 27th.  Rangi channel off Takapuna from mid to last of the flood.  Lumpy with stronger wind and chop than expected. Decent drifts but not decent fish. Put my mate on the dragged grubs while I microjigged. 6 keepers, another  6 probably around 32cm, a few small, nothing of any size.  Meh, basically
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote betterthanwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 9:49pm
betterthanwork View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Wednesday 27th.  I thought it was going to be great weather with just a light northerly however I think the fact that it had been blowing from there for a few days meant it was a lot choppier than expected.  Never mind, we had set our sights on the Aahaas and kept to the plan.  Ruth on bait and me on plastics and microjigs. Not a lot of sign around and the fast drift made it hard staying on the bottom.  We finally found a productive drift line closer to Maria Rocks and managed six snapper 35 - 45cm.  

Bruised banana 5" did the job.  Squid Vicious was getting hit but no hookups - just seemed to hang off the tentacles.  Haven't got the hang of those microjig things.

Not an ideal day out but any day fishing is betterthanwork.   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 1:32pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sunday 7 November. Said i would never go at weekends and this is why: so busy.  Just needed to go though.  Back to west of Waiheke, one nice drift at a knot or more.  Could have binned up in less than an hour.  Little orange microjig just got hit every time it got near the bottom. (well, it used to be ornage but ended up mostly silver.)  Eventually it went the way of all jigs though - must have caught many dozens of fish on that lure.

Came home with my quota, mostly 40-45 ish, nothing special.  Back at Milford before high tide

PS  Was a Kaveman orange lumo hornet.  More on order :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fshnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 9:13pm
fshnut View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sunday 7 November. 

Fished the outgoing tide with Towkay on his first outing since lockdown. Found some fish in 20+ m out from Church's Bay but it was not the most relaxing drift with wind against tide and lots of Sunday traffic giving us the washing machine treatment. We stuck at it till the bottom of the tide and scraped 8 (biggest 50cm) with softbaits, the jigs only got the throwbacks. Water temp's already 18 degrees, probably some of the snaps are already thinking about other things besides food.

Towkay also chuffed to finally score a green eye on the squid jig in the shallows.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 6:47am
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sunday 7 November,

Had a great morning drifting sliders around the Shearer rock area south of Tiri. Anything with an orange skirt was getting smashed by the aggressive spawning snapper below. Bait was hopeless and resulted in undersized fish. Beautiful conditions out there with the rest of Auckland
Inner City Slayers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote BigEarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 10:50pm
BigEarn View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sunday 7th

Went out for the morning and fished spots around Rangi and A Buoy over high tide. Could've filled the bin, but most went back that day. Got absolutely zilch on softbaits and sliders. All damage done by the Ocean Angler Flea jig, with around 20 fish to the boat. Nothing spectectular, mostly nice pannies in the mid 30s to 40. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 3:03pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rangi channel yesterday first thing in morning - my mate landed 3 good ones on gulps. Out to the wreck off Rakino , only small ones  but found plenty snapper just south of Tiri in 30m - sliders, micros and softbaits did the damage. Nothing huge but just what we wanted.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:58pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wednesday.  Launched Takapuna at dead low: council workers cleaning the ramp.  Nice!  Fishing: repeat. Heaps of fish, not special size. 2 snaps and a Trev about 52cm and plenty in the 35-45 range. Kept enough for a couple of meals and a smoker full, rest returned.  Perfect weather conditions
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 8:32pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Kaveman Hornets again brmbrm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 8:45pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

Wednesday.  Launched Takapuna at dead low: council workers cleaning the ramp.  Nice!  Fishing: repeat. Heaps of fish, not special size. 2 snaps and a Trev about 52cm and plenty in the 35-45 range. Kept enough for a couple of meals and a smoker full, rest returned.  Perfect weather conditions

Nice one, always great to get a trev if you like sashimi etc. They go hard, too. 
I appreciate your regular trip reports, thanks for posting. I look out to sea when i'm stuck at the home 'office' working on these awesome weather days, and hope someone's making the most of it!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 9:49pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by BananaBoat BananaBoat wrote:

Kaveman Hornets again brmbrm

No, but a couple of other orange jigs.. Or dragged new penny grubs.  Or bottomship for a bit of variety.  Oly fished one rod at a time for a change :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 9:50pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

Nice one, always great to get a trev if you like sashimi etc. They go hard, too. 
I appreciate your regular trip reports, thanks for posting. I look out to sea when i'm stuck at the home 'office' working on these awesome weather days, and hope someone's making the most of it!!

Since October 1 I am 75% retired, work Tuesday.  Dont plan to go out at the weekends - leave that for the rest of you.

And yes the trevs do go well

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 4:48am
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

out off army baywed slow  going home with a feed 32s. 
Page  <1 384385386387388 393>