'SLAM '- who or what?

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'SLAM '- who or what?
    Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 4:41pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I see the soft bait fishing is now sponsored by SLAM. Anyone know what or who that is?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 5:05pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Softies Lure Auckland Metrosexuals........I could be wrong however Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 7:10pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Pass ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 7:48pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Stand by, the question has been passed "up the line".
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 9:36pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Slam is a new softbait on it's way to the shops - biodegradable & scented with Stimulate fish attractant as I understand it - sounds like it could be an interesting one to try in the near future.
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 6:10am
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Another one to add to the arsenal
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 8:34am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

....Do we have any pic's yet ?

Wonder what a good acronym for GULP would be ..............Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 8:36am
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

More Brands to buy bugger bigger tackle bag neededBig%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 9:18am
cod View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

how many more do we need.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 10:03am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Moocha Moocha wrote:

....Do we have any pic's yet ?

Wonder what a good acronym for GULP would be ..............Wink

PLUG ,  right into a big moochers mouth.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 10:19am
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

Slam is a new softbait on it's way to the shops - biodegradable & scented with Stimulate fish attractant as I understand it - sounds like it could be an interesting one to try in the near future.

Jeez... another one. Grunta, at no cost to anybody, if they want to send me a few hundred free samples I can do a West Coast assessment for SLAM.

Tell them the truth about what a big mouth I have and they should rush to ship 'em Big%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 10:30am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Agree with cod - aern't we reaching critical mass here?
Of course I'll probably be buying them too......
On a wet windy evening I get the entire stock out - roughly covering the entire living room.
Kids say "why do you have that stupid look on your face- and by the way you are dribbling"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 11:13am
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cod cod wrote:

how many more do we need.

Not many . ..  If any..............

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 11:29am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The more competition there is in the market, the better I reckon. Maybe it'll even bring down the prices on a couple of the other products... Dreams are free!

Went to check out some softies I'd heard about on Thursday before I went to Coromandel... Won't name the brand, but I'm buggered if I'm paying $11 for 1 x 9" soft bait! That is robbery, plain and simple!
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 11:29am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bringing baits out is probably the easy part,getting them on the shop walls is the hard part...shops like 100% mark up and they get that with the "bigger " companies...just my opinion no fact Wink well maybe a bit of fact.

Manufacturer 100% profit
Wholesaler 100% mark up
Retailer 100 % mark up
Fishermen = broke...thats the way of the world the rich  get fatter off 100% markups and the fisher men get fatter on pies LOL ....with no crusts of course
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 11:45am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

But we still buy them.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Damo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 11:50am
Damo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

so u wont be stocking them cod...dissappointingLOL

www.charterconnection.co.nz
Facebook: Diversity-Fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 11:57am
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Damo Damo wrote:

so u wont be stocking them cod...dissappointingLOL

What? crust-less pies?LOL

I think a certain someone spends enough time at the respective shops alreadyShockedWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Fishing Slut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 5:26pm
The Fishing Slut View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Theres definatly some price fixing going on with the likes of gulp.  Funny how you never see gulp in the big chain stores like Rebel who for some reason will discount the crap out of products I suppose to get some market share vs profits.  I suppose the likes of Gulp will go through the life cycle like everything else (look at Plasma TVs now vs 3 years ago) by then they will have us all sucked in on the next big thing.
Fishing Anytime Anywhere with Anyone
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 7:32pm
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Can all you tackle hoes try them out and let me know if they are any good.

I still have heaps of different ones to try out first.

They all are "my favourites one auw......"

Page  123 4>