'SLAM '- who or what?

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aharvnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 8:17pm
aharvnz View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Finatic Finatic wrote:

The more competition there is in the market, the better I reckon. Maybe it'll even bring down the prices on a couple of the other products... Dreams are free!

Went to check out some softies I'd heard about on Thursday before I went to Coromandel... Won't name the brand, but I'm buggered if I'm paying $11 for 1 x 9" soft bait! That is robbery, plain and simple!

Yes I saw some of that brand down here in Welly and thought who in their right mind would fork out that for just one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 8:04am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cod cod wrote:

how many more do we need.

Loads and loads. Especially if it drives the price down through increased competition.

Have you seen the gulp packets with only 4 baits for $12, fark that. If I could buy a bio degradable, sented bait from another brand cheaper then I want it on the shelves.

I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 4:39pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

holy hell pigletBig%20smile
finally!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 5:25pm
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

Bringing baits out is probably the easy part,getting them on the shop walls is the hard part...shops like 100% mark up and they get that with the "bigger " companies...just my opinion no fact Wink well maybe a bit of fact.

Manufacturer 100% profit
Wholesaler 100% mark up
Retailer 100 % mark up
Fishermen = broke...thats the way of the world the rich  get fatter off 100% markups and the fisher men get fatter on pies LOL ....with no crusts of course

That's the damn truth right there!!!

You fishing Waihi again this summer???
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sea-Sharpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 9:00pm
Sea-Sharpe View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

LOL nice one of2fsh...
"Who ate all the pies"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 11:38pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So, has anyone worked out who the hell SLAM is yet???
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 7:00am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

As I mentioned earlier Simon - the scent is Stimulate and those are the guys behind it. I'm still waiting for their PR - when it arrives you'll be the first to know.....  anyhow, good on them for sponsoring this forum.

Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 10:08am
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Simon should go well with with what you got last weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 3:58pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

SLAM is a new softbait coming to our market and the Australian market and is due for release around December 07.

These softbaits are made right here in NZ by the manufacturers of Stimulate.

They are a food/protein based bait and these WILL be a major competitor to the Gulp! range.

From what I have been told, I for one cannot wait to try these softbaits out!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whalerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2007 at 12:37am
whalerider View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went over to the Mount for a quick LB with the kids and forgot the click clack so I got some of that Ultrabite pheromone stuff that they put in Stimulate (along with a small assortment of the obligs). IMO the ultrabite is every bit as good as Gulp juice so I am VERY excited about this new SLAM bait. Haven't tried it with fresh bait yet but I can't see leaving it at home. Anyone had any experience with it? (Ultrabite)

Cheers! .
I HATE MISANTHROPISTS!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2007 at 8:29am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Clark Reid Clark Reid wrote:

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

Bringing baits out is probably the easy part,getting them on the shop walls is the hard part...shops like 100% mark up and they get that with the "bigger " companies...just my opinion no fact Wink well maybe a bit of fact.

Manufacturer 100% profit
Wholesaler 100% mark up
Retailer 100 % mark up
Fishermen = broke...thats the way of the world the rich  get fatter off 100% markups and the fisher men get fatter on pies LOL ....with no crusts of course

That's the damn truth right there!!!

You fishing Waihi again this summer???

Not going to waihi this year ,booked into whatawhiwhi in late feb..weathers been crap at christmas the last couple of years so i thought id hang about the hauraki gulf for christmas and have a holiday in feb
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2007 at 9:55am
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Let us kniow if you're in the area and we'll catch up for a beer !
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2007 at 9:40pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shure will Clark,hope to fish down that aways again
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 9:08am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There's a Stimulate product called Trigger. It is a gel that you smear on your softies, baits and other lures. It's got a tuna oil smell to it and has a fine glitter through it.

I was using Slug Go baits the other weekend and catching fish. They weren't really aggressive on the bite though. When I smeared this stuff on it was a different story
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2007 at 10:23am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Finatic Finatic wrote:

SLAM is a new softbait coming to our market and the Australian market and is due for release around December 07.

These softbaits are made right here in NZ by the manufacturers of Stimulate.

They are a food/protein based bait and these WILL be a major competitor to the Gulp! range.

From what I have been told, I for one cannot wait to try these softbaits out!
ok, it's December now---now where are they? LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 9:16am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Can't be too far away surely , I'd be keen to have a look see.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 9:44am
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Moocha Moocha wrote:

Can't be too far away surely , I'd be keen to have a look see.

Hahahahahahaha   Why why am I not at all surprised not even a little bitWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 9:52am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shhhhhh I likes new and shiny toys - that is all Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 3:38pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Patience people, patience! Santa only comes once a year... although you could be mistaken around these parts. Ho ho ho!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 3:11pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

I made a few enquireys around the traps this morning & it would seem December is now turning into January.

Can anyone tell me I'm wrong?

Page  <1234>