'SLAM '- who or what?

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 3:34pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I was told December could be the release date for Aussie. You know how it works. NZ = bottom of the food chain
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 3:40pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

I understood they were being manufactured here in Godzone.
Wonder why we can't get to see them first?Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 4:27pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't know why. Can't speak for the manufacturer because I don't know anything about their marketing strategy. I guess if it was me, my priority would be to get the product into the bigger market first.

We are just little fish in the softbait world.

Surely there won't be a large gap between us and them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 9:15am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Has anyone seen these baits yet ????
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 10:33am
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No, but it is the first time I have seen the advertisement (as now on fishing.net). Confirms the Ultabite relationship.
Seems like Uncle thoughts of January may be right - great marketing opportunity lost by missing Xmas I would say.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 10:22am
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Keith C Keith C wrote:

No, but it is the first time I have seen the advertisement (as now on fishing.net).

Does that link work for you though? It just directs me right back to the SP forums main page, could just be my browser or something though...?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 10:33am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Same for me Badfish

2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 3:05pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Same for me Badfish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 4:00pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Really? Man that link is great, all sorts of give aways and free stuff. There was 20 packets free to the first 10  to enter there details, I got 40 packets of SP's

Discount cards on offer, the list was huge with free stuff. To bad you guys cant see it.

na just kidding.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 4:03pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 7:16pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Slam is being marketed by Bite Time ltd, the manufacturers of Stimulate/Ultra-bite.  Last I heard, stock is apparently due here early January. The ad links back to the page at present as the website isn't completed.....   from all reports the baits will be worth waiting for.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 7:31pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You're too helpfull there Bushy

Cheers for that Grunta, I've never been good at waiting....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 7:34pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Can't wait!Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 8:23pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bushpig for marketing manager of Slam,giveaways every where Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Fishing Slut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2007 at 6:51pm
The Fishing Slut View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

See a section below from Mike at Coast to Coast in the "Complete Guide to Softies" thread.  Sounds good and it might finally put some price pressure onto gulp which wouldnt be a bad thing.

Finally, we have our hands on some Slam at last. The baits are outstanding. Several Coast to Coast writers will be getting them to test about now. Meantime Joe ran some a few days ago and reports that they outfished Gulp and that the fish really ate them, as in, chewed on the baits. Its taken two years to get them right and it looks like its been worth the wait. My information is that they will be cheaper than Gulp and with more product in the packet. I'm not certain exactly when they are due to hit the market here but expect it will be mid February
Fishing Anytime Anywhere with Anyone
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 3:01pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SNOWKIWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 5:03pm
SNOWKIWI View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I agree paddler, after spending ages looking at sites here in N.Z. and then in Ozzie and finally on E-Bay, No1 son tells me that he has been buying off fishing4less for ages, after checking out everywhere else. (Wish he'd told me) The only one that is cheaper for us up here in the North is Marinecentre in Paihia, and thats only because they send them in an envelope that costs only 60cents for postage! Bring on the competition I say, it can only be cheaper and therefore better for us poor sods that are at the very bottom of the food chain.
But it still escapes me how they can get such a tight price control over a product that is for sale all over the world!
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing, by people who can't fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Fishing Slut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 6:44pm
The Fishing Slut View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I guess thats why you dont see gulp in the chain stores like Rebel who were discounting their range of soft baits and all fishing gear by 25% in the boxing day sales you never see Gulp at $7.50 per pack.  I suppose it would be part of being a seller of the Gulp range its a bit like the oil companies set your prices the same and you all make a killing at the expense of the consumer.  Healthy competition is the only answer and hopfully Slams first marketing ploy is to buy market share by pricing competitivly and this will only work if it is in fact a quality product.
Fishing Anytime Anywhere with Anyone
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SNOWKIWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 6:59pm
SNOWKIWI View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah TFSlut, I called in to Rebel in Whangarei for their "BIG 25%", off sale, picked up a TICA SL100 rod & reel Combo which I thought I might use for SP's for a good price, even better when they only charged me for only one spool of Black Magic Braid insted of 2! Saved another $29.99 eh eh!,  but the only SP's they had were Storm & Exude in which I am not really interested , GULP all the way for me!  However, if the price is right and the baits are as good as wot iv'e read, then I for one will be trying a few of these Slams.
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing, by people who can't fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 7:07pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Will be interesting to see.
Gulp and squidgie (the smaller ones) well ahead of the others as far as I am cocerned.
Page  <1234>