Lake PUPUKE

Page  <1 23456 14>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 12:44pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Stika Stika wrote:

Well me night of fishing ( Friday night at Pumphouse jetty) Finished with One big one about 10kg Swan that stupid bird tangl up in my line. After that 2 hr of fishing and NIL. Not even bite. On the way to the car I seen 2 fish in the weeds. Look like carp but the original carp ( Brown/green)  Not sure what that was. Torch was little bit to soft on light.

Why they stop biting. ?? Who knows?

Will see next week. I want to get at least 3 fish to be smoked. in my new smoker.

Yes Stika.

The fishing at Pupuke has certainly slowed down over the last week or so.

As for the reason? I am inclined to think the "full moon" of late has a lot to do with it.

Then again we have to realise there are only a certain number of trout in the Lake & as presumably they are not breeding at Pupuke, then given the number of fish regularly being taken out, it only stands to reason it must slow down sooner or later.

Maybe it is a combination of factors, food for thought anyway.

Cheers

P.S. Does anyone know if the coarse fish breed in Pupuke?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 10:51am
Stika View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sure that RUDD does. This is a fish that breed ven in bucket of water. Not sure abot the rest of the fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 12:24pm
Rusky View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

bazza, all coarse fish breed in their.  Ive caught small juvenile perch.  Come to think of it, I havent seen any carp smaller than 4kg in the lake, so maybe they dont breed?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 12:52pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rusky, Remember that one we speared that had millions of eggs spewing out its arse when we got it on shore? I suppose this doesnt prove they breed but shows they still produce eggs.
Yeah all the Koi are big buggers in there eh. Who knows.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2007 at 12:56pm
Rusky View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hmmm true that!  Its that time of year that the koi start to mill around our spot from recollection.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 5:51pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Another day (Mon) of blanking.

Have to agree with Stika, the fishing really seems to have slowed down, altho one couple caught a fish using worms.

Ranger was checking licences etc. which is gratifying to see. Had trouble finding mine with so many pockets in the fishing vest, but located it finally.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 6:01pm
Rusky View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hahaha did you start to get sweaty palms bazza? Wink

I might go for a fish sometime this week and try for myself.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bearfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 9:37pm
bearfoot View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

CANT BELIVE YOU GUY S ARE CACTHIN TROUT UP THERE,
LIVED THER FOR 40 YEARS AND ONLY THOUGHT THERE WAS BROOK TROUT IN THE LAKE ???
USED TO GO COURSRE FISHING AT MURAWAI [HELTONS LAKE ]OLD MAN HELTONS WAS A GOOD SORT AND LET YOU ON SELWINS HIS NAME IF HES STILL ALIVE!!!
JUST SHUT THE GATES AND RESPECT HIS PROPERTY THAT ALL HE ASKS
GOOD PLACE TO GO IN THE SUMMER FOR A FISH WITH THE FAMILY,HEAPS OF RUDE ,TENCH ,NO TROUT THOU LAKES TO HOT FOR THEM THEY ALL DIE ,REALY GOOD PLACE TO TEACH YOUNGE KIDS TO FISH ,SOUTH WESTERN SIDE THEY TEND TO BREAD THE IN THE SUMMER TIME,NOVEMBER ON WARDS
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LICENCE THOU HE IS PART OF THE ACLIMITIZATION SOCITY[OR USEDED TO BE , AND IS A STICKER FOR THE RULES
TIP/// LITTLE DRY FLYS AND NYMPS WORK A TREAT HEAR ,ANY FLAVOR DOSENT SEAM TO MATER

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2007 at 11:12am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Anyone fished Pupuke recently?

If so how was the fishing?

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2007 at 11:32am
Stika View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fished the lake Friday 7th . One Trout 38sm. Not bad little fish. Thats all.
No more bites. No more activity.

Nice night to be out.
Will try to fish this week. Last 2 weeks the air is colder and that may be good indication for the trout to get on with it again.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2007 at 9:28am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Fished the lake Friday 7th . One Trout 38sm. Not bad little fish. Thats all.
No more bites. No more activity.

Nice night to be out.
Will try to fish this week. Last 2 weeks the air is colder and that may be good indication for the trout to get on with it again.

Thanks Stika for that update seems as tho the fishing is still very quiet.

Personally I have not been lately due to recent visits being such hard fishing, plus the weather has been atrocious on many days.

May go again soon & perhaps take my one man, personal fishing pontoon,
in order access different water & to maybe get a bit deeper.

Does anyone know if a fly rod using  a sinking line is suitable for jigging with a fly, in case I get desperate & also what depth of water does jigging work best?

Cheers

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 9:54am
Stika View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Last night fishing produced 2 trout. just a little ones. 25-30cm There was couple of Carp or gold fish about.
Will try this afternoon. Floating bait. Will see .

Good luct to you all.

PS: But as the summer aproaching fast the beaches are calling.
Need some Carp for snappa bait.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 9:18am
Stika View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Will try today. So may see you there fisherman.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 11:48am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Hi Stika

I may see you there late afternoon, all going well.

Hope the fishing has improved.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 6:46pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

Hi Stika

I may see you there late afternoon, all going well.

Hope the fishing has improved.

Two and a half hours in a freezing cold relentless wind for zilch result.

Three others there caught just as many as I did, which was of some small consolation.

In fact the only fish sighted was one of reasonable size that "hit" my indicator on the surface.

Whatever they are feeding on must be something different to a month ago, because they simply do want to know what was working then.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote samhadrios24554 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 11:52pm
samhadrios24554 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I love fishing,I really enjoyed it.
You ask question about 
the lake fish and is the fishing good, I had a link at which some very good material about lake fish and others more thing
www.fishfry.com/     
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 12:14pm
Stika View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thank you New User!

Fishing yestrday ( Shocking) 3 hr and nathing!!. 3 Asian man come in and start fishing everyone 2 rods and handline. Told them that this is not on. They just reply NO SPEAK ENGLISH. This is so wrong. And Fisheries dont do anything about this!

Bazza> Dont know what may work but I will try again and again.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 12:41pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Thank you New User!

Fishing yestrday ( Shocking) 3 hr and nathing!!. 3 Asian man come in and start fishing everyone 2 rods and handline. Told them that this is not on. They just reply NO SPEAK ENGLISH. This is so wrong. And Fisheries dont do anything about this!

Bazza> Dont know what may work but I will try again and again.

Stika you may be pleased to know Fish & Game are doing something & only this Tuesday, a person such as you describe faced charges in the Nth. Shore court for fishing Pupuke without a licence. Once word of this gets about, hopefully we will see less blatant infringements such as you outline.

I agree that the use of multiple rods or lines is a real problem & those doing so probably do not have licences either.

As a licence holders we are entitled question, then advise anglers we consider in breach of regulations, if they then refuse to desist, we can report their actions to F & G preferably at the time by cell phone, so possible immediate action can be taken.

Claiming not to be able to speak English, I am pleased to say has now worn really thin & a much tougher line is being taken in that regard.

Cheers 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 8:48pm
Stika View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Bazza> Sounds good. Hope that this will be now in past. And we can enjoy our fishing with out looking at people using 2-3 rods and be ignorant about that.
Fished the lake tonight 7-8pm . Got one nice size trout. So at least this was productive

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 7:31pm
Stika View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The lake is slow on fishing at the moment. I guess summer is coming and the fish getting ready. So will I. Salt water fishing season starting in 3 weeks.
Is anyone still catching trout?

Page  <1 23456 14>