Kingfish Seminar?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingfish Seminar?
    Posted: 16 Sep 2003 at 11:35am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

who of you lot will be attending the below seminar?

If you intend to be there please get a hold of Pat of Auckland Fishing Tackle and let him know to reserve your seat.

(09) 579 7901

Make sure you come up and introduce yourselves!

"Targeting Kingfish - 20th September

Mavis Bryant of Coromandel Fishing Safaris fame will be imparting information to participants on methods to successfully target New Zealand�s ultimate landbased trophy � the kingfish! Mavis consistently connects his clients to big kingfish from the rocks and will give attendees the good oil on how he does it. Baits and lures, habitats to look for, minimum gear requirements, times of the year and safety aspects will all be covered in this not-to-be missed session.

Matt Watson, like most if not all top game fishermen, "cut his teeth" on the sport by targeting kingfish and when he isn�t busy with marlin and broadbill swordfish, he often gets back to his roots and chases these hoodlums for his fix of tough-fish action. Matt regularly manages to tag and release a bakers dozen if not more on most outings and enjoys trying many different methods to tempt a kingfish to his hook. Matt will be covering all aspects of fishing for kingfish from a boat, including live baiting, jigging and trolling and, of course, where to look for the elusive kingies."

I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bjocque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2003 at 10:05pm
Bjocque View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yup, can't wait, got my new pencils and paper and ruler and pencil case and lunch box and ....... and........ and ........... LOL

looking forward to mavis's talk

<SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble();
FREEEEEEEEEEEE DOM; bugga, now i gotta get a job, anybody wanna pay me to go fishing lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2003 at 7:26am
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I can't wait either.

Looking forward to Mavis' talk too!
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2003 at 4:35pm
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone else coming along?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bjocque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2003 at 1:24pm
Bjocque View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

what time does it start? 6? <SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble();
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2003 at 2:54pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

5 pm sharp Bjocque...cya there!
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bjocque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2003 at 3:23pm
Bjocque View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

oh oh, better go have a bath NOW!!!! <SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble();
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2003 at 8:29am
Titanium
Titanium

Did you make it Bjocque? If so, I didn't get to meet you!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bjocque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2003 at 6:53pm
Bjocque View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yup was the diddle who brought the 2 rods at the auction - sold the 2 piece for what i paid for both of em so will keep the little extendable as a livie catcher - woulda loved to have gotten the other one that went for 70 too. who was the lucky b who got the trolling lures for 25 buck? good score! and the marlin/tuna lures.

Really enjoyed the chats given - matt, you can tell is a game fisherman (not knocking him at all) and mavis, well the man is an effing guru i think - another reason to move to whitianga when the puss runs out (puss = slang for my employer) - lotsa things to think about and try out from both of them - along with the notes from eric and bruce earlier

Big thanks to kerren and pat and all the people that put on the seminars - first 2 were my limit - really enjoyed them - MAAAAA        AAAAAAASSSSSS   SSSSIIIIIIIIVE GUYYS - certainly looking forward to more of similar

i got it wrong kerren - is 65lb braid not 65kg that i been using - i really must learn to read prooooperly - so i not as bad of as i thought <SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble();