Ramp And Water Access Data Base

Page  <1 34567 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 8:36am
Barfly View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Leave me some fish ROTOWARRIORS Smile I will be up there again this week.  You have been informed correctly re the sticky fingered sods out Matai Bay way - its not advised that you go past the entrance to the DOC camping ground - if you leave your vehicle on that track you may find it deliberately damaged on your return....Angry
  The ramp at Kaiangaroa North (northern side of Whangaroa harbour) looks pretty good - does anyone have any info on it?
Cheers everyone and have a happy New Year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 12:12am
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Houhora.
Game Club all tide concrete ramp.. drop off either side and subject to tidal current.. 
Can be slippery.. 

Good parking but a few mins walk up the hill.. 
Harbour well marked and 5 kn restrictions enforced...

The Gap as you leave the harbour entrance

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotowarriors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 10:58am
Rotowarriors View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Fishmn is that the Gamefishing club ramp or the other one???
cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 11:26am
The Gremlin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looking at the pictures it is the game fish club ramp not the commercial one down the road.
Nothing else to life but fishing and beer!.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotowarriors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 11:45am
Rotowarriors View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ta MK
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote top-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2008 at 8:00pm
top-mark View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hi guys. any boatie/trout fishers: out there know what the boat ramp Off Grays Road at the Haldon Boat Harbour, of lake benmore is like? report+pixs please. Cheers TM.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2008 at 8:59pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rangiputa.
Beach access with hard sand.. Limited parking roadside but plenty above high water mark..
(check your tides , see photo for parking)..

As you can see no problems for a larger boat

Parking above the high water mark..
Plenty of room along the whole beach as long as its NOT full tide where 4wd
would then be recommended.

The entrance to Rangaunu Harbour... (few mins from beach launch)
(Check your Hydro Maps or GPS for guidance for the locations of the bricks)

Around from the entrance and looking across Rangaunu Bay towards
Gt Exhibition Bay in the far right distance.
HouHora entrance and Mt Camel centre background.

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishabunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2008 at 9:58pm
Fishabunga View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi top-mark,

I suggest that you try the freshwater fishing forum .
FISH FIGHT AOTEAROA THE PEOPLES PROTEST
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 6:17pm
Andrew View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hey guys check out this we're about to launch the "north" section so if anyones keen on helping etc let me know.
http://www.projectlocal.co.nz/index.php/boatramps_beaches

www.projectlocal.co.nz Everything fishing,scuba diving and spearfishing in New Zealand.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 7:21pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

If you want to launch a boat at St Heliers in Auckland you will need a good 4WD that can cope with deep soft sand.  See below the photo of St Heliers Beach - ramp conspicuous by its absence.
This was a council stuff-up that took away a useful ramp after the beach was resanded.  The budget was $4.3 million for resanding, and they couldn't find $280,000 for a replacement ramp.  We haven't given up.  A team of determined fishos will eventually get the ramp back.  We're going to drive the beaurocrats mad with niggle niggle niggle until they cough up the $280K in exasperation.  PM me or email [email protected] if you'd like more info, or would like to join the niggle-team.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moki Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 7:09pm
Moki Marko View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hava look at: www.projectlocal.co.nz
I'm sure Andrew would love to get all these pictures for the website, it' s still under construction but looks great.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2008 at 12:24pm
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Have a look at the work Haydan has done on tagging ramps in Google Earth.  He has created a topic in " General Fishing Topics > Hints, tips and tech stuff!> Google Earth - Boat Ramps" 

Looks like a good means of presenting a lot of the valuable info available.  (not that I have had a play with Google Earth really).

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 2:01pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi all, does anyone have pics and/or advise on the One Tree Point boat ramp at Whangarei? I'm pretty sure its concrete but any further advise or pics would be appreciated. Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wnw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 3:12pm
wnw View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

jackel.....use the new marina at One Tree Point. Good ramp...no swell....good parking
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 6:52pm
DIY! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Guys this is gold! does any one have info for kuaotuna?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 8:56pm
The Gremlin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by DIYchick! DIYchick! wrote:

Hi Guys this is gold! does any one have info for kuaotuna?

I will try and post some pic's tomorrow.
Nothing else to life but fishing and beer!.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramprage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 9:29pm
ramprage View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I Should tell ya, as it only will encourage all the people from Whitanga and Matarangi, as it is
I find it easier to drop the ute and trailer back home over the holidays, and call up and get someone to meet us at the ramp.
1st of all its not a good ramp at low tide, especially if you have a boat over 5m plus, two reasons. (1) very little water at the ramp and you will be backing your car in to salt water
(2) People coming in cant tell how many people are waiting to get there boats out
or people wanting to get out due to the break water wall, and its amazing how many people think they have R.O.W when coming in.
When leaving the ramp prefabley 2 hrs either side of low tide, head to the first Rock that has a marker on it. turn hard to home bay at the Mercs keeping the two markers on the
hill side in line with the marker on the rock (this gives you three points), to the Left
10 yard out is a massive rock, which just breaks the water line at low tide. Chewed many a prop that on. Rocks to the right of you also, so don't over stare. Best time to go out
is in the evening, go out 400m on dusk, slightly to the right of the point and line up home bay, plus less people and no pressure to put your boat in or out. Just REMEMBER to have
plenty of patience over Xmas time, there's been enough punch up's on this ramp
Sorry I dont have any pictures, but I believe the best time to take them is at low
tide about 10 oclock when the wind get's up, people are coming in and people
are tring to get out, its better than buying a ticket to watch the All Blacks play
 at Eden park.
When the going gets tough...the tough
keep going
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 9:42pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Good summary Scottie - here's a pic to go with that....

Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 9:55pm
kens View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by ramprage ramprage wrote:

Just REMEMBER to have
plenty of patience over Xmas time, there's been enough punch up's on this ramp
Sorry I dont have any pictures, but I believe the best time to take them is at low
tide about 10 oclock when the wind get's up, people are coming in and people
are tring to get out, its better than buying a ticket to watch the All Blacks play
 at Eden park.

If the easterly comes in at simpsons over the break and I get bored I may wander over to watch a bit of sport Tongue
The past, the present and the future walked into a bar.

It was tense.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishermanRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 12:28pm
FishermanRay View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Seaview Marina Wellington is my fav lauunch with a floating pontoon and acess so easy at high or low tides,washdown facilities and toilets there also .All in costs $8 to launch or $115 for a season pass,pay as you enter machine or card swipe .

Smile
Page  <1 34567 10>