Chat Room

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kylie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chat Room
    Posted: 05 Sep 2003 at 10:16pm
Kylie View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Any thoughts of putting up a chat room Kerren ??
If the world didn't suck we'ed all fall off!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2003 at 10:30pm
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have been thinking about this, there is a great irc channel around which a lot of fishos use, to the point where there is complaints ........."not fishing again" I will tell the owner to get hold of kerren

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kylie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2003 at 10:46pm
Kylie View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

If any technical help or contacts are needed re network / hosting engineering just let us know via PM or on the boards.  Been playing in this place since 1993
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2003 at 9:21am
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

please no chat rooms. please. cheers john
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HELLFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2003 at 9:41am
HELLFISH View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Chat software is notorious for picking up viruses... Great thought but... I'll have to pass.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2003 at 10:17am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This has been discussed in the past. The general consensus was that if the discussions were in chat a lot of good information would be missed by those not on line at the time.

By having the topics in posts you can come on at anytime and see what has been discussed. Also you can go back at relook at topics or copy and paste them if you want to keep some information.

The idea of having a chat room open for an hour or two one day/night per wek was also discussed. The idea of having a guest and having a question and answer session ws the idea behind this. That is something for the future I think. A lot to put onto Kerren when he does all of this for free in his own time.

I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2003 at 11:58am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi ya Kylie et al.

As stated by the Pig we have talked about the idea of chat rooms and it was decided that topic forums are the best answer....most chat rooms tend to be over populated by juveniles or at least juvenile attitdues plus the fact that those not online potentially miss out on the good stuff.

keep the ideas flowing thou....thanks!

I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kylie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2003 at 10:43pm
Kylie View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cheers Just thought I'd mention it

Case closed

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jacksprat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 10:15am
Jacksprat View Drop Down
New User
New User

yea a chat room would be great if you guys could get one we wouldent have hunt around for the the message board that we posted at if ya know what i meen we could just type and then they just type back e.g

lop:hi

ky:yo

so a chat room would be great

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paul M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2003 at 11:18am
Paul M View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

problem is Jacksprat that chat rooms are real time.

If you ask a question and it isn't answered by any of the say 12 people online at the time you won't get an answer full stop.

If your having trouble locating your posts do a search on author using "Jacksprat". In f**k all time you will have a list of every thread you have ever contributed to. easy as.