Bluewater Boats

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluewater Boats
    Posted: 18 May 2007 at 7:59pm
fitzy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

After the annual tour of the boat show today yet again came away super impressed with the Bluewater Boats built in West Auckland. Seem like really good design and outstanding build quality with plenty of indvidual input into the boats. The 6.8 model is the best of that size I have ever seen.

Would be interested in others comments / feedback re these boats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 7:25pm
Jordo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Disclaimer: They are a client of mine, they hire their sales office from me for the boat show each year.
There was a boat test printed in Propeller Mag, last year I think, but not the 680. Good strong boats, built to handle the rough, thick alloy used everywhere much like the AMF and similar brands.
It's a son & father business, Gary is the dad, can't remember son's name, but he used to work for Bluefin years ago when they had their great reputation, now Sportcraft(Scorpian) own the Bluefin name.
I was out at the factory in Keeling Rd, Henderson 10 days before the boat show and saw that boat. As I pulled up outside, I thought it was a glass boat at first glance, despite knowing they are alloy deigners and builders.
That 680 was built on spec so is for sale if it didn't sell at the show. Their ph # is (09) 837-6376.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote vermin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 9:52pm
vermin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

i used to own a 610 portafio hard top. great boat - thought it could have been a little sharper in the nose though. know someone who has had a 580 built and they sharped the nose and i reckon it rides better than the 610 did. the boat name measurements are water line lengths so the 680 is a big boat. had to sell as needed the cash but would buy another. gary and paul - nice guys to work with when it was being built
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Oceanwavesail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 1:42am
Oceanwavesail View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Find a comprehensive range of sailboat data and information you need of over 10000+ boats to meet your needs.

Web - https://oceanwavesail.com/sailing-boats-data/