Whats ya RIG?

Page  <1 7172737475 77>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 7:39am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now we have moved to the west coast and easier parking we are considering doing the same. Not as flash or new, just as well powered thu.
Really nice rig there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 9:22pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nephews self xmas present.Stabi 1850. Powered by 115 evnirude 2 stroke,been tested by dealer and had a prop change. Apparently has some auto trim system,no idea how it works.

'

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mejiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 10:20pm
Mejiro View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

She's a bloody nice looking boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 7:19am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Still needs to go back when upholsterer opens to have clears fitted and road cover made. 
he still undecided what type of out riggers, fixed or telescopic that fit in to rod holders. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 9:00am
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

he should name it 'The Punisher'
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 4:33pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

PJC that engine cowling looks like something from a future sci fi action movie :-)

Love the new stabi hulls. Was looking at a new 1450, but they have sold out till mid 2021 back in November. They seem to have gone back to having a large deadrise, similar to Ospreys. Gorgeous looking boat and HT considering all that in a sub 20ft hull. Really nice :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote amelinium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 1:51am
amelinium View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We picked up our new wonder yesterday. It is a custom 6.1 meter Sea Ranger hardtop. 2010 Yammie four-stroke 150 HP, Furuno 587 sonar with 1 kW TM260 tranny and Navman chartplotter. Built very solidly for measurements - fuselage 6mm, sides 5mm, nice beam (approx. 240 cm) and apparently weight approx. 1900 kg. A fine boat for Cook Strait conditions here in Welly!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 5:56am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Wow, sounds like a great beast you have there Amelinium
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:43am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

photos Amelinium! Sounds the business!!
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote markhnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 4:07pm
markhnz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

It's a small world, Amelinium! That is my old boat when I used to live in Wellington! It's a great rig - had many good deepwater sessions in the Cook Strait on her!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote markhnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 4:15pm
markhnz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Here’s my rig I got a week ago. A new Kiwi Kraft 585 HT, with Yammie F150, hands free drum winch, Garmin sounder, custom vinyl, and live bait tank.
She will be used in Tasman Bay and D’urville Island.
Haven’t had her in the water yet, but have heard great things about the ride of Kiwi Krafts.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Almo1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:51pm
Almo1960 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Stabicraft 1450 Profish with seat upgrade, Hook Reveal 9TS, GME VHF, Yamaha F50LBwith 6Y8 Gauges, DMW Trailer.

Absolutely Love it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Tortise01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 2:06pm
Tortise01 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nothing compared to a lot of the previously posted ships, but ..

bought my son and I, a Surtees 4,7 Center Console 3 weeks ago.
75 Merc on the business end.
Lowrance HDS 
Very dry ride.

Next on the list, a drum winch (etc, etc).

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nick-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 3:13pm
Nick-D View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice man! Almost bought this myself but ended up with a 485 workmate instead. So far very impressed,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mejiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 3:02pm
Mejiro View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

very nice
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 12:08pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tortise01 Tortise01 wrote:

Nothing compared to a lot of the previously posted ships, but ..

bought my son and I, a Surtees 4,7 Center Console 3 weeks ago.

Its not about the size or the cost, its about loving boats of all shapes and sizes and varying hull technology along with juicy engines and "Fruit".

I bet your son is as proud as punch. One of the most practical 1 man launching fishing vessels in NZ.

And how much he must love his dad, that is overtly generous Bro, onya !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 12:14pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Almo1960 Almo1960 wrote:

Stabicraft 1450 Profish with seat upgrade, Hook Reveal 9TS, GME VHF, Yamaha F50LBwith 6Y8 Gauges, DMW Trailer.

Absolutely Love it.

We were looking all summer but prices were ridiculous so we kept the RIB. But can now afford up to $30k which has widened a lot of options.

This is one I have been considering. Wow they sold out early, 6 month wait and all that.

So how do you find it? Do you have any experience in the 1410 to give reference too?

The big changes were the single plate used inside for the floor to remove the upward angled sides of the floor, seating at the front (which some people have not liked, but I personally only see positives on them) and the newer arrow hulls. 

Have you found you can still lean against the seats up front when playing a fish etc? I imagine they dig into your shins or are they knee height? Either way I think they were a good addition. Lovely boat mate.

May I ask what your total spend was, just for reference? Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Almo1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 2:39pm
Almo1960 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

Originally posted by Almo1960 Almo1960 wrote:

Absolutely Love it.

We were looking all summer but prices were ridiculous so we kept the RIB. But can now afford up to $30k which has widened a lot of options.This is one I have been considering. Wow they sold out early, 6 month wait and all that.
So how do you find it? Do you have any experience in the 1410 to give reference too?The big changes were the single plate used inside for the floor to remove the upward angled sides of the floor, seating at the front (which some people have not liked, but I personally only see positives on them) and the newer arrow hulls. 
Have you found you can still lean against the seats up front when playing a fish etc? I imagine they dig into your shins or are they knee height? Either way I think they were a good addition. Lovely boat mate.
May I ask what your total spend was, just for reference? Cheers.

The boat cost $32795 including all the above. It also comes with a free 70L  Icey Tek Fish Bin with one half padded. 
Additional: Bimini & flooring which I fitted.

I tie the Fish Bin up the front which puts it at waist height and shifts some weight forward. I have had mates go sit up there and fish on calmer days.
The photo attached is how I have the inside setup. Most of the time i'm solo but could fish three. One out the back, two front.
The seating area up front is brilliant in my opinion. Makes boarding easy and great for larger group. The rails are at knee height.

I'm a busy fisher person and carry a few different setups so one or two extra vertical rod holders up front would have been good but this is easily fixed.

I absolutely love it, it has loads of floor area. Great ride, stable & safe.

They are a little bum heavy with the 50HP & 50 litres of fuel so I fitted transom wedges on the advice of Whitiangler..
Gene was super helpful and his youtube videos of the boat definitely influenced my decision. 
As a 60 year old who predominately fishs solo the stabi gives me huge confidence.
Best fishing boat I've had to date.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 3:08pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

A friend of mine has a 1450 Stabi and it's a great boat. Yours must absolutely fly with 50hp on it
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Almo1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 3:34pm
Almo1960 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

A friend of mine has a 1450 Stabi and it's a great boat. Yours must absolutely fly with 50hp on it

Yes it does, thanks to Hamish Wilton from Wiltons Marine in Mangonui.
He did a great job on getting the prop sorted correctly. Highly recommend those guys.
Hamish races offshore Power Boats so I had total confidence in him.
Page  <1 7172737475 77>