Whats ya RIG?

Page  <1 6869707172 77>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote monty b142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:32pm
monty b142 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hi, does any one know much about the Dorado 5.0 centre console boats , are they any good .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 6:53pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by miahd miahd wrote:

She's an Extreme 745 Centre Console with a 250HP Honda on the back. She's got two Raymarine MFDs, Fusion stereo, Hella lights and a SEAKEEPER - the smallest boat in the world to be fitted with one!

Whoah, the extremes with flooding keels are already nice and steady at rest. A Seakeeper seems a bit extreme on a trailer Power boat? haha

They are like $30k just for the smallest Seakeeper. 

Dont get me wrong, I bet its awesome at rest, nothing else compares to a seakeeper, its like there are no waves or side chop. 

Would be nice if they could build an affordable small one for the majority of trailer boats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote CoastalStan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:29pm
CoastalStan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

My 6 metre White Pointer that I’ve upgraded the trailer and motor this year. Pretty happy with the performance of the Honda 150.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:03pm
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice upgrade, what top speed you getting out of the Honda 150 on that set up?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CoastalStan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:10pm
CoastalStan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

It’s around 36-38 knots@6200 rpm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:23am
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very nice, full respect to White Pointers and with a Honda donk, NICE !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Justice13.6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:51am
Justice13.6 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Our little fizz boat... Just had it out of the water for Antifoul, new props and some general tinkering.. 
The new props are much bigger and we are now reaching the hull speed with ease and cruising nicely.

13.6M X 6.2M Malcolm Tennant..
500HP - FD6 Turbo Diesel.
22Kts Top, 16Kts Cruise.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 10:34pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Justice13.6<br><div><br></div><div>13.6M X 6.2M Malcolm Tennant..<br>500HP - FD6 Turbo Diesel.<br>22Kts Top, 16Kts Cruise.</div><div><br><br></div>
[/QUOTE Justice13.6

13.6M X 6.2M Malcolm Tennant..
500HP - FD6 Turbo Diesel.
22Kts Top, 16Kts Cruise.

[/QUOTE wrote:

I was going to ask performance as soon as I saw it. I was looking at a similar sized Ally Cat the other day. Nice.

I bet that has some spac

I was going to ask performance as soon as I saw it. I was looking at a similar sized Ally Cat the other day. Nice.

I bet that has some space on the interior, is it tidy inside? Would love to see some photos of the grand machine and its interior. Does it have a wet seperate Shower and Toilet etc?

Great thing about these cats and sitting on the sand. :-) Its not on that little bay between westmere and hern bay where they sell the strawberries in summer? See a lot of boats sitting on their hulls there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marlinmarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 8:40am
marlinmarty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That boat is on the tutukaka slipway.

Was owned by grant alexander i thought.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 2:39pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good spotting. Certainly the newly decorated (eeek) Oceans hotel should have told me that :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cornish Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 7:31pm
Cornish Jim View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi

I thought I was the only person rolling in a jet as I have never seen another one on the slipway.
I have an Osprey 590 with the 240 Sportjet, similar to the Senator. I agree with everything you say about how they handle. Goes like a missile on the flat, ok into chop but a bit sketchy at an angle across a following sea. Also will turn on the spot in the surf.
I love mine albeit a bit noisy. What fuel do you put in yours?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smiddy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 1:43pm
Smiddy101 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Diesel powered Mclay, just done a heap of work to it and will be back on the market in February after the holiday season
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:49pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Smiddy101 Smiddy101 wrote:

Diesel powered Mclay, just done a heap of work to it and will be back on the market in February after the holiday season

Good choice imo. Im looking at a 20ft Smuggler that had from memory a 200hp diesel.

Not about speed, if you out wide you want cheap fuel and that where diesel comes into its own. They are also relatively easy to work on in the box at the back format. BUT they are not easy or cheap fix or maintenance. Im lucky my uncle would do mine for a box of beers

Im getting itchy to go back to a large bluewater boat. RIBs are great, but big solid glass is such a nice ride in almost any sea.

Interesting paneling on the ally on your Mclay I believe it helps with any spray with continuous chine type effect....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mejiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 6:26pm
Mejiro View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi, I'm trying to upload some new photos and it won't work, is there a program I need on my PC?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 6:37pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Mejiro Mejiro wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to upload some new photos and it won't work, is there a program I need on my PC?

Negative, click on icon that looks like a photo with an arrow, will then get opportunity to upload photos from your pc.

Look forward to seeing your waka.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 6:55pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Also you need to click on "post reply", not use the quick reply box, to get the option to upload photos.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mejiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 8:16pm
Mejiro View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

That is a beautiful boat, love the trailer too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 3:14am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by yknot yknot wrote:

Negative, click on icon that looks like a photo with an arrow, will then get opportunity to upload photos from your pc.

Look forward to seeing your waka.

I cannot download photos in explorer have to use chrome click post reply then icon available
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mejiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 8:32pm
Mejiro View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mejiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 9:36pm
Mejiro View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Trying again from my phone, 94 Alicraft Centurion. I just replaced the original 115 Evinrude with an 07 Optimax only done 212 hours. I decided to change the look a bit and painted the sides
Page  <1 6869707172 77>