Who is using baitcasters?

Page  <1234 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JonnyBlaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 10:25am
JonnyBlaze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

there is also a Curado 300DSV which has more capacity and 7kg drag!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Accident Prone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 10:38am
Accident Prone View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah I was looking at that option but was an extra US$50, and with all the bits n pieces I have been buying lately I had to draw the line somewhere so I went with the 200D.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote uglyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 4:00pm
uglyfish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

All those having problems with their viento drags need to set the magnetic anti-backlash control to off when storing them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 4:13pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by fisho2 fisho2 wrote:

All those having problems with their viento drags need to set the magnetic anti-backlash control to off when storing them.

OK you got me now tell me whyConfused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 4:44pm
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fisho2 fisho2 wrote:

Does that cause them to run rough? It is definately coming from that area and not the drive unit as when I take the spool out it sound and feels great!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote uglyfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 5:52pm
uglyfish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I used to store mine with the magforce on and with the drag backed off.But I found after a few uses that when I tighten the drag that the spool would either not wind or was very sticky.I sent the reel back and after servicing no faults were found.Problem continued.Retailer replaced the reel with another brand new viento.After one use I had the same problem.I new that the problem was not from misuse and felt that reel had not failed,after spending some time playing around with it I decided to set the magforce to off and this seemed to help.I have now stored it for some time and used it again the problem has not re-occured.Hope this helps.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 5:58pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is interesting Approve

cheers for that Fisho2......I still want one Thumbs%20Up and if thats all it takes to maintain them and not run rough its a small thing..........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 6:01pm
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers fisho2 that is a great help!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -mAdfis HO- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2007 at 7:14am
-mAdfis HO- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah thanks fisho2 will try it, but it's usually always off for casting and I don't touch it. 
FiShInG rOcKs! ChEeRs -mAdfis HO-

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2007 at 6:48pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Talking to local tackle pimp (as you do) and faster than BA de-flowering a Marlin virgin I had a Daiwa Luna in my hands....now these are a sweet wee reel... over 7kg of drag and loads of gold bling.

The little one 203 (or 103 can't quite remember as i was mesmerized by the quality and gold)  has the usual teeny weeny bait caster handle but the bigger fella in 253 flavour has the XOS baitcaster for man sized hands (and not a Bass in sight LOL) but not shown on the website.

http://www.daiwa.com/Reel/baitcasting.aspx

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2007 at 3:37pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

...guess no one has one of the wee beasties huh.....Bugger

Found this from the Aussie boys on them...interesting stuff

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=98115

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Martini Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2007 at 4:47pm
Martini Max View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks like a calcutta 200 in yellow. I've read somewhere that ****mano and daiwa are like crossed fingers..
 Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2007 at 6:56pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hmmm theres a thought Bob.... a Calcutta.

I wonder what the differences  are between the Luna (9lb drag) and Calcutta (TE 200 drag 11.4lb) or personal preference yet again , low profile vs conventional bait casters....

The great Daiwa vs Shimano debate once again..........cool Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 9:57am
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I use a 400b calcutta spooled with 4kilo Rapala tiatnium braid. Although a bit bigger than low profile bait caster it is magic. Can cast it just as far if not further than any small spin reel I own. Has enough stopping power for that un expected biggun that comes along and it universal, can be used for all types of fishing. It sits on a Shimano T curve 6-8kilo spin rod with a pistol grip. Faaaarking awesome combo. Have stopped some good size snaps and rats with it. Plus some decent skippies and a 6kilo albie
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 9:58am
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fisho2, Madfis ho and others with the Daiwa Viento (and maybe it is not as smooth as originally).

Just replaced the bearing under the star drag for $25 (running smooth as now). Salt water got under it and it went real quick. I now spray a squirt of Inox under there after each trip!! Have asked them to look into sealed bearings!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -mAdfis HO- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 5:01pm
-mAdfis HO- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Snap. Took my reel into fishcity da other day and he took it apart and said there was to  much grease and water in it. said i shoudn't spary it with water just give it a wipe with wet rag. How do you clean yours? I'll ask the dude  about the bearing as well. sending it back to get a new spring and a service
FiShInG rOcKs! ChEeRs -mAdfis HO-

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 6:16pm
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I spray it with a mist and then wipe it and then spray with inox.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 6:33pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

more Daiwa bling...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 6:39pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Do you think they will be able to easily source the sealed/enclosed bearings for the Viento Snap ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 6:54pm
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Na I doubt it!
Page  <1234 5>