What I Bought Today

Page  <1 388389390391392 393>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:50am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

JM Evo Fallings 53BUL PE 1.5 - 4  80-260 JIG  20 kg @ 60 degrees

Xmas present to myself, will be my go to rod for light jigging and large snapper.

A little bit longer than my other heavier rigs and quite flexible, good for the large west coast snapper in at present.

Smile
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:15pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Seem to have had a bit of a TAS attack recently. I'm relapsing! 

Zman 5" Curly Tailz - why do Ocean Angler not import these?

Plano Edge Flex 3600 tackle box - again, not available in NZ. I've been very impressed with the standard Edge boxes. A must for OCD anglers.

Storm Biscay Shads - been using these for kingfish with some success, but don't let them near the seabed as the snapper will rip the sh*t out of them in no time. Not available in NZ.

Ordered from Anglers Warehouse in Aussie. I've not dealt with them before, but hopefully it'll work out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:13pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work, MB. Love those 5" curly tailz!! Wink

Anglers Warehouse is excellent to deal with in my experience - never had an issue. It's a physical store in a light commercial area of Tweed Heads, with a significant online operation, and family operated. I went in on a family holiday about three years ago to buy a fairly cheap Shimano travel spin rod to use while I was over there, and met the owner.

When I got a wrong packet of Z Mans one time they quickly just sent the right ones at no cost to me.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote jac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:59pm
jac View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

2nd that they’re great to deal with😉
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:59pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

MB have you seen Kavemans 140mm curly tails.

https://kavemantackle.co.nz/product/curly-tail/

I brought a shimano Blackout slider rod with the nibble tip, gave it a run today and quite impressed. Hard day out at the 50 metre mark but came home with dinner.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:16am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Anglers Warehouse is excellent to deal with in my experience - never had an issue. It's a physical store in a light commercial area of Tweed Heads, with a significant online operation, and family operated. I went in on a family holiday about three years ago to buy a fairly cheap Shimano travel spin rod to use while I was over there, and met the owner.

When I got a wrong packet of Z Mans one time they quickly just sent the right ones at no cost to me.

Originally posted by jac jac wrote:

2nd that they’re great to deal with😉

That's good to hear, cheers. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:19am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

MB have you seen Kavemans 140mm curly tails.

https://kavemantackle.co.nz/product/curly-tail/

I'll check them out, Kaveman jigs are my favourite for snapper.

...came home with dinner.

That's all that matters, and having a good day on the water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 7:39am
RockCrashing View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Zodiac Cadet Aero. In the end i've decided inflatable is the best choice as a tender, small & compact. 
Got also new bbq for boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 6:07pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Seem to have had a bit of a TAS attack recently. I'm relapsing! 

Zman 5" Curly Tailz - why do Ocean Angler not import these?

Plano Edge Flex 3600 tackle box - again, not available in NZ. I've been very impressed with the standard Edge boxes. A must for OCD anglers.

Storm Biscay Shads - been using these for kingfish with some success, but don't let them near the seabed as the snapper will rip the sh*t out of them in no time. Not available in NZ.

Ordered from Anglers Warehouse in Aussie. I've not dealt with them before, but hopefully it'll work out.

Parcel arrived today (20 days). Excited? Yes! Anglers Warehouse shipped same day as ordering, but deliveries from everywhere are taking quite a long time to arrive. Anyway, Anglers Warehouse got the order spot on and the items are perfect for what I have in mind. Merry Christmas to me! Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:20pm
Gold
Gold

Got myself nice little present today and going to use tomorrow Cool Smile
Daiwa Exist 4000 LT D-C

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:41pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went down to the local 2nd hand shop today and walked away with four fishing books and a DVD .

There hasn't been a running total for quite some time now , but I can add my $5 purchase Wink

COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 5:34pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Some classics there!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:32pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Old Geoff Thomas, what a legion.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 7:24pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Old Geoff Thomas, what a legion.

he's not that old~~well compared to me
LOL
good score Skoti
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 8:07pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

that Tony Orman book really got me excited about fishing when i was young - i think it really cemented my interest in the adventure of it
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 7:03am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

(yet another) outboard flag LOL
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 7:41am
Gold
Gold

Installed new rodholders over the weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 4:24pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

After selling the little V13 and looking and looking and annouying "Kandrew" finally took the plundge on a Glascraft 1970s 16ft  with a Mariner 90hp 2005 with 105hrs on the meter.(do you trust them??)A few litle things need attention,fitting supplied vhf/ariel. Replacing a few rollers replace anchor chain warp.Maybe make some squabs(wife might get friendly on a slow day)Wink Undiced to paint anti skid on cockpit floor or use rubber matting?Has the usual scratches.Will need 2nd tank.Lowrence FF of some description, stereo.

Had boat builder mate check for soft spots and found none,motors ,no sign of movement on transom.Ran motor he seems confident on hrs(races stock cars etc)Just had 100hr service.So paid the money and took a chance.

Photos to follow if it stops raining
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 4:58pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by RockCrashing RockCrashing wrote:

Installed new rodholders over the weekend.

What's the push button for?

Nice one PCJ, looking forward to the photos
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RockCrashing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 5:11pm
Gold
Gold

Page  <1 388389390391392 393>