Wellington Yakkers

Page  <12345 380>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yakity Yaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 5:14pm
Yakity Yaker View Drop Down
New User
New User

Yes we are looking at starting up a kayak fishing club here in Wellington.

We have a evening on wednesday the 18th of April at the shop with Pete lamb from Pete Lamb fishing.

Any one interested call the shop ph 04 4776911 or email us on [email protected]

speak to Andy or Jim
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yakity Yaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 5:17pm
Yakity Yaker View Drop Down
New User
New User

Thanks Mike for the plug regarding the pete lamb fishing night.  See you there. 

Jim
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2007 at 7:33pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi everyone

just want to say thanks to Jim (yakity yaker) at the canoe and kayak shop for the evening with pete lamb last night. was a good mix of refreshing old fishing ideas and new stuff. especially about the habits of fish in the welly region and which areas to go for which species. had a good chat to a few other yak fishers and looks like there will be a reasonable turnout on Anzac day for the fish at Titahi bay. Jim is also sounding out interest in getting a kayak fishing club going here in welly so will keep in touch re that.

for those attending the Taranaki fishing contest good luck and also for those doing the double good luck for that as well

Regards Erik 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2007 at 12:41pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How did ANZAC day go everyone? Did you get out and into a few? I'm keen to hear if the club idea is coming together ok. There is a community hall in Breaker Bay that might be worth checking out as a venue if people are interested.  I have just started using soft plastics on Wellingtons SOuth coast and boy do they go off! Lots of fun...and pretty easy way to catch decent sized fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2007 at 4:18pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Davo

yes the club is sort of coming together slowly. Jim from the canoe and kayak shop here in wellington is also getting involved.

on that line we went out on anzac afternoon to titahi bay for a get together and a fish. about 15/16 people turned up from levin thhrough to wellington and the hutt valley. not a lot caught but was a good gathering. interesting to see the different yaks and there setups as well.

will keep everyone posted as to the progress for the club.

might have to pop out and have a fish davo. i try and get out at least once a week at this stage with mixed results from the harbour. lots of kahawai and red and blue cod. with a lot of shark as well

regards Erik
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 8:11pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Davo

Just bought a few soft plastics myself. How are you fishing them and what are you catching.

Was planning to paddle out around Makara and drift while bouncing a few, have been getting the odd decent snapper bait fishing out that way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 10:18pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi all

anyone get out today???

went for a spin on the harbour this morning didnt want to stay out to long so no gear just for a paddle. man that southerly sure makes it cold work out  there. left from the hutt river as per usual and headed for soames isl. went around the marker bouys and headed back. bit of a head wind on the way out but a nice easy run back with the tail wind. a bit cool to sit out there fishing but looks like the kahawai are still in the harbour

regards Erik
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:02pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi everyone

if the weather holds is anyone keen for a fish on sunday morning??

sat is out at  this stage with three kids in sports and the wife working so guess who is the taxi

regards Erik
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 10:51pm
tawa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hi erik,
always keen 4 a fish but,  sunday is the day after opening morning so ...!
pm me and try for a later date, cheers  peter
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sooshee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:00pm
sooshee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Erik/Tawa, can't make Sunday but am planning to go out on Saturday morning if the weather is kind.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 10:18am
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi All

saturday is going to be a non event for me while winter sports is on as i coach/ref/courier kids pretty much all day and my wife works on saturdays.

so looks like ill be on my lonesome in the harbour again. looking to get a smoker full of kahawai weather permitting of course. if its foul will just go for a paddle to see how the new prowler plays in the rough

regards Erik 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 7:39pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi everyone

Jim from the canoe and kayak shop at ngarunga has organised a meeting to discuss the setting up of a wellington kayak fishing club
registar at the shop or at [email protected]

lets get some numbers and get the club up and running

regards Erik
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 8:03pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Sooshee

Where are you planning on paddling on Saturday morning?

. I'm probably heading out to Makara if the weathers good. Have been catching heaps of snaps boat fishing well within an easy paddle range so keen to ramp up yaking efforts before they dissapear for the winter.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 7:20pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

so how did the weekend go guys??

mine went as follows

sons soccer game won 1 - 0
daughters first netball game  won 13 - 2
daughters second netball game won 15-1
second daughters netball game won 6 - 2
second daughters second netball game won 3 - 0

sunday fish 2 small kahawai returned

regards Erik
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sooshee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 7:26pm
sooshee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

At least you went out fishing Erik. Plan was to have a go with slab on Saturday but got smitten with the flu.Unhappy

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 7:31pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

you going tomorrow night sooshe???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 2:00pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi all

once again a primo day in Wellington and i spent the morning out on the harbour getting plenty of kahawai. no wind and very little current. lots of sun and plenty of boats out. was a bit of a laugh seeing all the yachts stranded. offered a tow to one but they werent that amused.

regards Erik 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 9:16pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Boys

Have nutted out a great terakihi reef an easy 300m paddle off the south coast. I'm gunna revisit it Friday given a good fowardcast.

Any takers for some company?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 9:55pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

How are you Welli guys going with starting a yak fishing club?????

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sooshee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 9:56pm
sooshee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Slab, would love to be there but alas have to put bread on table this Friday. Good luck though. Never know, may luck out on a groper Tongue.

Erik, sorry I didn't reply to your previous post. Nah, been off sick for more than a week so haven't been fishing.
Page  <12345 380>