Wellington Yakkers

Page  <1234 380>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2007 at 10:59am
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm a starter for a yak fishing club.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2007 at 4:36pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi Welli Boys

GOOD idea to form a kayak fishing club but don't piggy pack on another type of fishing club if you can help it.     Too much baggage to buy into and some of that is outdated too.     

Contact the Hibiscus Kayak fishing club for ideas.    They are doing well. 

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2007 at 6:52pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi rainbow

thanks for the advice

i have been in touch with a couple of kayak clubs re starting up.
not sure if i have the time to get it all up and running so thought it might be easier to get a yak section going in an established club

Regards Erik
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 9:24pm
tawa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hello fello wgtn yak's - it seems we need to get together & see if there is enoungh interest etc to form a seperate club. this will be the hard part?Smile

what about we set  a venue?/date /time etc & c who turns up - I know there's quite afew of us in greater wgtn.

i'm only giving my input cos i'm keen to c one formed, for yak fisho's & not get paperclipped to a est club. if nothing else it's a gd point to swap info/rigs/spot x etc, whilst hv'n a beer.Big%20smile

feed back needed..! otherwise it won't happen.
cheers tawaBig%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sooshee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2007 at 11:07pm
sooshee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Tawa, yep I would be keen to meet up with other yak fishos. So far, I have met Marcus and Mrcar. Are you thinking of meeting up for a fish or just for a chat/beer/food? If the former, we probably need a Plan A and B depending on which way the wind is blowing Smile. Anytime Saturday or Sunday afternoon is good for me (except Easter).

Anyone keen on meeting up for a yak fish this Sat morning?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2007 at 1:23pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi

Has anyone done any kayak fishing at Waiterere beach? I'm heading up there this weekend and I think the bach i'm staying at has a couple of kayaks there (though they wont be set up for fishing). I'm going to take my SP gear up there and give it a crack for a couple of hours if its not too rough.

Does anyone have any pointers for me?

Cheers,

Bfist
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2007 at 3:22pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi All

yes we do need a get together for a chat/fish/beer/food

i am unavailable this weekend and easter and also the weekend of the fishing comp (Had to pull out unfortunatly) but otherwise am ok for a time/date that suits the majority. if its a weeknight then would prefer wednesday or thursday

regards Erik
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 12:56pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

so is anyone interested in a get together ?

shall we just put up a date and a location and see who turns up?

Regards Erik
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 1:21pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I take there are about 8 of us that would be interested in a kayak fishing club?

Regards Erik
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote stew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2007 at 6:56pm
stew View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Count me in Erik as long as my shifts at work don't coincide with the meeting.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nodrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 9:40am
nodrog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Erik, i'm keen to join in, still "between yaks" but nearly there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote stew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 10:07am
stew View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Have you had enough of the "dark side" nodrog?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 8:19pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hi guys

still thinking of a venue that would suit. was thinking of the establishment in Petone which has a couple of areas for chat etc. depends on where everyone is might be more central to have a spot in wellington.

as an aside i managed to sneak away from family this morning for a paddle. didnt take any gear as i was only going to be gone a couple of hours. got out in the harbour and saw a bit of a bird workup going on so wandered over to see what was up. b***r me if they didnt start diving all around me and getting lots of bait fish. and heres me with my gear at home. there was a fizz boat hanging around but the birds/fish moved away everytime they came near. didnt stop them diving within 5m of me though. then it was like a switch had been thrown. no birds or fish one minute they were there the next nothing.

regards Erik
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mrcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 9:14pm
mrcar View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Clap Good on you Erik for your current efforts re club etc, you can count me in but no meetings please between the Naki Fish comp (posting entry form today) and Zane Grey comp - will be away for the whole week plus some.

Mega km run north - no fishing for me lately as we have been doing some chores around the home - painting etc etc plus have done some readying work on my yak and gear.

Let me know people if you are going to the comps.

Cheers M
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 10:32pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good to hear you are coming up to the Taranaki comp Mrcar. There are some good fish being caught at the moment all up the coast. Already have a couple of entries from Wellington. Be great to see some more Yakers come up

Cheers

NM

The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mrcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 12:23am
mrcar View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Those who can not attend - I found this in my email today --- From Canoe and Kayak Wellington
Anzac Day Kayak Fishing
Flies

Go to an ANZAC Service in the morning and then join with us for the afternoon for a spot of kayak fishing.

Meet at Titahi Bay @ 1pm and fish for the afternoon.

Then we will have a barbeque at 4.30pm on the beach or Jim's boat shed for BBQ fish.  BYO drinks, salads, sausages if you lack faith.

This is open to anyone to be involved not just Yakity Yak members.   

Register your name @ the shop click on the Email address below.

[email protected]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mrcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 12:27am
mrcar View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Kayak Fishing Techniques with Pete Lamb Fishing

fishing
Join with us for a night with Pete Lamb. 

Pete will be talking about all aspects of fishing ranging from different rigs for types of fish where to find fish, and  will be able to answer all of your questions.

This will be an opportunity for all you guys know how to kayak but are not so great at the fishing.  This event is one week before our afternoon of fishing on Anzac afternoon

Time: 7pm
Date:18th of April
Place: Canoe and Kayak
Cost: Club members bring a plate.  Non club members $5
All welcome
Email [email protected]
to register your participation
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 9:41pm
tawa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hi erik,
yes keen to attend, venue? - does anyone hv a venue idea - community hall etc.? - ie one that doesn't cost & is central..? hutt  or wgtn

cheers tawa

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 9:58pm
tawa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hi - looking at the thread - looks like we shud wait until those frm wgtn hv attended the various fish comp, hopefully with some success - although on the postive it gives us time to arrange a venue.
cheers tawa.Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2007 at 1:26pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi All

anyone attending the above mentioned items ????

as for a venue at or around Jville any suggestions anyone?? anyone a member of a workingmans club that we can piggy back in on

Regards Erik
Page  <1234 380>