IS IT ANY GOOD?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IS IT ANY GOOD?
    Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 3:01pm
LB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey lads an ladetts long time no post
Long story short, uncle cleaning out house 4 sale finds dusty fishing gear and thinks hmm dont need this any more,so i have recieved
Shimano MIG Z-02 spining reel. which sounds and feels like a tractor but no worries there.
Abu garcia cardinal 357 spining reel.The drag is suprisingly smoothe
Some cheap copy of a penn boat reel so nothing that i am interested in yet as it all looks like pretty cheep and/or old stuff but also recieved a
okuma BTL803 graphite/titanium lever drag reel which looks the part but when incresing the level drag the handle becomes stiff too.
So is this more evidence of cheep gear or does it just need some ohsif type help?
Oh and a stump puller boat rod from composite sports not suited to any of these reelsDead

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 4:16pm
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They are crap, sell them and buy your brother beer.

you know you want too
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 7:22pm
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Never owned any of these, so can't comment.

The guy in green bay is the man when it comes to servicing reels.

Cheers Woody
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2007 at 6:03pm
LB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Took the reel too allan where we found that a beering was stuffed.
now i dont know where he keeps all his stuf but he had a beering for it so with no delay i now have a near new reel to play with just need a day to play! an i guess time will tell if shes any good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seadoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2007 at 10:31pm
Seadoc View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Who is the guy in Green Bay?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2007 at 9:37pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

geoff murray
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2007 at 9:45pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

My mates caught some good kings on an BTL803 or is it the next size up but anyway they are not too bad and if ya can get it up to scratch for little or no cost then why not
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2007 at 8:42pm
LB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers JK thats exactly what i want to hear.The drag is a little sticky, there is just a little erosion on the washer ,but i should be able to polish it out.plus i thawt i would only load it with 6-8k line.Hopefully the leg will be stong enough to carry the yak to the water soon.Any way how the hell are ya mate,will have to get you up to a shore boyz to catch up!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2007 at 10:35pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Will do mate but Im over in the UK until September so once back on the Shore I'll pop up for sure
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2007 at 11:53am
LB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Ah yes i see that now by your avitar.EmbarrassedAnyway wheres your comitment i mean we've had guys come to shore boyz all the way from hamitron an thats practicaly on the other side of the world(bomb bays).

So what are ya doin in that neck of the woods work or pleasure?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2007 at 9:08pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Bit of both mate. Trying to see the other side of the world while making a buck or two.

All going very well so far and having a great time but back soon so lots to see and do before then
LedgeNZ LBG