The Softbait Hall of Fame

Page  <1 34567 42>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 10:06am
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

so long as i can get wherever i need to in a 3.6m tinnie. . .. 

i, to, are in. .. . .

ErmmWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote campbellc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2007 at 5:01pm
campbellc View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

iv done it waited until they followed one up on the bungie and then casted in , saw the fish eat the softbait too awsome fun.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 12:37am
Plow View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

DATE: January

ANGLER: Plow

RIG: Abu T-Alloy 3500, 8lb fireline, 20lb flurocarbon trace. A bright yellow gulp shad of sorts for night fishing. Steve starling two peice rod.

Depth:
15ms

Weight: 4kg

Fight time: 10 mins..(I like to take my time..  enjoy the flavour)

Boat: Fyran 580

Crew: Me and Matson

Legasea Legend, the rest of you should be too, $10 a month.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 2:39pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish Peter. Night fishing, eh?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 10:04pm
Plow View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Fishb8 Fishb8 wrote:

Nice fish Peter. Night fishing, eh?

yeah it was late in the evening bite time after a frantic 2 hours of cant get the line in the water fast enough sessions..  spent the night out at at the hen and chicks.. this plastic hit the water about 3 metres from the edge of the rocks, dropped about 4 seconds and then the line started getting taken out. It was one of those catches where fishing seems so simple and you feel like you've got it totally wired.

The next day we got stuff all..

loved every minute of it.
Legasea Legend, the rest of you should be too, $10 a month.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 6:42pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

FISH: Thresher Shark (new species for me)

DATE: 9 March 07

ANGLER: Bfist

RIG: Shimano Symetre 4000 and Starlo Stik, 8lb fireline. Berkley gulp Shrimp in Nuclear Chick colours

Depth: 15ms

Weight: Approx 10kg

Fight time: 10 mins
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2007 at 9:08pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

FISH: Groper (Another new species for me)

DATE: 10 March 07

ANGLER: Bfist

RIG: Shimano Symetre 4000 and Starlo Stik, 8lb fireline. Berkley gulp 5 inch jerkshad in glow colours 

Depth: 58m

Weight: Approx 5kg

Fight time: 5 mins

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Accident Prone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 3:48pm
Accident Prone View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work there Bfist. I have the same rod and reel as you, great setup eh, awesome value for money those Symetre's! Thumbs%20Up 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 3:00pm
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went out with the wife on the father in Laws new boat... Have convinced him to try soft plastics after I've had a bit of fun with them around Kauri Point and seen the Master (Uncle) in action with them...

First drop I reckon the FIL is hooked...

Wee wifey didn't want to be outdone either with her first snapper ever, and SP!

We got a bunch of good Kahawai and a few rat Kings... then I hooked up on fly....

The wee wifey hooked up on something humungous... we are still guessing it to be a Kingie about twice the size of the one i landed... Wife put me on the rod when her arm was done... I reckon the fish was all but beat but there just wasn't enough lifting power in the crappy little rod to lift the fish... the braid finally parted....

All in all a bloody good morning and two new indoctrinates into the Soft Plastic brigade!
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S-P addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 8:00pm
S-P addict View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi uncle (or any body else wanting to give any advice) i'm a new user of soft plastics and have only caught 1 snapper on them i've spent about $70.00 on packets of Gulp and only have one and a half packets left the rest have been ripped up by kahawai  and (or) dried out in the sunAngry. any advice on what plastics to use how to fish them and where to fish them, I live in pahoia and have heard that you live in that region too.Any advice would be much appreciated.ThanksBig%20smile.

__!__                                     &nbs
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 8:09pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sweet report cicada...like the action of the sb rod,the way it bends from the foregrip is brilliant  LOL  nice snapper for the fil...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 9:52pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by S-P addict S-P addict wrote:

Hi uncle (or any body else wanting to give any advice) i'm a new user of soft plastics and have only caught 1 snapper on them i've spent about $70.00 on packets of Gulp and only have one and a half packets left the rest have been ripped up by kahawai  and (or) dried out in the sunAngry. any advice on what plastics to use how to fish them and where to fish them, I live in pahoia and have heard that you live in that region too.Any advice would be much appreciated.ThanksBig%20smile.

Hiya S-P & welcome to the forums.
I'm a bit further down the road , Tauranga, but guess that's not far away.
Keep an old GULP packet to store any used baits & often they can be ok to use again.
leaving them out in the sun for more than an hour or so & the bluudy things will be fried.
Keep them outa the sun & away from Kahawai & all should be sweetBig%20smile 
I use all sorts of soft baits, Slug-Go's from Sharpie on here are good & they tend to be tougher.
Good luck & keep us informed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 10:00pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

This photo, kindly supplied by Cicada, should be placed somewhere where it won't be forgotten.
The look of "impending disaster" written all over Clarke's face is  classic & for that reason I'd like to see it given a bit more "air space".
LOLLOLLOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 10:16pm
Titanium
Titanium

Hehe.. it was always a question of whether it would be the rod or the line that broke... Both were absolutely MAXED for quite a while... I also wasn't sure how far into the handle the rod actually goes... so had that on my mind as well. The outfit cost about $50 all up as a rod for my boy to play with... the wife just wanted to catch a snapper and hooked up on this monster with an atomic Shad in white...

The big snapper took a good old jerk shad nuclear chicken and the new gulp sparkling blackie bluie ones did the rest of the damage...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S-P addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 11:09pm
Gold
Gold

Hey,has any body tried the new Gulp jerk shads in pink shine color.            Thinking about buying a packet For my self.Wink                                             Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S-P addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 10:42am
Gold
Gold

That looks like it gave up a good tussleWink.
How heavy was your braid/mono and your rod and reel.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2007 at 8:54am
Titanium
Titanium

The Kingie was on a fly rod... a 12 weight with a 10kg leader... Lamson Lightspeed reel.

The snapper was on straight mono, he gave his rod with braid to his mate... rough, but it worked... he's getting another SP outfit this week.

He's hooked...

The other outfit is just a small trout rod i bought for my boy... the lot cost $50 then i spooled it with 15kg braid... connected to 10kg Vanish with a Bimini/yucatan knot and a lefty's loop to the jog head. While it was sad to part with such a great fish I was pleased the braid gave out and not at any of the knots, so the 100% claim on these knots looks pretty on the mark.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 9:55am
brown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

FISH: Snapper

DATE: 11th April 2007

ANGLER: brown

CREW: Tim Warren

BOAT: 12ft Tinny

RIG: Shimano Sedona 4000 and 2pc Backbone, 6lb fireline, 20lb Vanish. Berkley gulp 5 inch saphire shine, 1/4oz 3/0 jighead

Depth: 11m

Weight: 10kg

Fight time: 10 mins, good lil battle for the Sedona....caught, weighed, cheesy pic and released.

Pic can be viewed here:http://www.autoseek.co.nz/07-04-11_09-221.jpg
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 10:08am
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great fish on the line-weight Edan.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 10:18am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Premo Fish Edan Thumbs%20Up,  go the SP Tinny fishing Approve
Page  <1 34567 42>