Burley Mincers

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cookez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 8:57pm
cookez View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Found a second hand butchers comercial unit 3 phase stainless will mince anything, cost around $300 from the guys who supply the butchers, they are always getting trade ins.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitwaister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:29pm
baitwaister View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Itsallablur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 10:02pm
Itsallablur View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Used this bad boy tonight.  Mowed through 30+ gurnard frames and 70+ kina.  Took longer to hose down than it did to make the burley.  3 buckets full in a few minutes.  This thing is a beast!!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death, it's more serious than that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Twigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 6:14pm
Twigster View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey mate this looks like a bloody good burley grinder any chance you could put a few more photos on?

ClapClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Quick silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 7:18pm
Quick silver View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Don't like your chances since this thread is a few years old and the guy who posted those photos has not logged in for 2 years
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 9:39am
sappercatcha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

a mate had an old buchers mincer could even chuck mussles in it shell and all no worries for it at all
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Billfish2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 10:15am
Billfish2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by 3410 3410 wrote:

Has anybody out there got any information about where to obtain or make a decent Burley Mincer?
By decent I mean, something that I can feed whole skippies and fish frames complete with heads into!
Even if some kiwi inginuity has to be put into adapting something I will give it a go.  Not really interested in the small mincers you can buy, wanting something with some Tim the Toolman grunt!!!
Can anyone point me in the right direction here... maybe some free burley coming your way if I can get this sorted!

Hi, a place to try if your in Auckland is Dunninghams on Great south Rd Penrose.
They sell a lot of 2nd hand gear, Mincers band saws etc.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJSPEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 11:22pm
PJSPEAR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

small branch wood chippers work great I can throw in a whole ky and it will mince it easy just have to give I a little help when it gets to the head
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny4burley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 2:08pm
Johnny4burley View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, yes a kiwi designed and built mincer with a large #42 mincer, all others are #32 size. You can mince whole skippies, mussels in the shell, scales, skin even mince meat and hunters mince whole rabbet and possums with the bone. Very will built and solid and can handle anything you put in it. Awesome mincer, go to http://et-burlery-mincers.co.nz and have a look. very good value.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Johnny4burley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 2:19pm
Johnny4burley View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, yes kiwi designed and built, ET burley mincer. Is a large #42 mincer - all others are only #32 or smaller. Mincers whole fish, mussels in the shall, kinna, even rabbets and possums with the bones, Awesome
 mincer and works perfect. Minces days catch in 5 minutes or less. go to: www.et-burley-mincers.co.nz to have a look

Page  <12