Yak contacts for hooking up

Page  <1 456
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 12:05am
fishboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hey rudees the name... im really new to yak fishing and not experienced at all, and would like to tag along with an experienced person or team who lives around the northshore. mainly torbay, browns bay, murrays bay, castor bay......or takapuna bay....im really new to it so if you could give me a few advices or even take me out to a simple fishing trip tht would be nice... am available on thursdays and sundays....and ive got a scrambler xt.... my contact is 0211780277..

cheers,
rudee
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nodrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 3:15am
nodrog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

welcome rudee!
Its a Kayak Thing...You wouldn't understand!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 9:48am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi Fishboy

Your best move is to make contact with one of your local kayak fishing clubs such as the Hibiscus club.    Give Johnson Watercraft a call; several club members work there.    You will get a more rounded education at that level than from just one person.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 9:54am
fishboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

sweet...thank you....will do and i was introduced to this kayakFishingNZ.com website too....so its a pretty good website for all new zealand people...with a kayak of course....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kai yak fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 8:55pm
kai yak fisher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hi fishboy im way down in Whakatane but always keen to take out a newbe. so if you eva down this way!
Is any one keen on a yak trip to lottin point to try for sum frightening fish fights? say dec,jan or feb?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote merman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 11:13am
merman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Yak fisher Yak fisher wrote:

Anyone venturing up to Whangarei who would like to fish from Waipu upwards give me a shout. Would like to do a far north trip later in the year and have contacts/friends at Waitiki Landing for accommodation, food, beer and fish stories!!!!
Cheers
Yak Fisher

awsome area up there for any fishing as I used to stay in tekao, so I know that area like the back of my hand and have fished literally every method you can think of there,but still find spirits bay and tapotupotu to be a fav for me,good luck to you cause fishing in chch is way slacker

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tga fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 4:39pm
tga fisher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Long time fisherman but new to yak fishing. Based in Rotorua so local for me is Tauranga to Whakatane. Only been out twice so a lot to learn. Very keen softbaiter. Planning to do the Tga De-Coro softbait tournament which was recently postponed until 5 - 6 Dec and rules specify yakkers to be in pairs. So if anyone thinks they might be interested or just like to get out for a fish one weekend please get in touch. Should point out that i fish from a Frenzy so understand if you're concerned. Long story short - it's been hanging in the garage for years as kids no longer use it - so I thought what if.....  try it and maybe one day I'll upgrade to something that takes a little less effort and less windage. Don't paddle far as you can imagine.

Cheers Evan
Sorry - out of office - GONE FISHING
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 7:07pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi Evan, keep an eye on the bop thread. Yakn4snaps, fishkiller, and fatcat are all from rotorua and regulary fish up this way. You are welcome to join up with any of our informal outings. Primo weekend so there will be plenty of fishing going on. Im in a team in the decoro comp so if you are at a loose end you can fish with us. The frenzy should be ok for paddling a km or so.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tga fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 8:23pm
tga fisher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks piwikiwi will check out the bop thread and get back in touch. This weekend is looking good as you say.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishabenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 7:48pm
fishabenny View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,
       I live in Beachlands and have just started kayak fishing. Purchased a Prowler 4.5 and I am really happy with it. Been out a few times but the fish haven't been playing ball. If anyone lives in the area and is keen for a fish either after work or on the weekends send me a PM or text me on 0296500007. Hopefully you can show me a thing or two.

Cheers Grant 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bronzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 4:06pm
bronzy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Gidday I live in the Thames area and i fish the Thames coast and Coromandel every oppertunity i get  (most weeknds) Im always keen on adventures on the water hunting the big one,and im keen to meet like minded yak fishers .If your around my neck of the woods give me a bell 0276916616
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bottlerocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 6:39pm
bottlerocket View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys. Live in Pilot Bay the Mount so have been going out in the harbour without much luck. Have just got myself some roof racks so would be keen to meet up with some of the locals to show me how its done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 7:15pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi Bottlerocket keep an eye out for when guys are going out. Ive gotta work this week but there maybe some others free. The harbour can be tricky and most of us fish down papamoa way. Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ripples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 7:48pm
ripples View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi fellow kayak fisho's, just wanting to plug our Eastern Bay Kayak club first comp on Jan 4th (0700-1300) at and in conjunction with the Top 10 Holiday Park, tickets are $2, plenty of prizes and a 32" LED TV as the major spot prize. Tickets can be got through Gt Outdoors in Whakatane. Our club day today off Otamarakau (Matata straights) produced a good number of snapper up to 3.5kg, plenty of gurnard and big kahawhai.

cheers
Rips
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CJnatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:32pm
CJnatan View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi guys,

I am a new kayaker as well :I Just got my own 4.5 elite Kayak today. Was wondering if there are any people who organise a day/trip out? (Been kayaking/fishing before)?

I live in Northshore - Auckland btw :)

I'll be keen either to go on camping for a night or two or tag along with others..

022 2255 225

Cheers, CJ
Have you ever lent someone $20 and never seen that person again? It was probably worth it...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nylg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:04am
nylg1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What part of the country are you in CJ?
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.”
― Wernher Von Braun
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CJnatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:47am
CJnatan View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I live in the Northshore - Auckland;
Have you ever lent someone $20 and never seen that person again? It was probably worth it...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 6:36pm
Cbro View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by CJnatan CJnatan wrote:

Hi guys,

I am a new kayaker as well :I Just got my own 4.5 elite Kayak today. Was wondering if there are any people who organise a day/trip out? (Been kayaking/fishing before)?

I live in Northshore - Auckland btw :)

I'll be keen either to go on camping for a night or two or tag along with others..

022 2255 225

Cheers, CJ

Try here mate, just watch out for the rainbow colored YakkersConfused

http://www.kayakfishingnz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20&sid=b3893f4bbca647af48fde6fa41b7b352
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kai yak fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 7:58pm
Silver
Silver

hey guys im heading to lottin point for yak fish heading up feb 26 home 1 march any one keen to hook up?
You cant catch a fish if your lines not in the water!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kai yak fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 8:05pm
Silver
Silver

Hi Tga fisher i live Kawerau and fish mostly whakatane. you are welcome to join me for a blast. I try to fish twice aweek. pm me if you heading down.
You cant catch a fish if your lines not in the water!

Page  <1 456