Rigged Kayak photo's

Page  <1 30313233>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marco77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 9:45pm
Marco77 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

well been trying to work out some centre storage for my prowler i just purchased, i have fitted a Railblaza tracport yesterday so have one rod holder fitted to that i will wire a fish finder and mount onto the tracport but still struggling with and storage between my legs etc
any thoughts anybody

Tight Lines !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 9:59pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by nylg1 nylg1 wrote:

Nice looking rig Phish Thumbs Up
Are you going to take on some of that Christmas surf  ? Shocked

Yeah mate are you down this way?
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 2:35pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Go to you a decent mower chainsaw dealer and you'll find they stock canvas timberlands bags. You can feed your seat straps through them. They're ideal and sit to your left and right. Hold heaps $25
Check this pic it shows one either side. They don't get in the way either.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marco77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 2:37pm
Marco77 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Like the look of those where about did you get those ones mate

Tight Lines !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 2:47pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

At a Husqvarna dealership, but probably available through others who deal with contractors. Basically belt bags. Only one color that I've seen, which suited me
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marco77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 2:52pm
Marco77 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Perfect I work right next door to them

Tight Lines !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marco77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 3:00pm
Marco77 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just nipped through they don't seem to have any or heard of them

Tight Lines !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 3:07pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'll find out where my guy gets them and let you know. Big tough zips on them too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marco77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 8:12pm
Marco77 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

cheers Chook

Tight Lines !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chook01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 3:51pm
chook01 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Turns out Mead Mowers and Chainsaws down here in Rangiora have these bags made by a crowd in CHC and they classify them as First Aid belt bag for the forestry boys. Pretty sure they're $25 you could probably order over the phone. You won't be disappointed with them. 03 3136640 Manager is Gavin McClung good friend of mine. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 2:00am
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Moken Angler 13  Deluxe

Sold it  :{

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 12:57pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Added the mission thigh braces with stainless rings to be easily removed. No surf is too big now Wink
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish and chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 9:05am
fish and chips View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

wow!! some of these pics are awesome thank you for putting them up gives me ideas on what to doSmile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 4:45pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here's OK Prowler Elite

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Quick silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 10:48pm
Quick silver View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

In the process of rigging a prowler 13 i brought 2nd hand. Does anybody know where i could find some rails to fit aftermarket which will fit a railblaza starport slide mount like this?

http://www.railblaza.com/products/starport-hd-tracmount-kit/

thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 11:55am
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Small boat versus Kayak , well the Kayak won for various reasons.
After a quick search on trade me , I thought why not pop around to my mate Rob in Coro , apparently he knows a bit about kayaks and might have a spare lying around. Good timing as he was thinking about letting his personal rig go. Perfect as it will be staying local and already knows how to sniff out big moochers.
So back in the saddle with this;

Ocean Kayak , Prowler Ultra 4.7 . (Custom colour)
Ute box addition going to be so handy.
Scotty rod holders
Running rig , Rudder.
Going to install a fish finder at some stage , probably go with the one Rob suggested or maybe pinch the one off the haines hunter and upgrade that.
Looking forward to adventures and getting fit again.

Photo's suck sorry , will get better photos when all rigged up , sitting on a beach , hopefully with a big tail sticking out of fish bag.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 12:56pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice sone good mojo in that yak.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DannyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:47pm
DannyG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

OMG That is such a nice setup you have. Out of interest: Did anyone actually considered before to use an inflatable kayak for fishing? What do you guys think about the Sevylor kayaks? They look like are more for fun but I don't see why you cannot use them for fishing also. Just wondering now .. WHICH ONE ?? Any suggestions?

Here is the manufacturer website

I consider buying this one: 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DannyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:51pm
DannyG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Oh. I just realized this is such an old post. Maybe information here is no longer available. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:36am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Danny no one I know who is serious about kayak fishing uses an inflatable kayak.
Too many sharp objects involved in fishing !
Page  <1 30313233>