Rigged Kayak photo's

Page  <12345 33>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2006 at 11:19pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That's a pretty serious looking setup you've got there Trev. Thumbs Up

Mmm... I'd keep away from the surf though, with all those expensive electronics. Ouch Cry

Good hunting... DogFish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YakAttack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2006 at 8:11pm
YakAttack View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Dog Fish,

Thanks. I reackon you are right. I am staying away from the surf.
No surf at Maraetai luckily. :o)

Cheers
MDU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote saffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2006 at 11:34pm
saffa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys

This is in relation to the similar thread running.

I brought my South African fishing "ski" (as they are called over there) out here with me in the container. When I was there, they were retailing for around R2500 to R3000 (??) exchange rate is roughly 4.5:1.

The fishing ski's there weigh in at 25-30kg. The need to be very strong to take the hammering of getting dumped in BIG surf, which can prevent you from launching on a regular occasions-however the brave/foolish try anyway to reach the untouched waters behind the backline, while the cautious stand and watch the carnage!

Since most launching is done through4ft surf +, and you almost always have to punch some waves (either the first shore break or the last ones at backline - depending on how well you time your mad dash for the breakers), due to this and the fact you could well end up swimming back to shore to fetch your ski, they now encorporate a PVC tube into the central fish hatch (which in itself is massive to hold large numbers of game fish), but the tube runs right to the bow and enables you to put some decent size rods/spearguns stowed safely in the hatch. This avoids sand and water getting into your reels if washed back to the beach.

The most popular manufactures are listed below, and Im sure Stealth has local (AUS?) distributors.

http://www.stealthpp.co.za/

Mine is a stealth supalight. Approx 4.3m long, very stable. Drwbacks are not as easy to drill and rivet atachments as plastic yaks, fragile up against the bricks and do not stand up well against incorrectly packed furniture in shipping containers (hence the repair bill at Paddling Perfection) Picture to follow soon hopefully........
WORK IS THE CURSE OF THE FISHING FANATIC!
Boat = Stealth Supalight (glass)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2006 at 8:21am
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

saffa... how about some  of your ski.

DogFish
I only fish on days ending with a "Y"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2006 at 9:19pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good stuff Saffa - was considering getting a Stealth to spearfish from myself
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2006 at 9:55pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

How's that Extasea coming along BH?
Have you got all the mods and rig-out completed yet?

DogFish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote saffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2006 at 10:14pm
saffa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Heaps of storage space in the hatch for gun, fins, rods weight belt, cray bag etc etc, very easy to roll on and roll off.

If someone can explain to me how to upload pics, lol, I will do so.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2006 at 10:58pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

saffa... have a read here  http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=39  on how to post pictures.

DogFish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote saffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2006 at 10:59pm
saffa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sorry, dont have enough posts yet to upload from my PC  :(
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2006 at 6:02am
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You're almost there mate. Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote saffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2006 at 6:48pm
saffa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Our launch beach in SA for my Stealth
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote saffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2006 at 6:49pm
saffa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Lift off.....

That is our local beach for launching on a normal day. As you can see the Stealth has to deal with a few breakers. Pics of ski to follow........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote saffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 7:09pm
saffa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote saffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 7:11pm
saffa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote saffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 7:13pm
saffa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 8:37pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great looking boat there saffa Thumbs Up  There's more storage in that hull than the website pix suggest. A ski like that would make light work of some of the surf launches we get down here in the Naki.

DogFish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ajst2duk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 9:31pm
ajst2duk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yep, that's a baggy on the FF
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ajst2duk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 9:34pm
ajst2duk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2006 at 10:07pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Nice setup duk!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ajst2duk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2006 at 8:54am
ajst2duk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by JK JK wrote:

Nice setup duk!
It's a pretty regulation setup I think, so I can't take too much credit. Plenty of trailblazers been there before. It is a great fishing machine though, I think I made some good choices, largely because of all the good info on this site. Actually getting toime out to go fishing is the next challenge, we have 2 weeks at Hahei this year, so guess what I'll be up to!!
Page  <12345 33>