Rigged Kayak photo's

Page  <1234 33>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2006 at 12:57pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Warning! If NakiMan ever asks you to help carry his kayak, pretend you're busy doing something else. I swear he's even got the kitchen sink in there. LOL

DogFish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2006 at 5:43pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Dogfish, the kitchen sink was installed last week. Next a beer fridge and a Derek the chef bar-b-que

The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2006 at 7:55pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And a pie warmer, every Yak needs one I reckon Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2006 at 8:09pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Pie warmer emmmm yes and a lap top with a DVD. Oh and a beer fridge
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2006 at 8:51pm
Wizard View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey NM, you forgot to mention the Beer fridge, Dan
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2006 at 8:57pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mmmmmmmmmmmmm BeerApprove
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2006 at 10:20pm
Waka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice rig NM,

Looks like a lot of hard work has gone into getting her just right and a few big 'problems' on days when you can't go fishingWink.

Waka

Waka
Prowler 13
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2006 at 8:34pm
Waka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Ok lads here is my yak. Far from complete but well and truely functional.

Semi rigged - Usually another rod behind the seat and handheld gps on a marine mount in the console area

Gaf kept un leashed at side of rear bins.

Bin at the back for anchor stowage and fish (with stringer), front 6pack chilly bin for easy access to dry supplies and food. Rods at the back kept on short lanyards to minimise ropes on the deck

Front Scotty (rodmasterII) rod holder and paddle leash

Anchor trolley on the port side with sea anchor, rudder trolley on the starboard side.

I have been trying to keep it simple and this set up is working well at the mo. The front rod has a 1.5m leash that is connected at the same point as the paddle leash. GPS mount is not fully complete but will also include a chopping board and room for sounder. Cut baits are usually kept in the front drink holder or centre hatch.

Waka

Waka
Prowler 13
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2006 at 9:28pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice set up their Waka, is that an Abu

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2006 at 9:41pm
Waka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yep NM I generally fish with 3 Abu reels. 6500 C3, 7000C and a SevenC.

Waka
Waka
Prowler 13
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2006 at 10:56pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Congrats... that's a nice tidy setup there Waka. Clap
The fish don't stand a chance. Big smile

DogFish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Squidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2006 at 7:38am
Squidy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hi i would like some yak photo set ups  pls send to [email protected]

thanks

brendan

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2006 at 12:48pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

What sort of tub have you got Brendan????

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2006 at 3:43pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi

Here are a few of my attachments on my P13.

Forward flush rod holders using the same holes/screws as the front saddles.    I try not to have any attachments sticking out above the deck in case I roll in the surf.   

Plier holder is made from a bit of a narrow vaccum cleaner nozle and S/S pliers are secured with a bungie cord loop.    I use them all the time to re;move hooks cut traces etc and want them handy but secure.

This is the mark II model wheel.    Mark I was welded on too far forward   and thus could not house a big enough wheel.   It also stuck out and tangled my berley line.    The reason for the wheel is that the narrow skeg gets ground through when pulling up a concrete ramp, etc, which creates a leak over time.     The wall is only about 4mm thick and since the material is so soft it does not take long before enough has been removed to  create a hole.

The new model works a treat and not only prevents the above but also makes pulling up a lot easier.     Whats more the design no longer tangles any line that sweeps back.    The housing is made from a F&D centre hatch cutout and the wheel is cut from an old cutting board.    I have got three wheels from the board which I can replace should one wear out.

This is my transducer mount.    Two small lugs weded onto the bottom of the hull in a slight wedge shape.    Tab of silicone and the transducer is forced into the wedge and secured with three cable ties over a piece of rubber hose.    Will never come off and beats the crap out of all the foam surrounds and adhesives which a lot of people have problems with.

Rainbow

Rainbow

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wondaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2006 at 6:25pm
wondaboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Whenever naki man has unloaded his yak of gear after a hard days graft on the briney, dont be fouled into believing his his yak is empty. Get him to bail out the 2-3,  size 12 blue band gumboats of water first!!!!Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2006 at 6:58pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wondaboy, your yak would leak too if you had to paddle it home at the depth that I do with all those fish on board (submarine style)Wink I have to wear a dive belt so my ass stays in the yakLOL 

Oh, and those gumboots are for throwing at great whites. Can also be used for bailing water, storing bait and a drinking receptacleShocked And you thought they were just for showCool

Rainbow, has your Misses realised that she's missing a part of her vacuum cleaner yet

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2006 at 7:42pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Naki Man

As a retired house husband supported by a working wife I do most of the vaccuming and the cooking that is when I am not fishing.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2006 at 10:08pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Rainbow, how'd you get a crusiey life like that. I luv doing the vaccumingWinkLOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2006 at 10:28pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Marry a child bride, Mate.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YakAttack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2006 at 10:35pm
YakAttack View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi fellow yak yaks,

Over the winter I have been rigging up the fishing machine. Have added GPS fish finder, VHF, anchor running rig etc. Can't wait to test it all out this season.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/mdusmurf/Rigged%20Kayak/DSC02880small.jpg

Page  <1234 33>